+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC from India with Quebec experience

banglore

May 2, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I have 2 years of work experience in Montreal, Quebec under NOC 2171. I was holding up to apply for PR under CEC as I know that applying for PR under CEC from Quebec would be difficult proposition to convince CIC that I plan to settle out of Quebec. Now i am travelling back to India in few weeks and I plan to apply for PR under CEC from India. Do you think i would have better chances this way even though I gained all my Canadian work experience in Quebec?

Thanks

banglore

May 2, 2013
Thanks for your help.. but if I had to apply under CEC with Quebec exp from India what would be the best way to project my case to support that I want to settle outside of Quebec?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
byrwus said:
Formally, you are good to go. You declare that you intend to live ex. in Manitoba.
But i am no sure what VO will do with you.

If I were you I'd call CIC and ask for advice.
Also I'd try to live in another province.

Lastly, If you want to live in Quebec, CEC is not for you.
Ok. Calling CIC is not the answer to everything - you get different responses according to who yu speak to there. It's not reliable unfortunately.

Re CEC application:
- can you show any ties to other provinces? Friends, family etc
- do you have children who you want educated primarily in English?
- can you secure a job offer, or company transfer to outside Quebec for once you receive PR and show that offer at time of application, or perhaps during process?

These are just ideas and examples Basically what are yr reasons for moving to upside of Quebec and can you show that to a VO?

It's a tough one but I don't think it's impossible to convince a VO that you want to live outside Quebec.