+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC job change after AOR

CastorFR

Mar 4, 2021
Hey everyone,

I know this has been posted before, but I couldn't find a situation similar to mine. I applied for PR under CEC inland, got an ITA in mid september and AOR (Oct 4th). I have now passed the medical exam and my biometrics were uploaded to the profile, I am currently in the background checks step. I came to Canada with an LMIA exempt closed-WP.
I am however, looking to change jobs. In many threads, I see people saying it is okay to change jobs after AOR, even if you claimed points for arranged employment (which I did). Things is, I would be under the cutoff should my CRS score be updated.
Can anyone advise on if it's wiser to just tough it out until I get CoPR, or if I can change jobs now without problem?

Thanks

Reactions: sami26

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone,

I know this has been posted before, but I couldn't find a situation similar to mine. I applied for PR under CEC inland, got an ITA in mid september and AOR (Oct 4th). I have now passed the medical exam and my biometrics were uploaded to the profile, I am currently in the background checks step. I came to Canada with an LMIA exempt closed-WP.
I am however, looking to change jobs. In many threads, I see people saying it is okay to change jobs after AOR, even if you claimed points for arranged employment (which I did). Things is, I would be under the cutoff should my CRS score be updated.
Can anyone advise on if it's wiser to just tough it out until I get CoPR, or if I can change jobs now without problem?

Thanks
Not safe to switch jobs. You could end up losing the points and no longer meeting the cut off.

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hey everyone,

Thanks
Hello,
I want to ask you about job offer letter. Does your job offer has statement that says this person will continue to work for us minimum 1 year after PR?

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
Hey everyone,

Thanks
I am in the same boat, please share if you receive any more information about it. Thank you

Reactions: C_vitamin