+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC just missed 2 years experience but got points for 2 years

capped.ra

Dec 14, 2017
Hi ,

I am in a very tricky situation. Please help me with your experience.

I landed in Canada on 3rd January 2016 and started working from same day.

I created my profile on July 2017. Till November 2017 my points were less and my profile didn't get picked. But on 6th December 2017 , my points increased and my profile got picked.

I think I got awarded points for 2 years of experience in Canada.

Now I have to leave Canada before end of year 2017. I am really confused!

Now i have following doubts:
1.How did I get the points for 2 years before completing it?
2. Should I accept the invitation and supply supporting documents? Is it a possibility that I will be ineligible?

Please help soon, I have very less time to decide.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Regards,
Raj

Jack3d

Dec 14, 2017
Hi I'm not an expert so maybe wait for a senior opinion, however I'v been reading a lot in this forum so I'll quote some things I remember.

1- why you said you have to leave before 2017, your contract gonna end?
2- I'm not sure why you get 2 years before( did you put jan 2016 in the starting date?)however, according to the stuff I read you need to complete the full year or 2 years in this case, 11 months and a half doesn't work to valid one year: again at least in the info I read. I think maybe you will have possibilities if eventually you gonna complete the 2 years, if in January 3 you complete two years and then you submit your profile after that I suppose should be OK but again I'm not an expert.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

I am in a very tricky situation. Please help me with your experience.

I created my profile on July 2017. Till November 2017 my points were less and my profile didn't get picked. But on 6th December 2017 , my points increased and my profile got picked.

Now i have following doubts:
1.How did I get the points for 2 years before completing it?
2. Should I accept the invitation and supply supporting documents? Is it a possibility that I will be ineligible?

Please help soon, I have very less time to decide.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Regards,
Raj
Express entry consider month to month not the start and end dates of Job.
In this case you are not allowed to submit profile until the completion of 2 years.

You can submit the profile if you are getting enough cutoff points without the 2nd year experience (Which is not in your case).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi ,

Probably - this is because the EE profile system only uses MM/YYYY instead MM/DD/YYYY. Unfortunately, your actual experience will be counted using complete dates. So it is very common that people be awarded points before they have actually earned them. And yes, this confusion causes a lot of people to apply too soon and be refused.

Can you explain why you have to leave?

It does not affect your eligibility for the CEC program, because you only need 1 year to be eligible.

However, it might affect your eligibility for the draw under which you received your ITA.

Depending on your last day of work, you could either be 2 days or 2 weeks short of your 2nd year. This could make the difference between a VO accepting the 2nd year (and the CRS points), or not. If the VO decides that you did not complete the 2nd year, you would lose the extra points. The VO would then compare your new score to the lowest score for the draw - if your new score falls below the lowest score, you would lose your eligibility for the draw, and your application would be refused. But If the new score remains above the cut-off, you would still be eligible for those extra points.

Best case scenario - you work until the last day and depart on December 31 (if that is truly required), and the VO accepts that you completed 2 years. But there's no guarantee...

BTW you should not submit your eAPR until after you have completed the 2nd year, if you need those points to qualify. You can apply from outside of Canada, that is not a problem.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Decline invitation, I did the same thing back in June.
Except, the OP is leaving Canada, and it appears may not be able to gain more work experience. Not sure yet what the situation is...

capped.ra

Dec 14, 2017
I am on assignment (intra-company transfer) and my home country(office) is calling me back on 2nd January

However, it might affect your eligibility for the draw under which you received your ITA.
I am afraid of this situation only.

Is there a way I can confirm my 2 years experience eligibility?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am on assignment (intra-company transfer) and my home country(office) is calling me back on 2nd January

You have to work at least 30 hours per week for at least 104 weeks... that's the only way to be 100% sure. Will you be paid for the Jan 1 holiday?

If your only chance is to apply and see what happens, why not do that?

loz1993

Aug 19, 2018

Did you end up applying?

shirishkota

Aug 30, 2019

I am in a similar situation right now. Can you please share did you apply or how did it go for you?