Passed March 13
Passport Req..
September 6
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
September 17
Scottygirl said:
You would answer YES to question 1. My husband was the same, he has been working for the same employer since we moved here 4 years ago so although he technically didn't get a job offer as such, the fact you are in employment means you have a job offer. Does that make sense?
The documents needed when you get an ITA will be a letter from your current employer confirming your employment with them, your start date, benefits package, salary, duties and NOC code.
I was LMIA exempt for the temporary work permit (NAFTA agreement) but for permanent residence I was required to get one. They did not recognize my job offer without it. I am not sure if there are LMIA exempt jobs for permanent residency. You may have to look into it in more detail.

Hope this helps.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scottygirl said:
You would answer YES to question 1. My husband was the same, he has been working for the same employer since we moved here 4 years ago so although he technically didn't get a job offer as such, the fact you are in employment means you have a job offer. Does that make sense?
The documents needed when you get an ITA will be a letter from your current employer confirming your employment with them, your start date, benefits package, salary, duties and NOC code.
Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I thought and ticked Yes. I have received my ITA and in the process of filling up my forms. I gather from the forum that I will be asked to upload my job offer letter once I am done filling the forms.

I intend to write an explanation letter explaining why I ticked Yes and upload an employement letter which states all the details you mentioned.

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. I needed your inputs

I got an update from our representative on our EE PR apps.

Eligibility: in progress
Medical: passed
Sched 4 interview: not needed as this time
Background check: not started
Final decision: Not started

My question is do i need to worry with my update since my eligibility is still in progress? Can i apply for bowp my wp will expires on oct 5. Your reply and inputs are very much appreciated

Thanks

davey

Jun 27, 2016
ashpur88 said:
Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I thought and ticked Yes. I have received my ITA and in the process of filling up my forms. I gather from the forum that I will be asked to upload my job offer letter once I am done filling the forms.

I intend to write an explanation letter explaining why I ticked Yes and upload an employement letter which states all the details you mentioned.
It can also be a dated letter I.e the offer letter from the time you started with them, if you have it. Then you add the other documents from the employer which are recent. I did same and it was accepted.
Technically every job starts with an offer regardless.

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. Has anybody has apply bowp paper based? Please help me because i have less than 1 month to process my bowp

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
davey said:
It can also be a dated letter I.e the offer letter from the time you started with them, if you have it. Then you add the other documents from the employer which are recent. I did same and it was accepted.
Technically every job starts with an offer regardless.
Thanks for replying and confirming you did the same too. I feel a lot more comfortable now.

PSIL

Jul 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 1st, 2016
Doc's Request.
Add'nl docs August 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 1st, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed March 13
Passport Req..
September 6
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
September 17
Aln_mj said:
Hi guys. I needed your inputs

I got an update from our representative on our EE PR apps.

Eligibility: in progress
Medical: passed
Sched 4 interview: not needed as this time
Background check: not started
Final decision: Not started

My question is do i need to worry with my update since my eligibility is still in progress? Can i apply for bowp my wp will expires on oct 5. Your reply and inputs are very much appreciated

Thanks
I got my PPR and still showing eligibility is in progress . . . They are not very consistent with updating the statuses

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
PSIL said:
I was LMIA exempt for the temporary work permit (NAFTA agreement) but for permanent residence I was required to get one. They did not recognize my job offer without it. I am not sure if there are LMIA exempt jobs for permanent residency. You may have to look into it in more detail.

Hope this helps.
If you want to get 600 points for job offer, you need LMIA, period.

If you can qualify (i.e. score enough points without that 600 to get ITA), no body is forcing you to get an LMIA.

This applies to all jobs that are LMIA exempt too i.e. they don't get 600 points.

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
any updates, guys?

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
Got my background check in progress for the 2nd time on September 10th. I hope it's a good sign.

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
GoHaPPyCaN said:
Got my background check in progress for the 2nd time on September 10th. I hope it's a good sign.
It definitely is!

PSIL

Jul 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 1st, 2016
Doc's Request.
Add'nl docs August 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 1st, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed March 13
Passport Req..
September 6
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
September 17
GoHaPPyCaN said:
Looks you are in the final stretch of the process. Probability of getting a PPR soon is now very high! :)

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.