+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC July 2020 AOR join here please

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hi all,

I’ve applied under CEC in July 2020. Please feel free to share here your timeline and information who has applied in July 2020.

Thanks

karenzhou93

Aug 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

Just found out there is a misspell in my employment letter, it misspelled word "hesitate" to "hastate"...Does it matter?

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Inland CEC Application
AOR july 24
Biometrics request Sep 16
SC call Oct 24
Biometrics Appointment Nov 06

Last edited:

SSC27

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-07-2020
AOR July 8, 2020
Medical & Bio Request: 28th August
Biometeric done on 28th Oct
CEC Inland, Applicant with Spouse.

Ostrong

Nov 13, 2020
Hello everyone , I’m new here. I have been following the thread for sometime though. I requested for gcms note oct 15th. I’m July 25th AOR. I got a request this morning stating they need another 60days more to process gcms note. Should I be worried ? Is anything wrong with my application? A response would be appreciated.
below is the content summary of the response.

In the past too IRCC had sought such extensions for some requests. All such extensions were challenged with the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC). In the most recent final report, the OIC observed that "IRCC claimed that it required the extension due to the volume of records that needed to be processed and the operational challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this request did not total more than 250 pages, and IRCC did not show how pandemic-related challenges amounted to unreasonable interference with its operations." Thus, OIC held that "IRCC did not demonstrate that it met the requirements of paragraph 9(1)(a), and that the time extension was invalid. IRCC was therefore in deemed refusal pursuant to subsection 10(3) of the Act." A copy of the final report (redacted) is attached for your reference.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hello everyone , I’m new here. I have been following the thread for sometime though. I requested for gcms note oct 15th. I’m July 25th AOR. I got a request this morning stating they need another 60days more to process gcms note. Should I be worried ? Is anything wrong with my application? A response would be appreciated.
below is the content summary of the response.

In the past too IRCC had sought such extensions for some requests. All such extensions were challenged with the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC). In the most recent final report, the OIC observed that "IRCC claimed that it required the extension due to the volume of records that needed to be processed and the operational challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this request did not total more than 250 pages, and IRCC did not show how pandemic-related challenges amounted to unreasonable interference with its operations." Thus, OIC held that "IRCC did not demonstrate that it met the requirements of paragraph 9(1)(a), and that the time extension was invalid. IRCC was therefore in deemed refusal pursuant to subsection 10(3) of the Act." A copy of the final report (redacted) is attached for your reference.
I didn't think there was a timeline to receive GCMS notes and they just sent it whenever, post pandemic it has taken between 2-6 weeks to receive GCMS notes. I ordered mine a month ago and still waiting, and have seen others that ordered theirs two weeks later than mine already receive their GCMS notes.

Post pandemic everything is just arbitrary, there are July applicants that have received PR and for some others eligibility has not even started. Not something to be worried about, you might even receive your PR before then.

Ostrong

Nov 13, 2020
Thank you very much for your response. Hoping the PR drops before then.... Also, would be great if people share their PR timeline , it would help ease the stress for others. Goodnews does magic to people and helps keep the faith alive.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Thank you very much for your response. Hoping the PR drops before then.... Also, would be great if people share their PR timeline , it would help ease the stress for others. Goodnews does magic to people and helps keep the faith alive.
AOR date is July 8. Still waiting to to receive a call to book biometrics and from the last time I called on Oct 29th, my eligibility had yet to start. I will call to see if it has passed once I receive my GCMS notes I ordered Oct 13th, which will likely be captured in October and reflect my eligibility has not yet started.