+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Inland LMIA Job Offer Regular or Dual intend Confusion

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I found an employer who has positive LMIA approval. They will provide me with a job offer, so I will claim 50 points in EE. I am currently working for a different company and have 2 years open work permit. As I know the job offer should indicate that this person will work with us for at least 1 year after his PR is approved. Does it mean that should I start working with them after PR? I don't want to switch to close work permit. I'd like to keep my open work permit.

I also wonder that when a LMIA-approved company gives me a job offer, can I claim points in Express entry immediately?
To claim points from LMIA for the EE what documents do I need? Should LMIA have to be under my name? or can I claim points with job offer letter and company's approved LMIA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I found an employer who has positive LMIA approval. They will provide me with a job offer, so I will claim 50 points in EE. I am currently working for a different company and have 2 years open work permit. As I know the job offer should indicate that this person will work with us for at least 1 year after his PR is approved. Does it mean that should I start working with them after PR? I don't want to switch to close work permit. I'd like to keep my open work permit.

I also wonder that when a LMIA-approved company gives me a job offer, can I claim points in Express entry immediately?
To claim points from LMIA for the EE what documents do I need? Should LMIA have to be under my name? or can I claim points with job offer letter and company's approved LMIA?
The LMIA needs to be under your name before you can claim the points.

You can remain on the open work permit but you need to be working for the employer who is giving you the LMIA.

Reactions: C_vitamin

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
The LMIA needs to be under your name before you can claim the points.

You can remain on the open work permit but you need to be working for the employer who is giving you the LMIA.
Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply. I’ll start working with them after PR. Employer accept this.As far as I know PR Stream requirement is working for the employer min. 1 year after PR. It doesn’t say anything about working before PR.