+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC for PR

dia123

Star Member
May 9, 2020
I took 4 weeks vacation and go back to my home country during my one year of work in Canada. it was paid vacation I have read on GoC website that "An allowance for a reasonable period of vacation time will generally be made in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., a two-week period of paid vacation leave within a given 52-week period in which the applicant was engaged in qualifying work experience)". Does that mean that I will be 2 weeks short for the CEC application?

Thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I took 4 weeks vacation and go back to my home country during my one year of work in Canada. it was paid vacation I have read on GoC website that "An allowance for a reasonable period of vacation time will generally be made in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., a two-week period of paid vacation leave within a given 52-week period in which the applicant was engaged in qualifying work experience)". Does that mean that I will be 2 weeks short for the CEC application?

Thanks
Most likely yes, it'll be at the discretion of the officer.... When I applied for PR, I spent about 25 days outside Canada including weekends and a couple holidays, and a couple of those days I worked remotely.

I applied about 10 days after I had completed the 52 weeks, just to give myself some extra cushioning, however, if you already worked and left the company, you might not be able to do so.

Your only choice would be to apply regardless, since those were paid vacations and part of your benefits, I wouldn't think you'll run into any issues. I cannot say for sure though.

Make sure your letter of employment clearly states how much vacation time you were entitled to, and you should be fine.

dia123

Star Member
May 9, 2020
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I am still working in the same company so I will wait for two more weeks.

Reactions: Uvr

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I am still working in the same company so I will wait for two more weeks.
Perfect, nothing to worry about then. Trust me when it comes to this waiting for an additional 2-3 weeks before you apply is totally worth it just to be safe, it's not worth risking it if you can afford to work for a bit more before applying.

gotusk

May 6, 2020
I am CEC applicant. I started working 21 April 2019. I created my EE profile 20 April 2020. However, system only ask for month and year while creating EE profile. So I got the points based on that and I end up with 453. Now I got ITA on 1st May 2020 but still I have not accepted it because of work experience Calculations.
I went to back home for 6 weeks. When I came back, due to Covid 19 rule I had to stay at home for 2 weeks. Additionally I stayed more 2 weeks at home due to fear of virus. This whole period of 2.5 months being absent at work was unpaid. So I am getting short of 2.5 month of this 1year work experience. I have started working with same company with same NOC from 13 April 2020. so now I have following questions.
1. should I accept this ITA or not?
2. What if I accept this ITA after filling this gap 2.5 month and submit all documents after?
3. My 1 year experience will complete on 18 July. Due to Covid 19 IRCC allowing 90 days to submit documents. Is it safe to submit documents after 18 July 2020 ?
All answers will be greatly appreciated......

dia123

Star Member
May 9, 2020
I am not an expert on this, but I believe because of your 2.5 months was unpaid, you haven't completed your one year yet. So you should decline your ITA. I also think the second and third options will not work. In my case, I had paid vacation but still hesitant to apply. but as I said I am not an expert please wait for others to respond.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
To apply for CEC, do I need to get a police report from my home country? I got police clearance from home country 2 years ago for my study permit.

Is it required?

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
To apply for CEC, do I need to get a police report from my home country? I got police clearance from home country 2 years ago for my study permit.

Is it required?
Yes u need a pcc from home country. If u have not visited ur country back after issuance of pcc then that one is fine otherwise u gotta get a new copy.

Reactions: Sen88

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Yes u need a pcc from home country. If u have not visited ur country back after issuance of pcc then that one is fine otherwise u gotta get a new copy.
I didn't visit after that.. but some people say that if the PCC is older than 6 months, it should be renewed. Is that true? Did you come across such situation?

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
here :

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

Link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Reactions: Sen88

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I am CEC applicant. I started working 21 April 2019. I created my EE profile 20 April 2020. However, system only ask for month and year while creating EE profile. So I got the points based on that and I end up with 453. Now I got ITA on 1st May 2020 but still I have not accepted it because of work experience Calculations.
I went to back home for 6 weeks. When I came back, due to Covid 19 rule I had to stay at home for 2 weeks. Additionally I stayed more 2 weeks at home due to fear of virus. This whole period of 2.5 months being absent at work was unpaid. So I am getting short of 2.5 month of this 1year work experience. I have started working with same company with same NOC from 13 April 2020. so now I have following questions.
1. should I accept this ITA or not?
2. What if I accept this ITA after filling this gap 2.5 month and submit all documents after?
3. My 1 year experience will complete on 18 July. Due to Covid 19 IRCC allowing 90 days to submit documents. Is it safe to submit documents after 18 July 2020 ?
All answers will be greatly appreciated......
Yes, it was unpaid leave so it cannot be considered as part of your benefits like regular vacation most people get for a couple of week, that would be okay.

In your case it isn't, and you are in fact short 2.5 months. You should decline the ITA and submit your profile once you've become eligible to do, meaning when you have completed the year... You're still a long way from that...

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I didn't visit after that.. but some people say that if the PCC is older than 6 months, it should be renewed. Is that true? Did you come across such situation?
No it shouldn't be renewed... However you might be asked for an updated one down the road.

My suggestion is, if it is relatively easy and cheap to get an updated PCC just get it...

Even, just apply with the one you have and get the new one and submit it through the webform when you get it.

Doing this will just avoid potential delays. They might never request it but just in case they end up doing it you may want to cover all the bases just to avoid potential delays.

If it is really complicated, then no, just submit the one you have and hope they won't ask for an updated version... Which you cannot know for sure.

PaulTkn

Jun 12, 2020
Regarding cec work experience.. i have 1 year of canada experience now and out of that 12 months, i was out of country for 2 months working for canada employer on Canadian timing. I was getting paid for full time during this period. Does this count under CEC experience?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Regarding cec work experience.. i have 1 year of canada experience now and out of that 12 months, i was out of country for 2 months working for canada employer on Canadian timing. I was getting paid for full time during this period. Does this count under CEC experience?
just my thoughts, if your reference letter will show 12 months of work from a Canadian location and employer plus you’re receiving payments in CAD, I think that should be okay.