+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - JULY 2021 - APPLICANTS TIMELINE ***

bonjour8275

Oct 30, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum but it’s good to see everyone’s updates! I guess I can share my status:

CEC in-land, Single applicant

ITA: June 10, 2021
AOR: July 3, 2021
Medical Passed (upfront) & BIL : July 30, 2021
Biometrics done: August 27, 2021

Latest Update: You passed the medical exam.

Linked my TR to PR (International Graduates, May 6) after AOR: September 9, 2021 (EDIT: I know this comes off unrelated but I just wanted to put it out there)

Since then:

No Ghost Updates
No Additional Document Requests
Nothing. Zero. Nada.

I’m concerned that my application might be refused. There’s one issue that’s been bugging me since I submitted the application.

You see, I graduated my post secondary in Canada in April 2020, and I managed to submit my PGWP application in June. I was able to get a full-time shift in a workplace I used to work part-time. I didn’t get my work permit until October, but I was able to work full-time under implied status according to this link (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181).

I made my EE profile in June the following year, which is exactly 1 year of working full-time, but it’s not 1 year from “actually getting” the work permit. It was a risky gambit that I made, but I’m wondering if this would cause any trouble. I couldn’t afford to wait much longer out of fear that the CRS score would inevitably soar and I’d lose my opportunity.

I don’t know if I screwed it up or I’m just overthinking due to anxiety. If anyone can shed some light on this, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks for listening to my long rambling, and congrats to those who got their portal/COPR, and best of luck to those who are waiting to get theirs soon! Cheers.
I think you should be fine, because you were under implied status, so you were eligible to work.

Actually I have also 2 applications one for CEC (AOR 21 August) which is at the end of processing, and Tr to Pr that I've linked 2 days ago in my gckey account, (no AOR at this time). And I really want to know if it will be possible to get a full refund for Tr to Pr application, if I will get Portal email from CEC in coming days.

D

Deleted member 1061270

I think you should be fine, because you were under implied status, so you were eligible to work.

Actually I have also 2 applications one for CEC (AOR 21 August) which is at the end of processing, and Tr to Pr that I've linked 2 days ago in my gckey account, (no AOR at this time). And I really want to know if it will be possible to get a full refund for Tr to Pr application, if I will get Portal email from CEC in coming days.
Thanks for the reply and I dearly hope you’re right my situation. Good to hear that your CEC is almost at the end!

I’d imagine once your PR is approved, then the other applications should automatically be deleted and refunded? Although I’m not so sure about the exact process. I guess we could contact IRCC by phone or email if they don’t correspond (The likelihood of them responding however… is a completely different question indeed).

rickyant

Sep 26, 2015
ITA July 8th 2021
AOR July 20th 2021
Medical Passed August 18th
Biometrics sometime on September (My old Biometrics are still valid)
No other updates
zzzzzz

Last edited:
Reactions: Mariyam Varghese
D

Deleted member 1061270

@HonestDeception what was the expiry date of the study and work permit ? I mean you've applied for PGWP when your study permitt and work permit was expired?
My last SP’s expiry date was September 30, 2020.

My PGWP application was submitted on June 3, 2020 (I graduated at the end of April but the school was not able to give me any graduation documents, not even scanned form, until end of May due to the office closing by COVID). As soon as the application was made, I was promoted to full-time shift in my workplace.

My PGWP was issued on October 26, which is exactly 26 days after my study permit expired, leaving me on a completely implied status in Canada.

As you may or may not know… PGWP lasts for 3 years if you attended an authorized post secondary program that is 2 years or longer, which is my case.

I had no work permit prior to that. You can still work under 20 hours weekly off-campus even with a study permit so that’s why my job was part time before graduation.

So yeah my status was valid when I made the application. I don’t really want to adulterate the topic by talking too much about PGWP in a CEC thread, but I hope this explains!

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
My last SP’s expiry date was September 30, 2020.

My PGWP application was submitted on June 3, 2020 (I graduated at the end of April but the school was not able to give me any graduation documents, not even scanned form, until end of May due to the office closing by COVID). As soon as the application was made, I was promoted to full-time shift in my workplace.

My PGWP was issued on October 26, which is exactly 26 days after my study permit expired, leaving me on a completely implied status in Canada.

As you may or may not know… PGWP lasts for 3 years if you attended an authorized post secondary program that is 2 years or longer, which is my case.

I had no work permit prior to that. You can still work under 20 hours weekly off-campus even with a study permit so that’s why my job was part time before graduation.

So yeah my status was valid when I made the application. I don’t really want to adulterate the topic by talking too much about PGWP in a CEC thread, but I hope this explains!
I am in a very similar situation - and have also had some anxiety about this. I completed my degree requirements in April 2020 (student permit expired in nov 2020), applied for PGWP in June 2020 and also moved to full time work status (between two jobs). PGWP didn't come in until Nov 2020, so I was on "implied status" working more than 20 hrs/week until then, and am counting it towards my CEC application.

I made sure to include a letter confirming my degree completion (what I used for my PGWP, May 2020) and diploma (diploma was issued in Nov 2020).

My AOR is Aug 04th, and have received biometric and medical pass, but nothing else yet. Hopefully our complex timeline doesn't confuse the officer reviewing our applications too much.