+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** CEC - Feb 2023 AOR *******

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Just now checked my gckey, got an update, Application/ profile updated.

BG changed from
Your application is in progress
to
We are processing your application

CEC inland Feb 06

Tracker all completed except BG in process

Reactions: Ojeras

rukiTokAfu

May 11, 2023
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
More than 3months now since AOR :) and 30+ days since background status updated to in progress on 19th Sep. Rest all shows completed in tracker. Even got medical extension in between but looks like IRCC will take whole 4 months (current processing time for CEC) to process CEC applications.
Who all are in same boat ??

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Just now checked my gckey, got an update, Application/ profile updated.

BG changed from
Your application is in progress
to
We are processing your application

CEC inland Feb 06

Tracker all completed except BG in process
Got my portal 1 same day, replied next day
Credentials same Day, submitted next day i.e. sat may 20

eCopr awaited

Reactions: rukiTokAfu

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
More than 3months now since AOR :) and 30+ days since background status updated to in progress on 19th Sep. Rest all shows completed in tracker. Even got medical extension in between but looks like IRCC will take whole 4 months (current processing time for CEC) to process CEC applications.
Who all are in same boat ??
Your AOR?

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
More than 4 months since AOR and BG in Progress on tracker since April 19. Security NOT Started (as per GCMS notes). Rest is complete on tracker. Wondering when Background Verification will complete and Portal email issued.

Last edited:

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
More than 4 months and BG in Progress on tracker since April 19. Security NOT Started (as per GCMS notes). Rest is complete on tracker. Wondering when Background Verification will complete and Portal email issued.
I understand that you are concerned about the status of your background verification and portal email. I can't say for sure when these processes will be completed, but I can provide you with some information that may help.

The background verification process is conducted by the IRCC to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements.

The IRCC is currently experiencing delays in processing citizenship applications. This is due to a number of factors, including the COVID-19 pandemic and the high volume of applications.

If you are concerned about the status of your application, you can contact the IRCC for more information. You can also request your GCMS notes, which will provide you with more details about the status of your application.

Here are some additional tips for speeding up the processing of your Canadian citizenship application:
  • Make sure that your application is complete and accurate.
  • Provide all of the required documentation.
  • Be honest and upfront with the IRCC.
  • Respond promptly to any requests for information.
  • Be patient. The IRCC is processing applications as quickly as possible.

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
I understand that you are concerned about the status of your background verification and portal email. I can't say for sure when these processes will be completed, but I can provide you with some information that may help.

The background verification process is conducted by the IRCC to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements.

The IRCC is currently experiencing delays in processing citizenship applications. This is due to a number of factors, including the COVID-19 pandemic and the high volume of applications.

If you are concerned about the status of your application, you can contact the IRCC for more information. You can also request your GCMS notes, which will provide you with more details about the status of your application.

Here are some additional tips for speeding up the processing of your Canadian citizenship application:
  • Make sure that your application is complete and accurate.
  • Provide all of the required documentation.
  • Be honest and upfront with the IRCC.
  • Respond promptly to any requests for information.
  • Be patient. The IRCC is processing applications as quickly as possible.
Thanks for offering help Raptor. Just to make myself clear, everything is completed in tracker except Background Verification. The GCMS notes I have received so far show Security not started and the new ones I ordered recently will take time so I guess the only thing we can do is wait........

p.s. - Since I am still in the PR processing queue , Citizenship application delays are not applicable to me.

Last edited: