+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC | Express Entry - Adding Spouse after TRV Refused

samm153

Jun 2, 2021
Hello Experts,
I have applied under Express Entry CEC stream and I already received PR confirmation portal email but I did not confirm my permanent residency as I am getting married soon and want to add spouse in my existing application.
My fiancé had recently applied for TRV(Tourist Visa) but it was refused and refusal was on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I invited her and also provided invitation letter when filing her application. I want to know

1. What is the success rate of my application approval if I add her considering the fact that her tourist visa was rejected once.
2. How can I justify her refusal?

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
You can add her under the existing application only after your marriage as you would need to provide the marriage certificate.

samm153

Jun 2, 2021
You can add her under the existing application only after your marriage as you would need to provide the marriage certificate.
@Prabh9257 Thanks for the information. I am aware of that but my question was something else. Her TRV was rejected, what are the chances of PR approval and how can I justify the refusal in LOE

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
@Prabh9257 Thanks for the information. I am aware of that but my question was something else. Her TRV was rejected, what are the chances of PR approval and how can I justify the refusal in LOE
After your marriage the approval chances are quite strong. In the TRV she did by had any strong ties with Her home country as it is quite obvious that the officer thinks that since you are in Canada she wont leave Canada as you would be there. You should not have applied for a TRV if you were planning to add her in the PR application. You can simply try to explain your situation in the LOE that you were not sure about the wedding date because of which you did apply for a TRV. This might slow down your PR application but if everything is OK than there won’t be an issue