+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** CEC - Feb 2023 AOR *******

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thanks for offering help Raptor. Just to make myself clear, everything is completed in tracker except Background Verification. The GCMS notes I have received so far show Security not started and the new ones I ordered recently will take time so I guess the only thing we can do is wait........

p.s. - Since I am still in the PR processing queue , Citizenship application delays are not applicable to me.

I understand. It can be frustrating to wait for a background verification to be completed, but unfortunately, there is not much you can do but wait. The processing time for background verifications can vary depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of the case and the workload of the agency conducting the verification. In general, however, background verifications can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to complete.

In the meantime, you can use this time to prepare for your arrival in Canada. You can start by researching your new home and learning about Canadian culture. You can also start planning your move and making arrangements for your belongings.

Abin050

Apr 26, 2023
Hi All,

Today I got an message from IRCC to update my current address. I am not sure why they are asking this document now. Any idea ?? Confused.
Anyone received such letter?

Thanks!

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
Hi All,

Today I got an message from IRCC to update my current address. I am not sure why they are asking this document now. Any idea ?? Confused.

Thanks!
it's a good sign. I suppose you will receive your portal email soon.

Abin050

Apr 26, 2023
it's a good sign. I suppose you will receive your portal email soon.
Thank you for your response: In the portal, I see like below:
Eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background Check : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Review of Additional documents: We need additional document to continue processing your application.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi All,

Thanks!
There are a few reasons why IRCC might ask you to update your current address. One possibility is that they need to send you a letter or other document. Another possibility is that they are conducting a background check and need to verify your identity.

Here are some additional reasons why IRCC might ask you to update your address:
  • To send you a decision on your application
  • To notify you of a change in your application status
  • To invite you to an interview
  • To collect a fee
If you have recently moved, it is important to update your address with IRCC as soon as possible. This will help to ensure that they are able to contact you if they need to.

Reactions: Abin050

Abin050

Apr 26, 2023
There are a few reasons why IRCC might ask you to update your current address. One possibility is that they need to send you a letter or other document. Another possibility is that they are conducting a background check and need to verify your identity.

Here are some additional reasons why IRCC might ask you to update your address:
  • To send you a decision on your application
  • To notify you of a change in your application status
  • To invite you to an interview
  • To collect a fee
If you have recently moved, it is important to update your address with IRCC as soon as possible. This will help to ensure that they are able to contact you if they need to.
Thank you dear for your response. We shall wait for the update from IRCC

Reactions: Raptor33

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
It is so frustrating ... my background check has been in "in progress" since March. I don't understand what the hold up is. Eligibility, biometrics, medical all completed, but stuck in background check. When I called them in March, they said criminality was completed and that security was in process. I have really no words to express how incredibly annoying this is. I never travelled outside my country other than Canada, never applied for any visa that was refused or denied, no shady past, nothing ...

I can't even imagine how long it will draw out now that I am married and I have to submit my spouse's documents. No updates whatsoever ...

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
It is so frustrating ... my background check has been in "in progress" since March. I don't understand what the hold up is. Eligibility, biometrics, medical all completed, but stuck in background check. When I called them in March, they said criminality was completed and that security was in process. I have really no words to express how incredibly annoying this is. I never travelled outside my country other than Canada, never applied for any visa that was refused or denied, no shady past, nothing ...

I can't even imagine how long it will draw out now that I am married and I have to submit my spouse's documents. No updates whatsoever ...
Same boat buddy, wait for ITA, wait for portal. It’s a torment.

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
Atleast you got it..I never received any lol..When did you requested thou..
I requested on May 10, 2023. I guess it came through quickly because they haven't done ANY WORK on my file. My criminality is not started, security not started ... I am really frustrated at these people. I left my newly-married-wife back home and I don't know when I will be able to see her. .. I've been in Canada for 7 years now, and I just want to go home ... I am also waiting for my PGWP extension (2023 public policy) which is totally silent. I applied a month ago,. If I could get this extension, I could extend my visa and fly home ...

ShuBhaMAhuJA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
I requested on May 10, 2023. I guess it came through quickly because they haven't done ANY WORK on my file. My criminality is not started, security not started ... I am really frustrated at these people. I left my newly-married-wife back home and I don't know when I will be able to see her. .. I've been in Canada for 7 years now, and I just want to go home ... I am also waiting for my PGWP extension (2023 public policy) which is totally silent. I applied a month ago,. If I could get this extension, I could extend my visa and fly home ...
Hope for the best for you..As I’ve Heard that FeB AOR’s are getting Portal emails but I don’t see any progress in this Thread might be possible they have a whatsup group that I’m not intrested in to Join Lol

Reactions: sean468

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
Wish the best for you and your wife. May I know your PVO and SVO?