+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC eligibility when working a few days from abroad

maralejo

Dec 14, 2015
Hello

May I apply under CEC (Canadian Experience Class) if I have worked for 52 weeks but I have taken a a trip abroad and worked a few days remotely (software developer job), I am wondering if CIC won't like that I stayed out of the country for some days, although that should not affect the pay stubs.

I am asking because I am using a working holiday to gain the experience (1 year max)

Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Re: CEC eligibility with less than 1 year but enough hours of work

maralejo said:
Hello

May I apply under CEC (Canadian Experience Class) if I have worked for example 11 months for 37 hours a week, that’s even more than the 1560hrs they mention on the cic webpage to determine the eligibility. However they mentioned it must be at least 12 months, so its a bit confusing.

I am asking because I am using a working holiday visa (maximum 1 year) and its expiring before completing the 12 months of work.

what is more important months or hours?

Thanks.
You must meet BOTH requirements.

maralejo

Dec 14, 2015
sorry, I found a similar question was already posted already, so I changed the post to another question I have.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How many days is a few days?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
maralejo said:
Hello

May I apply under CEC (Canadian Experience Class) if I have worked for 52 weeks but I have taken a a trip abroad and worked a few days remotely (software developer job), I am wondering if CIC won't like that I stayed out of the country for some days, although that should not affect the pay stubs.

I am asking because I am using a working holiday to gain the experience (1 year max)

Thanks.
As long as it is declared in your reference letter (meaning there is no mention) and you have been paid for those days you should be fine.
CIC will not put their magnification glasses on each day you have been working or not, as long as you have worked 30 hours a week for 12 months within the last three years. You are good to go.

Best of luck,

maralejo

Dec 14, 2015
thats good to know, i will keep that in mind since I am planning a trip this December.

Another quick question, I plan to go flag pole at Rainbow Bridge (Niagara) one day before I start working, if for some reason that won't sum up to 52 full weeks (which I believe it does) and I fall short for 1 day, do you think that may be a problem?

I am sorry if I am being thorough but i don't want to give CIC any reason to deny an eventual PR.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
maralejo said:
thats good to know, i will keep that in mind since I am planning a trip this December.

Another quick question, I plan to go flag pole at Rainbow Bridge (Niagara) one day before I start working, if for some reason that won't sum up to 52 full weeks (which I believe it does) and I fall short for 1 day, do you think that may be a problem?

I am sorry if I am being thorough but i don't want to give CIC any reason to deny an eventual PR.
Couple of days short is no problem, as long as it makes sense to the officer. Under some circumstances the applicant can not full fill 365 days, sometimes they run out of permit couple of days prior to a full year work, unintentionally, so there is always a fair buffer involved for the officer to consider.

Also when you do your flag pole (it's literally the last step of your PR process) it means you have been found eligble for the application, again meaning that your days have been counted and there is no problem. The officer is not going to question your eligibility at the border, rather they will ask some security questions to double check your identity and they will eventually land you.

Best of luck,