22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Anyone knows the reason
My status shows we are processing your background
It was not diffierent before 13 September
That we didn’t start ur background yet when we will start we will send u a message
Its hard to speculate, though some line of thought is around background and security check. @legalfalcon once posted about how this is done. Usually it takes 1-2 months but it can take longer too, upto 1 year. Its this part that is most unpredictable and takes longest. Its not done by IRCC but by RCMP and CSIS. So IRCC basically waits for them to complete.

muthukrishnans

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Category........
CEC
Anyone knows the reason
My status shows we are processing your background
It was not diffierent before 13 September
That we didn’t start ur background yet when we will start we will send u a message
It was same for me until 15th September the background has not yet started. On 16th Sep I called customer support they stated ALL steps passed except my criminal check is processing. After that onwards, am seeing the message as background check is processing.

This kind of background update is something people call as "Ghost Update" but you don't see any changes in the IRCC account which is a good sign. Mostly background check processing takes roughly 4 to 5 days as per the others in the forum posted. Hopefully we should see a portal email sent to complete the virtual landing.

ujwalreddy1

Star Member
May 25, 2018
It was same for me until 15th September the background has not yet started. On 16th Sep I called customer support they stated ALL steps passed except my criminal check is processing. After that onwards, am seeing the message as background check is processing.

This kind of background update is something people call as "Ghost Update" but you don't see any changes in the IRCC account which is a good sign. Mostly background check processing takes roughly 4 to 5 days as per the others in the forum posted. Hopefully we should see a portal email sent to complete the virtual landing.
Are the support agents answering/assisting PR application statuses?