In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
boblee2000 said:
CEC Inland
April 1 AOR
April 13th medical exam Passed and BG check changed to in progress
May 12th BG check changed to not needed at this time
[size=10pt]Aug 19th BG check changed to In progress second time (I believe my PPR is on the way)[/size]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Great. Soon you will get PPR

CECPR_2016

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2016
Passport Req..
9-SEPTEMBER-2016
LANDED..........
01-10-2016
fkl said:
You can apply for their extensions before their current permit's expiry. Since they have a PR application in process already, that is their eligibility criteria. Your wife would get a BOWP and child would get resident TRV if less than 6 years old. Ideally you should apply now because its like 20 days left.

Most likely their SOWP and trv duration was shortened because of factors like passport expiry
Thank you very much for reply. Since she is on Open Work permit, will we able apply for BOWP? I thought its only WORK PERMIT (closed), i might be wrong. Please reply.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
CECPR_2016 said:
Thank you very much for reply. Since she is on Open Work permit, will we able apply for BOWP? I thought its only WORK PERMIT (closed), i might be wrong. Please reply.
Nope, open work permit is fine, and BOWP is open permit too. I applied online with a post grad work permit which was open, received my BOWP in 20-21 days

CECPR_2016

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2016
Passport Req..
9-SEPTEMBER-2016
LANDED..........
01-10-2016
twztedelegance said:
Nope, open work permit is fine, and BOWP is open permit too. I applied online with a post grad work permit which was open, received my BOWP in 20-21 days
Thanks for reply. my wife have only 20- 21 days left for her visa/permit to expire. but same time we are expecting our Passport request in 14 - 20 days. So what will be the best time to apply for BOWP? Because I want to avoid clash between BOWP passport request and my PR passport request.

Also, I feel if my wife apply for BOWP before 2 -3 days of permit expiry, she will get "implied status" even if she crossed the expiry date? Kindly reply. thanks in advance.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
CECPR_2016 said:
Thanks for reply. my wife have only 20- 21 days left for her visa/permit to expire. but same time we are expecting our Passport request in 14 - 20 days. So what will be the best time to apply for BOWP? Because I want to avoid clash between BOWP passport request and my PR passport request.

Also, I feel if my wife apply for BOWP before 2 -3 days of permit expiry, she will get "implied status" even if she crossed the expiry date? Kindly reply. thanks in advance.
BOWP doesnt require passport request, you submit ur documents online and they will mail you a new work permit document. Might as well apply and get it as soon as possible rather than wait till the last few days, unless u really want to save the work permit application fee

davey

Jun 27, 2016
I also got the request for passport last Wednesday, 17th of Aug.

Sent them in Friday; waiting for them to come back.

Best of luck to everyone.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Do you think that a CEC inland applicant with a Canadian child can hope for a relatively fast process or at least for a "nice approach"? Not if we would have to worry about anything, I've just seen some extremely fast processing times (about 3-4 months) and it would be good to belong to that lucky group.

Anybody with same experience?

sbs8853

Apr 27, 2016
davey said:

Congratulations! May I ask when is your AOR?

glen222

Nov 4, 2015
davey said:

When do you expect it to be back ? Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
CECPR_2016 said:
You are most welcome. Sure she can apply for BOWP. The only criteria is a) You have a PR application in process b) Your current wp is due to expire in less than six months. FOUR MONTHS. (fixed typo)

As mentioned by others already, there is no passport request - for any kind of Study or work permit from inside Canada. You are just mailed the WP.

Additionally, Passport is only asked for TRV stamping required to ENTER Canada. When some one applies from outside Canada, both TRV+WP are issued together because you cannot enter Canada with a work permit.

But when you apply from inside Canada, both are treated separately, processed by different visa offices and charged fee separately too.

You should apply asap. Even if you get a PPR now, it would take time to get COPR back and you wont be able to land before current WP expiry. At least it would be very narrow. What matters is that WHEN you go for landing either she has a valid WP or she has implied status. Any thing else is trouble.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
neorol said:
Do you think that a CEC inland applicant with a Canadian child can hope for a relatively fast process or at least for a "nice approach"? Not if we would have to worry about anything, I've just seen some extremely fast processing times (about 3-4 months) and it would be good to belong to that lucky group.

Anybody with same experience?
Hope is all you can do. But the point is, having a child alone isn't a really strong factor. There are much stronger cases often e.g. very high profile / income job, specialized experience / qualifications. Still all they can do is hope. Some good AND LUCKY cases (lucky as in that their security and other checks get through very fast) do get through in much shorter time frames. But there is almost way to predict that.

Even a visa officer himself won't know for certain security clearances if those would take a week or months for instance.

PSIL

Jul 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 1st, 2016
Doc's Request.
Add'nl docs August 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 1st, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed March 13
Passport Req..
September 6
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
September 17
Timeline update

Application submitted as CEC: March 1st
AOR: March 1st (Changed to FSW by CIC)
BG: in progress first week
Health Check: Passed March 13
Additional documents requested August 10
Ghost email: August 11
Additional Documents submitted August 12
BG: In progress August 15

8 days to go till 6 months since AOR . . .

CECPR_2016

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2016
Passport Req..
9-SEPTEMBER-2016
LANDED..........
01-10-2016
fkl said:
You are most welcome. Sure she can apply for BOWP. The only criteria is a) You have a PR application in process b) Your current wp is due to expire in less than six months.

As mentioned by others already, there is no passport request - for any kind of Study or work permit from inside Canada. You are just mailed the WP.

Additionally, Passport is only asked for TRV stamping required to ENTER Canada. When some one applies from outside Canada, both TRV+WP are issued together because you cannot enter Canada with a work permit.

But when you apply from inside Canada, both are treated separately, processed by different visa offices and charged fee separately too.

You should apply asap. Even if you get a PPR now, it would take time to get COPR back and you wont be able to land before current WP expiry. At least it would be very narrow. What matters is that WHEN you go for landing either she has a valid WP or she has implied status. Any thing else is trouble.
Thanks you and I owe you . So I will do it today itself since it's only 16 to 17 days to her work permit.

Also, I can apply for my daughters visitor visa extension right? Because same is also expiring on that date.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PSIL said:
Timeline update

PPR on its way~!!!! Fingers crossed :D

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
PSIL said:
Timeline update

yay! Fingers crossed!