01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you so much for your reply.

My one year canadian work experience is made up of 2 different jobs, in 2 different NOC A codes (with 3 weeks unemployment gap in between). I have checked and do not think this is a problem and I should still be awarded 40 points for canadian work experience. But let me know if you think this is an issue!
Thanks!
As long as you have a minimum of 52 weeks of combined work experience, then the gap does not matter.

Feiffer

Nov 29, 2018
I have a related question:

I am applying thought CEC and I have 2 years + continuous Canadian work experience (which should be OK for some points). I also have 1 year+ foreign work experience, but this one is basically divided between 11 months full time + 3 periods of 5 months part time (with some 1 month gaps in between). My question is, can I still claim the points regarding my 1 year foreign experience?

Thanks in advance.

sheiquiroga

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
I am facing this issue too, I am aware of putting job positions to personal history that I can not demonstrate, however, my concern is about a second position in a company. I mean I have a letter from one period, and there is another period that I can not demonstrate or provide evidence, I really want to avoid misrepresentation in here. any suggestions? can I leave it aside and put it in personal history?
Hi, were you able to get your pr? What did you do regarding the issue discussed? Did you leave our foreign work exp and just stated in the personal history?

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Yes no problem. I already applied for citizenship a few weeks ago.

pabla19

Aug 23, 2020
That statement is false.
[/

Hi
Please help me out for this confusion. I am so anxious and feeling stress.
I applied under CEC category.
I have one year canadian experience as Security Guard Supervisor. I attached Reference letter with all duties, pay stubs , NOA , T4. I claimed points for this B category Job.

but by mistake time of EE profile creation i also added foreign work experience for which i did not claimed points. I dont have Reference letter with duties or any other document. I just have one refrence letter. At time of PR application it was asking for document so i uploaded refrence letter without duties. This job was also D category. It was Network Admin job but i was not performing that job title duties so mentioned it like D category.

its my mistake i should not mention it in work history and it should be mentioned in personal history.

What should be the solution now? Or nothing to worry as it was D category and i have not claimed points for that job?

Please help me out.
Thanks everyone

pabla19

Aug 23, 2020
Hi
I have one year canadian experience as Security Guard Supervisor. I attached Reference letter with all duties, pay stubs , NOA , T4. I claimed points for this B category Job.

but by mistake time of EE profile creation i also added foreign work experience for which i did not claimed points. I dont have Reference letter with duties or any other document. I just have one refrence letter. At time of PR application it was asking for document so i uploaded refrence letter without duties. This job was also D category. It was Network Admin job but i was not performing that job title duties so mentioned it like D category.

its my mistake i should not mention it in work history and it should be mentioned in personal history.

What should be the solution now? Or nothing to worry as it was D category and i have not claimed points for that job?

Please help me out.
Thanks everyone

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Hi

Please help me out.
Thanks everyone
they will not ask you any details for that job because it is D category.Yes you made a mistake by not adding duties, but they will not care. And yes you should have added this in the personal history. As long as the actual job you used for your application is correct you will be fine. The important part is to have the Actual points in the system and that you are proving it. The rest, there may be silly mistakes, but i do not see misrepresentation here. Just wait for it

pabla19

Aug 23, 2020
they will not ask you any details for that job because it is D category.Yes you made a mistake by not adding duties, but they will not care. And yes you should have added this in the personal history. As long as the actual job you used for your application is correct you will be fine. The important part is to have the Actual points in the system and that you are proving it. The rest, there may be silly mistakes, but i do not see misrepresentation here. Just wait for it
Thanks for your response.
i provided all documents for my main or primary job like refrence letter with all duties, T4, NOA, all Paystubs. For which i claimed points.

i also think that foreign work experience does not matter because i dontget any points.

i just applied eApr on 19th August

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Thanks for your response.
i provided all documents for my main or primary job like refrence letter with all duties, T4, NOA, all Paystubs. For which i claimed points.

i also think that foreign work experience does not matter because i dontget any points.

i just applied eApr on 19th August
You should be fine. They will not give importance to the other jobs that do not qualify for points. Even if you included this job into the work history and found a NOC D for them, still it does not qualify for points, so you did not get any points during the express entry pool for this. Just let it go, and wait for them.

jesseke

Nov 4, 2017
Hello
I want to claim one year foreign work experience. my employer stated that I worked from September 15 2014 to August 20 2015.They did not agree to include my probation period, how can I prove to cic agent that I worked a probationary period. A lawyer told me to get a supervisor to provide a letter proving I was working prior to september 15, 2014. will that suffice alongside my bank statements.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
yes you can. There is a section for work experience, those jobs you are asking for points, and there is another section for personal history, that you mention all the jobs I just mentioned plus any other job you had that youmay not be requesting any points which you do not need to show anything, not job letter not nothing.

Preetkaur123

May 14, 2022
yes you can. There is a section for work experience, those jobs you are asking for points, and there is another section for personal history, that you mention all the jobs I just mentioned plus any other job you had that youmay not be requesting any points which you do not need to show anything, not job letter not nothing.
Can IRCC question if we don’t want to claim any work experience or it’s just our choice? I have foreign work experience with reference letter most of the requirements fulfilled that IRCC required except annual salary so I have one year Canadian work experience. can I just claim points for Canadian work experience and add foreign work experience in personal history and add the reference letter as well (additional proof ).

Last edited:

Preetkaur123

May 14, 2022
Hello,

I am applying ECE Express Entry and have a similar question as the first question in this thread, but would like clarification from people who have gone through the process :)

I have one year of canadian work experience and one year of foreign work experience. I do not want to declare the foreign work experience in my express entry profile as I do not need the points and it will be hard to get a reference letter from that job. Can I leave it out of work experience (even though it is valid work experience) and just note it in personal history? I don't want them to think I have lied about not having foreign work experience.

Thanks so much
did you get your PR?

Last edited:

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Hi ,
Did you get your PR ? or you need to provide reference letter for foreign work experience.
this post is old. Many of us are canadian citizens already I believe.