22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
We are still working on your application email: Nov 2nd
GU and Portal email: Nov 9th
Current status: no change in status

For those who have doubts about receiving their ITA before their 1 yr work experience in Canada (like me), my 1 yr work anniv was July 13th but I created my EE profile in June to see how much points will I have. Didn't expect to receive my ITA immediately. Some say, you must decline the invitation and just go back to the pool if you haven't met the minimum 1 yr Canadian experience requirement or else you will risk getting refused. I just waited a week after my 1 yr anniv then asked my employer for a letter then used that to apply.

I'm a NOC 2171 for my current work here.
NOC 2171 and 2173 for my past work experiences outside of Canada.
VO: Montreal
Man! I wish I could ever meet you in real life and buy you a coffee/beer(or a bear? LOL!)/wine/champagne!

You solved on big dilemma I was facing... Why the hell my wife's biometric request has not yet arrived EVEN after 45 days after AOR! I think it is NOT impossible for biometric request to be delayed while over all application is processed more or less on time (106 days in your case). You recieved your biometric I think after 70 days after your AoR, right?

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
Man! I wish I could ever meet you in real life and buy you a coffee/beer(or a bear? LOL!)/wine/champagne!

You solved on big dilemma I was facing... Why the hell my wife's biometric request has not yet arrived EVEN after 45 days after AOR! I think it is NOT impossible for biometric request to be delayed while over all application is processed more or less on time (106 days in your case). You recieved your biometric I think after 70 days after your AoR, right?
I didn't count the exact days but more or less like that. I just gave all the important dates :)

D

Deleted member 1061270

We are still working on your application email: Nov 2nd
GU and Portal email: Nov 9th
Current status: no change in status

For those who have doubts about receiving their ITA before their 1 yr work experience in Canada (like me), my 1 yr work anniv was July 13th but I created my EE profile in June to see how much points will I have. Didn't expect to receive my ITA immediately. Some say, you must decline the invitation and just go back to the pool if you haven't met the minimum 1 yr Canadian experience requirement or else you will risk getting refused. I just waited a week after my 1 yr anniv then asked my employer for a letter then used that to apply.

I'm a NOC 2171 for my current work here.
NOC 2171 and 2173 for my past work experiences outside of Canada.
VO: Montreal
Congratulations and thank you for the clarification!

Now I’m wondering if they recognize that one can still work full-time even when their work permit application is still processing…

Out of my 1 year of Canadian work experience, 4 months of it I have worked under implied status with PGWP application processing, which is legal. I did however submitted my profile after my one year anniversary, so I guess that’s the difference between me and you.

I don’t think it was your case where one year of full-time work period does not equal one year of having work permit.

Also my visa office is in Edmonton, which (I recently realized) is notoriously slow at processing (people with April AORs are still not getting their portal email, so I’m pretty screwed), so I guess I can’t look at your case and expect the same amount of luck for me.

Still, congratulations! I’m very happy for you.

Reactions: tinzzz

Showmik

Apr 21, 2021
Windsor, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-07-2021
background hasn't started yet for me too, aor on 20 july 2021
Not sure when it will start. Really reallyy have to go home. Even "if" it starts by this month and "if" I get COPR by next month then it would still take another 3-5 weeks or more to get the card....as in, we are still a solid 4-5 month away of completion of the whole process. The status of a friend of mine, who recently got her COPR/PR card, is still showing that and for me that's the only beacon of hope.

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
Congratulations and thank you for the clarification!

Now I’m wondering if they recognize that one can still work full-time even when their work permit application is still processing…

Out of my 1 year of Canadian work experience, 4 months of it I have worked under implied status with PGWP application processing, which is legal. I did however submitted my profile after my one year anniversary, so I guess that’s the difference between me and you.

I don’t think it was your case where one year of full-time work period does not equal one year of having work permit.

Also my visa office is in Edmonton, which (I recently realized) is notoriously slow at processing (people with April AORs are still not getting their portal email, so I’m pretty screwed), so I guess I can’t look at your case and expect the same amount of luck for me.

Still, congratulations! I’m very happy for you.
I was on implied status too during my first few months of working. I officially graduated from my program while on study permit in June 2020, started working mid July, and I received my PGWP around the last week of October 2020. Everyone received their PGWP late last year because of pandemic.

D

Deleted member 1061270

I was on implied status too during my first few months of working. I officially graduated from my program while on study permit in June 2020, started working mid July, and I received my PGWP around the last week of October 2020. Everyone received their PGWP late last year because of pandemic.
Oh? Phew! Well then that’s a relief for me!

I graduated in April 2020 but my school had trouble issuing me a confirmation of graduation until late May so I had to apply PGWP at the beginning of June, when my part-time job off-campus turned full-time. I also got my permit around mid October just like you.

Thank you so much for relieving me with this info. Now of course this doesn’t mean that my Visa office in Edmonton would do the processing as quickly as I would hope, but it does alleviate my biggest concern when I applied for CEC.

I hope you get your CoPR very soon!