+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - JULY 2022 - APPLICANTS TIMELINE ***

Raj0411

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Is it necessary to get the ghost updates and are they any good indicator of the progress ?
It's not necessary that each applicant will get ghost updates. I have seen few cases where candidates didn't get the any ghost updates but got PPR directly.
Ghost update are an indicator which means someone is working on your application.

Bangoga

Nov 28, 2022
Yes good news for them, its just making me worried that something is wrong with my application now
Na, i get you, ive been checking everyday and overworrying about the application. Most likely is that we are still considered part of the backlog while folks after july arent. My application was late june and I have heard no updates since my background and medical. and I know folks since May waiting as well.

Its just a mess up wherever they working.

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Na, i get you, ive been checking everyday and overworrying about the application. Most likely is that we are still considered part of the backlog while folks after july arent. My application was late june and I have heard no updates since my background and medical. and I know folks since May waiting as well.

Its just a mess up wherever they working.
But It was clearly called out by IRCC that July onwards draw would be addressed within their service standard.

Bangoga

Nov 28, 2022
But It was clearly called out by IRCC that July onwards draw would be addressed within their service standard.
July ONWARDS.

Its like having your first kid as a trial on how to raise your next upcoming kids.

Also, even I havent reached the 6 month mark, so considering that and the holidays in between , you should ideally see movement late jan, early feb.

You can always order gcms notes, I orderd mine 40 days ago tbf and still nothing..

On a side note it also depends on your VO. Seems like Alberta PNP with VO Calgary have been churning out results, BC, Vancouver.. Not even sure if they have folks here working..

Last edited:

goofyib

Apr 7, 2022
Hey, have you got your portal credentials and have you received a passport request separately for your outland dependent? Even I have a dependent outside Canada.
I did receive the portal credentials and my case hasn't been approved yet. I didn't receive the passport request for my spouse, expecting it to be released as soon as there is some movement in the portal.

Zee234O

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
this week seems quiet so far. anyone received portal email this week?
Update from IRCC call as of yesterday was that everything passed but Eligibility under review/Review required (not 100% sure of words used) but now that throws me into mini panic mode

Mandalorian22

Dec 12, 2022
I did receive the portal credentials and my case hasn't been approved yet. I didn't receive the passport request for my spouse, expecting it to be released as soon as there is some movement in the portal.
Oh ok, Thanks for your reply! My VO is Montreal and I have neither received the credentials nor the PPR for my outland spouse.

inertia

Oct 4, 2022
Update from IRCC call as of yesterday was that everything passed but Eligibility under review/Review required (not 100% sure of words used) but now that throws me into mini panic mode
Did you get any ghost updates after completing background check? Eligibility check seems nerve wracking, I wish they did it in the beginning instead of in the end.