+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cec express entry and job offer

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
hi,

I have a simple question, please don't answer based on assumptions I need some logical backing to this question as I have done some research on forum and CIC immigration manual webpage.

1) If I apply under CEC Express Entry stream within Canada and if I lose my job offer after few weeks of applying .Will I still get my PR or Not.

Thing is if one claim 50 points for job offer, they will revaluate the points if the job is lost after application and then if the points are less than the threshold they will reject the application.

how do i know this ??

Thanks

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
hi,

I have a simple question, please don't answer based on assumptions I need some logical backing to this question as I have done some research on forum and CIC immigration manual webpage.

1) If I apply under CEC Express Entry stream within Canada and if I lose my job offer after few weeks of applying .Will I still get my PR or Not.

Thing is if one claim 50 points for job offer, they will revaluate the points if the job is lost after application and then if the points are less than the threshold they will reject the application.

how do i know this ??

Thanks
Hi @Usmz,

Good to hear that, you are doing some research before posting a query.
Please read the CIC article - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Quoting the details from the above link (referring to listed point 2) -
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if
  • the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations
So if an applicant looses his job (meaning job offer from the employer), he would no longer be eligible for the job offer criteria and the additional 50 points claimed in the EE profile, for which an ITA would be issued by CIC. Hope this info clarifies your query!!
Leave a reply if you require any more info.

Bobqqqq

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
21-07-2018
Hi can you please share what was your next step and status of the application?