+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC job title does not correspond to job duties. Job title in exclusion list.

liujohnson118

Apr 14, 2019
Hi experts,

I will soon start my application for Canada Experience Class.

On my paystubs, job offer letter and employment contract, my job title is "Junior Software Developer" and that corresponds to NOC 2174 http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2174&ver=16

However, I think my actual duties correspond more to those for web application developer, NOC2175: http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2175&ver=16

If you look at both links, NOC 2174 considers "web application designers and developers" in its exclusion list and NOC 2175 also considers "software developer" in its exclusion list.

My 1st question is: is there a place for me to declare my NOC code anywhere on the application form or while submitting express entry profile (I haven't done this yet as I'm still waiting for my 1 year work anniversary)?

My 2nd question is: on my proof of work experience letter, is it ok to use "Junior Software Developer" (NOC2174) as my job title(because that's on my paystubs and I want to make it consistent) while listing duties for web application developer (NOC2175) as my duties and responsibilities?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: faisalshaikhpro

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
NOC selection follows what’s on the job duties and responsibilities and NOT the job title.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
NOC selection follows what’s on the job duties and responsibilities and NOT the job title.
Then, the Letter of Employment is very important, right? (which states job duties and responsibilities of employeee)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Then, the Letter of Employment is very important, right? (which states job duties and responsibilities of employeee)
Yes. Make sure you have all the needed info. Check “proof of work experience” here. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Make sure it’s dated AFTER you received the needed work experience.

john_ng

Jun 6, 2021
Hi, I am new here.
I want to apply in CEC, but I have a job as a clerk (title Shipping Clerk, Noc 1521) and can't open a profile in EE.
But my duties and responsibilities 80-90% as Supply-Coordinator, Noc 1215.

I think I am in the same situation with liujohnson118 and have the same question as him/her:

1. Is there a place for me to declare/explain my NOC code anywhere on the application form or while submitting express entry profile (I have 1 more month to get 1 year experience).

2. With my job title as Shipping Clerk, can I request HR to explain my duties and responsibilities in Letter of Employment which relate to Noc 1215?

3. If the HR do not agree, then can I write a LOE to include in my applications?

What should I do now? Please give me some advices, experiences....
Thanks so much.