+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Issues with getting proper Employment Letter

uhd1409

Mar 26, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Hi All,

Thank you for reading my question.

So i am applying for permanent residency under the CEC category and i've gathered all the documents needed except the employment letter. The issue i have is my company isnt helping with giving me a letter with all the details. What they gave me was my job title, pay and duration of employment. i'm working on a contract and since the initial contract employment letter i didnt have job duties mentioned in it. So now i've been trying since sometime but it seems as they arent going to help with writing a letter including my job duties which i need to match with a NOC code.

So my question is, is it possible that i can apply for now with the letter they currently provided and add an explanation page explaining why i am not submitting a letter with job duties. In addition i was thinking of adding the job duties in a separate page and attaching it with my explanation letter. i'l still trying to get a letter with job responsibilities but dont know how much time it shall take as the people in my company arent too helpful in this matter.

I want to apply ASAP as i want to do it before the cap for this year gets full.

So does anyone had a similar issue? if yes then how did you handle it? Or if anyone have any suggestions on how i should move ahead.

Thanks a lot.

uhd1409

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Can you get a manager or supervisor to write an additional letter listing your duties?

uhd1409

Mar 26, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Already tried and they arent ready to do that. I did find one job description doc on the company site which is for the job i'm doing but the issue is as i'm on a contract, few details dont match to my pay stubs/letter. So can that letter work for me?

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would do as you said -> apply with you have no hands, and then gather additional documents, if there are questions from CIC. If they have questions, they always give you 2-3 months to gather those additional documents. Also, if you have an official letter from CIC, it might be easier to explain the issue to your employer (though this really depends).

uhd1409

Mar 26, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I decided of taking the risk of applying with the documents i have. i'm going to add an explanation letter for the employment letter and will be attaching a sheet with my duties. Will see what the immigration officer have to say about it.

Thanks all for your reply. i'll update as i hear anything from them.

orebaron

Mar 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldnt do that man, unless if you want AOR to apply for BOWP

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
If they don't want to give you a reference letter at all, tell them to give THAT in writing from proper authorities. Tell them to issue you a letter stating "We, XYZ company, do not issue any reference letter to our employees".

Probably your HR department can help you with that. Also get the contact info of your supervisor (or of the person you report to).
Also get a record of Employment, pay stabs, initial job offer if any etc - anything that will put you working on that company for 12 months on that job.

uhd1409

Mar 26, 2014
Toronto, Canada
HR wouldnt write me any letter apart from what they gave me which included my job duration, pay and title. For more details in the letter i was asked to talk to my manager. Now its like a cluster for the way my contract is so my reporting manager and hiring are different and its another manager from whose bucket my pay comes. So i've getting passed to different managers for this letter and finally they said they will give me one but its been sometime and they arent responding to it at all.

Regarding
record of Employment, pay stabs, initial job offer
i have all my contract documents, pay stubs, t4, employment verification letter. The only thing i'm missing in all this docs is my job duties. And i think thats what is very important for CEC application.

albrye

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
2211/2212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUGUST-2013
Doc's Request.
12-MARCH-2014
AOR Received.
10-OCT-2013
Med's Request
25-MAR-2014
Med's Done....
10-APR-2014
Passport Req..
23-APR-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
8-MAY-2014
Email your company and have them refuse you in writing. Then you can send it to CIC as proof; I do not see why this will cause any major problems. Just make sure you send all paystubs,, T4 and NOA also send copies of employment agreement, performance review and anything you can lay your hands on to support your application. However, anticipate delays on your application because they will probably put your file under review.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
I work for a very large corporation and was in a similar situation. HR only gave out my job title, hire date and salary. I had to write the "duties" letter myself and then have my direct supervisor sign it. I then sent BOTH letters with the application.

As others have suggested, if HR or management won't give you anything else, get that in writing, and send that with the application.

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
Hi, I have a question here.

Apart from the employment letter, do we have to submit the employment contract as well?

Since I have got pay rise and promotion during the period, but the contract isn't updated.

Thanks!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
angeland said:
Hi, I have a question here.

Apart from the employment letter, do we have to submit the employment contract as well?

Since I have got pay rise and promotion during the period, but the contract isn't updated.

Thanks!
Please refer to the document checklist for required documents.
No, contracts are not required and are optional. Make sure that the pay raise and all inforamation
is clearly stated in your reference letter and you'll be fine.

uhd1409

Mar 26, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Matt the Aussie said:
I work for a very large corporation and was in a similar situation. HR only gave out my job title, hire date and salary. I had to write the "duties" letter myself and then have my direct supervisor sign it. I then sent BOTH letters with the application.

As others have suggested, if HR or management won't give you anything else, get that in writing, and send that with the application.
Hi Matt,

Mine is also a large corporation and in a way they feel like writing such a letter is a big responsibility which no one wants to take. Anyways today i've heard some good news from my manager. Hopefully i should be getting the letter soon.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
uhd1409 said:
Hi Matt,

Mine is also a large corporation and in a way they feel like writing such a letter is a big responsibility which no one wants to take. Anyways today i've heard some good news from my manager. Hopefully i should be getting the letter soon.
Best of luck to you.

It must be the amount of managers...so many managers and yet no one wants to be responsible. The letter I got from HR reminded me a lot of the old captured soldier policy of "name, rank, serial number" lol.