Hello everyone!

Here's an updated timeline:

aor - feb 2
portal 1 - may 2
portal 2 -may 3
ecopr - may 10

pr card ghost update - may 25
pr card mailed - may 26

I am a single applicant. I hope this helps in estimating timelines while we all are waiting to hear back.

Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: G4b and aviral007

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi guys,
I got an update to do my medicals again. Anyone knows why they would request that?
There are a few reasons why Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) might request that you do your medicals again.
  • Your medical condition may have changed since your initial medical exam. If you have developed a new medical condition or your existing condition has worsened, IRCC may request that you have a new medical exam to assess your current health status.
  • The results of your initial medical exam may have been inconclusive. If IRCC was unable to make a definitive decision about your medical admissibility based on the results of your initial medical exam, they may request that you have a new medical exam to get more information about your health.
  • You may have provided false or misleading information on your medical history. If IRCC suspects that you have provided false or misleading information on your medical history, they may request that you have a new medical exam to verify your health status.
If you have been asked to do your medicals again, it is important to comply with IRCC's request as soon as possible. Failure to do so could result in the rejection of your application.

Here are some tips for getting your medicals done again:
  • Choose a doctor who is authorized to do medical exams for immigration purposes. You can find a list of authorized doctors on IRCC's website.
  • Make sure you have all of the required documentation. You will need to provide your passport, IRCC medical exam form, and any other documentation that IRCC has requested.
  • Be prepared to answer questions about your medical history. The doctor will ask you about your medical history, including any chronic conditions, medications, and allergies.
  • Be honest with the doctor. It is important to be honest with the doctor about your medical history, even if you are concerned about the consequences. IRCC is only interested in protecting the health of Canadians, and they will not discriminate against you based on your health status.
Once you have had your medical exam, the doctor will send the results to IRCC. IRCC will then review the results and make a decision about your medical admissibility.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi everyone,
We were in work permit Canada and details regarding our PR application

ITA Received Feb 2 2023
File updated March 13 2023

AOR March 13 2023
Background updated April 18 2023
Confirmation email May 05 2023
ecoPr May 08 2023
Pr card May 22 2023
Congratulations on your PR approval! Your timeline is very quick

Abin050

Apr 26, 2023
Hi everyone,

ITA Received Feb 2 2023

AOR March 13 2023
ecoPr May 08 2023
Pr card May 22 2023
Congratulations!

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
Hi everyone,

ITA Received Feb 2 2023

AOR March 13 2023
ecoPr May 08 2023
Pr card May 22 2023
How is this possible? This was so quick ... I believe I have one of the simplest of applications as I have zero travel history and yet my background check is in progress for months ... anyway, congratssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Hi guys,
I got an update to do my medicals again. Anyone knows why they would request that?
Had yours expired? Mine did, so they sent me a new request. They updated my medical number on the tracker with the new IME number. A few days later they changed it back to the original IME with new expiry date.

datnaijababe

Sep 15, 2022
Had yours expired? Mine did, so they sent me a new request. They updated my medical number on the tracker with the new IME number. A few days later they changed it back to the original IME with new expiry date.
I used my old expired medical result just like every other cec applicants. I already did the medicals, just waiting for the results to be uploaded then I know my fate. my medicals changed from completed to in progress on my tracker today.

Reactions: sean468

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
I used my old expired medical result just like every other cec applicants. I already did the medicals, just waiting for the results to be uploaded then I know my fate. my medicals changed from completed to in progress on my tracker today.
Yeah mine went from COMPLETE to In Progress on the 18th of May... just waiting patiently now.

Reactions: datnaijababe

Abin050

Apr 26, 2023
Hi All,
I have a doubt with related to my Background check status changes:
28 Feb : Background Check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
9 May : Background Check : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your back ground check
24 May : They asked to update my current address. Reason that the addresses maintained in their system are not current. Address details submitted on 25th.
29 May : Background Check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
& Review of additional document is pending

Seems like my Background check status has shifted to the initial status. No Idea.... Anyone faced same situation?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi All,
I have a doubt with related to my Background check status changes:
28 Feb : Background Check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
9 May : Background Check : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your back ground check
24 May : They asked to update my current address. Reason that the addresses maintained in their system are not current. Address details submitted on 25th.
29 May : Background Check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
& Review of additional document is pending

Seems like my Background check status has shifted to the initial status. No Idea.... Anyone faced same situation?
It is not uncommon for the background check status to change several times during the processing of an immigration application. This is because IRCC may need to gather additional information or conduct further investigations.

In your case, it seems that IRCC requested you to update your current address. This may have caused the background check status to change to "Your application is in progress". Once you submitted your updated address, the background check status may have changed back to "We are processing your background check".

It is important to note that the background check status is not an indication of the outcome of your application. IRCC will continue to process your application and will make a decision based on all of the information that they have gathered.

If you are concerned about the status of your application, you can contact IRCC for more information.

Here are some tips for dealing with a background check that has been changed several times:
  • Stay calm. It is important to stay calm and not panic. IRCC is likely just gathering additional information and will make a decision soon.
  • Contact IRCC. If you are concerned about the status of your application, you can contact IRCC for more information.
  • Be patient. It may take some time for IRCC to make a decision on your application. Be patient and wait for their decision.

Reactions: Abin050

aviral007

Jan 13, 2023
Hi All,

My timeline with new updates:

Completed Steps:
CEC (Inland) and applying as a single applicant without any dependents
CRS: 544
NOC: 21222
PVO: CIO Sydney
SVO: CIO Ottawa
ITA: Jan 11, 2023
Profile submitted: Feb 18, 2023
AOR: Feb 18, 2023
MEP: Mar 10, 2023
BIO: Mar 10, 2023
Eligibility: Apr 03, 2023
Background Check: May 29, 2023
COPR number in Tracker: May 29, 2023
Portal Email 1: May 26, 2023
Portal Email 2: May 30, 2023
VO of Portal Email: Etobicoke

Pending Steps:
eCOPR:
PR Card:

Reactions: Maria0000

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
Hi All,

My timeline with new updates:

Completed Steps:
CEC (Inland) and applying as a single applicant without any dependents
CRS: 544
NOC: 21222
PVO: CIO Sydney
SVO: CIO Ottawa
ITA: Jan 11, 2023
Profile submitted: Feb 18, 2023
AOR: Feb 18, 2023
MEP: Mar 10, 2023
BIO: Mar 10, 2023
Eligibility: Apr 03, 2023
Background Check: May 29, 2023
COPR number in Tracker: May 29, 2023
Portal Email 1: May 26, 2023
Portal Email 2: May 30, 2023
VO of Portal Email: Etobicoke

Pending Steps:
eCOPR:
PR Card:
Congrats! Thanks for sharing. I wish I will receive my portal email soon! By the way, have you tried to call the IRCC?

aviral007

Jan 13, 2023
Congrats! Thanks for sharing. I wish I will receive my portal email soon! By the way, have you tried to call the IRCC?
Hi,

Yeah I hope everybody gets the awaited email soon.

On another question, yes, I have called IRCC a ton of times. In total about 6-7 times. Mostly during April and early May. It took almost 2 months for my background check to be completed. For several days, the security check and the criminality check hadn't even been started by CBSA and CSIS, even when every other pre-requisite step till that point was complete, including the information sharing. I called them last on 12th May and didn't see any change in my status. I even ordered GCMS notes, not that it will be much help now. After that I just felt depressed at it so I left it and decided to not think much about it. And indeed on 26th May I suddenly had the portal email and on 29th May everything was updated in tracker.

I know it's so frustrating to wait.

But I hope you get it soon,