Passport Req..
02/11/2016
abedin said:
CEC Inland

ITA - 23 March 2016
AOR - 3 May 2016
Medical Done: 22 April 2016
Review of eligibility Review in Progress Help
Review of medical results Passed (13 May 2016)
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time Help
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

Fingers crossed GagamM, you will be having medical passed today or tomorrow! :)

Hey Thanks Buddy, you got your AOR day before mine so yea hopefully this weekend mine will be done ;D. We should stay in touch as our timelines are so similar.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
GagamM said:
thanks.
Its good to find a CEC thread, we dont have many matching our criteria.
It might be useful for you to understand that there is a big variation in that criteria.

True, there won't be a lot of CEC applications with LMIA. But even with in them, there would be tons of Restaurant managers, food supervisors etc. and other NOC B or for that matter NOC 0 applications (no pun intended).

Now from CIC's perspective, there is usually MORE items to evaluate in such an application - i.e. validating the Job offer, employer being legitimate, applicant having the right profile etc.

However, if genuine it is likely a person Canada wants more because he has a secure job, already in Canada and should be from the lot they process on priority.

For the above reason - lots of clear cut NOC A resources (or many NOC 0 ones) get pretty fast processing - with in 3 months.

I know at least 6-7 people closely with similar background in NOC A (Engineers et al), CEC with LMIA jobs. Every one of them got through in 3-4 months average.

But at the same time there are far many NOC Bs for which CIC goes in the investigation spin - calling employer, applicants, verifying if the address is commercial, if the pay is good enough for the corresponding NOC, whether their education meets the qualification and what not.

For most of those cases, it takes upwards of 6 months.

So it is really hard to generalize even CEC with LMIA. Time can vary significantly based upon your over all profile

rex911

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
It might be useful for you to understand that there is a big variation in that criteria.

True, there won't be a lot of CEC applications with LMIA. But even with in them, there would be tons of Restaurant managers, food supervisors etc. and other NOC B or for that matter NOC 0 applications (no pun intended).

Now from CIC's perspective, there is usually MORE items to evaluate in such an application - i.e. validating the Job offer, employer being legitimate, applicant having the right profile etc.

However, if genuine it is likely a person Canada wants more because he has a secure job, already in Canada and should be from the lot they process on priority.

For the above reason - lots of clear cut NOC A resources (or many NOC 0 ones) get pretty fast processing - with in 3 months.

I know at least 6-7 people closely with similar background in NOC A (Engineers et al), CEC with LMIA jobs. Every one of them got through in 3-4 months average.

But at the same time there are far many NOC Bs for which CIC goes in the investigation spin - calling employer, applicants, verifying if the address is commercial, if the pay is good enough for the corresponding NOC, whether their education meets the qualification and what not.

For most of those cases, it takes upwards of 6 months.

So it is really hard to generalize even CEC with LMIA. Time can vary significantly based upon your over all profile
Lots of interesting info. Thank!

Does it mean CIC investigates NOC A's less rigorously?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rex911 said:
Lots of interesting info. Thank!

Does it mean CIC investigates NOC A's less rigorously?
You are welcome.

I would be hesitant to say any thing concrete since CIC does not state this officially any where.

The source of all of this info is mainly - primarily GCMS notes of many people that I have seen over time.

But let me say this, none of clear NOC As I have seen ever got called or their employer ever got called.

The maximum statement I found in their notes ever was like "employer address verified being commercial via open sources" or things like "I am satisfied the profile and job is genuine".

Where as this forum is full of posts - NOC Bs or fresh out of college NOC 0s (being a manager and being quite close to min wage) getting calls from CIC asking for further details or their employers getting calls - or some other random enquiries of different sorts.

So basically NOC As are also evaluated thoroughly. But for CIC chances of them being fake are less unless they see some red flag which is uncommon. So they get processed much smoothly - and take lesser time on the average.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I have a query on my friend's behalf. She is an inland CEC applicant.

She has recently renewed her passport after ontario nomination but haven't received ITA yet.
Can she add her new passport details to her EE profile directly or does she need to send CSE/ email Ottawa?
Hope making changes to her profile won't make it ineligible. Any suggestions please.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Feb2004 said:
I have a query on my friend's behalf. She is an inland CEC applicant.

She has recently renewed her passport after ontario nomination but haven't received ITA yet.
Can she add her new passport details to her EE profile directly or does she need to send CSE/ email Ottawa?
Hope making changes to her profile won't make it ineligible. Any suggestions please.
I don't remember if you could do that with PRE ITA profile. But that is not relevant / important.

She will have to fill passport number and provider passport in the actual application post ITA.

If the passport number has changed, she can always provide new number (and add an explanation that it has been renewed now) in the actual application.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
fkl said:
I don't remember if you could do that with PRE ITA profile. But that is not relevant / important.

She will have to fill passport number and provider passport in the actual application post ITA.

If the passport number has changed, she can always provide new number (and add an explanation that it has been renewed now) in the actual application.
She will fill the new passport details in her application. Her concern is that post ITA she will need her new pp number for medicals. If she is able to update the information in her profile or send a CSE, perhaps her medicals papers will have the new pp no.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Feb2004 said:
... perhaps her medicals papers will have the new pp no.
That is not how Express entry works. CIC does not issue you any document as a medical request as was the case with previous PR programs.

She would just go to do medicals. Provide them with a copy of her ITA (which will mainly contain her application number, i don't think it has passport number). Even if it has passport number, the medical practitioner would ask for passport - which they use to ID applicant which she would give the recent one.

Hence it is the new passport that would get included in the medical. The proof of this should be in the result of medicals i.e. the sheet that she has to upload with her application.

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
Hi Tatiana,
My Medical status changed to- Passed this Saturday!!!! ;D ;D ;D

tatianatiana said:
Waiting is the worst indeed. My Medical changed 10 days after, so you might expect a change too.

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
GagamM said:
Hi Tatiana,
My Medical status changed to- Passed this Saturday!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Woo-hoo!!! Application updates are exhilarating.

canin68

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hello everyone
Is there anyone who got SchA and fingerprints request?
Thanks in advance
Canin68

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canin68 said:
hello everyone
Thanks in advance
Canin68
I believe everyone who goes through provincial nomination has to complete the schedule A forms. As for for fingerprints..no...

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
canin68 said:
hello everyone
Thanks in advance
Canin68
I did

canin68

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for ur reply.
We have applied under CEC with LMIA. On friday, we got SchA request for my husband and fingerprints for me.
My husband is primary applicant.
So i was just worried because in most of the PNP cases they request SchA and i havn't heard anyone got fingerprints req.