+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - JULY 2022 - APPLICANTS TIMELINE ***

prince.ali1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
That’s also a good suggestion @jacko1995. But bear in mind, that the clinic will not tell you the outcome of your tests. Also, clinics rarely accept their error. But during this process, you might waste your time. IRCC also extremely rarely makes such requests by error so the chances are that they won’t revoke their original request for medical and you’ll have to do medicals anyway. What’s the deadline. Have they mentioned any reason why? And how they have asked you to submit?
U think it depends which clinic? Cause back in my home country they were able to disclose the results to me. And here in Canada, I was given a letter after my test that they should be contacting me if there’ll be some problem with my results. If none, then they will submit it to IRCC after 7-10 business days.

Reactions: tomtom104

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
U think it depends which clinic? Cause back in my home country they were able to disclose the results to me. And here in Canada, I was given a letter after my test that they should be contacting me if there’ll be some problem with my results. If none, then they will submit it to IRCC after 7-10 business days.
According to IRCC’s instructions, no clinic is allowed to disclose your results to you. And yes, that 1 hour I waited for the validation has turned in to 7-10 business days nowadays. I did my medicals in 2018 by the way. Every clinic is supposed to contact you if there’s an issue with your tests, but sometimes human error occurs. So it’s better to always follow IRCC’s instructions even if you’re absolutely sure that it’s an error on their end unless it’s an application rejection, because they don’t wait or even have time to correct themselves.

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Thank you all for the answers, really appreciate it.

The letter I received from IRCC has a title: "medical examinations instructions" and starts with "These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical examination results are now required"... I guess I will have to take the exam again.
The thing is, there is no button to submit the proof of exam as well after retaking it

Reactions: asiqur

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
That’s also a good suggestion @jacko1995. But bear in mind, that the clinic will not tell you the outcome of your tests. Also, clinics rarely accept their error. But during this process, you might waste your time. IRCC also extremely rarely makes such requests by error so the chances are that they won’t revoke their original request for medical and you’ll have to do medicals anyway. What’s the deadline. Have they mentioned any reason why? And how they have asked you to submit?
They gave me 30 days to undergo the medical exam and said the panel physician will submit to them the results.

veerG

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Thank you all for the answers, really appreciate it.

The letter I received from IRCC has a title: "medical examinations instructions" and starts with "These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical examination results are now required"... I guess I will have to take the exam again.
The thing is, there is no button to submit the proof of exam as well after retaking it
did the ircc portal ever said "you passed the medical exam" at any stage for you ?or it has always been "you do not need medical exam we will send you a message if this changes".. i am just trying to understand if it changed back or you never passed the exam

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
did the ircc portal ever said "you passed the medical exam" at any stage for you ?or it has always been "you do not need medical exam we will send you a message if this changes".. i am just trying to understand if it changed back or you never passed the exam
I never saw the "you passed the medical exam". Now it shows "we have requested a medical exam"

veerG

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Ok, understood. I think you reached the last stage. Probably this is the only thing pending. otherwise they woould not request medical exam now. you will get COPR as soo as you submit your IME and pass the exam

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
They gave me 30 days to undergo the medical exam and said the panel physician will submit to them the results.
Alright. What do you see when you go to GCKey account, click on your PR application, and then click on the very top "view submitted application or upload documents"?

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Alright. What do you see when you go to GCKey account, click on your PR application, and then click on the very top "view submitted application or upload documents"?
I have checked that as well: everything is shown in green and "provided". and there is no new document submission button

The only new message is on the main "home" page when I log in to my GCKey account where I see next to my PR application a message saying "your action is required"

veerG

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
C
I have checked that as well: everything is shown in green and "provided". and there is no new document submission button

The only new message is on the main "home" page when I log in to my GCKey account where I see next to my PR application a message saying "your action is required"
Can you please post a deatiled timeline of yours. with all the dates , ghost upates and what it said exactly in the portal for medicals.. just for others to undestand

Reactions: jacko1995

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
C

Can you please post a deatiled timeline of yours. with all the dates , ghost upates and what it said exactly in the portal for medicals.. just for others to undestand
Sure:
  • ITA: 6 July
  • AOR: 23 July
  • 1st ghost update: September 21st - Biometrics and UCI numbers updated
  • 2nd ghost update - October 19th:
    • October 19th - 12 - 1 PM: no updates seen on GCKey account
    • October 19th - 5PM: email received from IRCC and new status on my home page saying “Action is required” and under “review of medical results”: “We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details. “

Reactions: punter123 and veerG

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Sure:
  • ITA: 6 July
  • AOR: 23 July
  • 1st ghost update: September 21st - Biometrics and UCI numbers updated
  • 2nd ghost update - October 19th:
    • October 19th - 12 - 1 PM: no updates seen on GCKey account
    • October 19th - 5PM: email received from IRCC and new status on my home page saying “Action is required” and under “review of medical results”: “We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details. “
It seems your clinic has either not submitted your medical to IRCC or made a mistake in filling your details (wrong name, date of birth, passport number, etc.). Go for a medical exam ASAP! Try with an other clinic this time (Most experienced or most reputable). Also, if they give you some kind of an IMM or IME document or receipts, submit it via webform as soon as you have access to a computer. That way, even if there’s delay and your application ends-up being cancelled or rejected, you’ll be able to request a reopening based on your webform. Don’t worry, it’s a worst case scenario and much more unlikely to happen in your case, but has happened in the past. I myself am a victim of late webform processing, ending up with eligibility being tagged with Review Required and having to still wait for a decision even after more than a year since AOR. Just do the exam, don’t give them a reason to linger on. IRCC is very brutal when it comes to missing the first chance being finalized, because your case exits the normal processing chain and they just put your file in a queue that doesn’t have an end date so nobody bothers to look at it for years.

Reactions: jacko1995

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
It seems your clinic has either not submitted your medical to IRCC or made a mistake in filling your details (wrong name, date of birth, passport number, etc.). Go for a medical exam ASAP! Try with an other clinic this time (Most experienced or most reputable). Also, if they give you some kind of an IMM or IME document or receipts, submit it via webform as soon as you have access to a computer. That way, even if there’s delay and your application ends-up being cancelled or rejected, you’ll be able to request a reopening based on your webform. Don’t worry, it’s a worst case scenario and much more unlikely to happen in your case, but has happened in the past. I myself am a victim of late webform processing, ending up with eligibility being tagged with Review Required and having to still wait for a decision even after more than a year since AOR. Just do the exam, don’t give them a reason to linger on. IRCC is very brutal when it comes to missing the first chance being finalized, because your case exits the normal processing chain and they just put your file in a queue that doesn’t have an end date so nobody bothers to look at it for years.
Thanks for the reply. I have already sent a Webform on Wednesday with proof of "tracking sheet - eMedical" (same document I submitted in my PR application); and will probably take another exam next week..

Reactions: asiqur
Aug 23, 2022
I was asked to submit a IMM5406E additional family info after passing my medicals and Bio linked to my profile. I did submit it right away. I am just curious as to why did they ask me that. After I submitted it says "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." Nothing changed after that. Any idea on the process here? Also, anyone noticing traction around the applications from July AOR's, just curious.