macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to everybody

The next June i will have one year of skilled work experience in Canada, the same year i have in Canada.

What i understand is, i need to have a year to have the possibility to apply, no matter how much time i had in Canada, the must it is that experience must be in the 3 years before the application.

But somebody told to me i need to have 3 years living in Canada at least to apply.

I am wrong? or this person it is wrong?

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
To be eligible to apply for PR under CEC, you must have worked for at least one year of work experience (full time or part time) in a skilled occupation under NOC 0, A or B. You must apply within 3 years of gaining this required experience. Please check this website for more information on CEC -http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Also bear in mind that Canadian immigration system is changing to Express Entry system in January 2015. How this is going to affect CEC, we do not know and hence we will have to wait until December 2014 or January 2015 to learn more about it.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hope1957 said:
To be eligible to apply for PR under CEC, you must have worked for at least one year of work experience (full time or part time) in a skilled occupation under NOC 0, A or B. You must apply within 3 years of gaining this required experience. Please check this website for more information on CEC -http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Also bear in mind that Canadian immigration system is changing to Express Entry system in January 2015. How this is going to affect CEC, we do not know and hence we will have to wait until December 2014 or January 2015 to learn more about it.
Second that. Wait until January 2015 and see how the new immigration system will affect the Canadian Experience Class.

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok i just don't get the last part, why i should wait to january? Why i should not try in june before they change the CEC?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
macast said:
Ok i just don't get the last part, why i should wait to january? Why i should not try in june before they change the CEC?
Sorry, seems like I read your post wrong, thought you were talking about June 2015.
You don't have to be living in Canada for three years to become eligible. All you need is 12 months of full-time
skilled experience in Canada ( and therefore live in Canada for at least one year ) and you're good to go!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
shivamk said:
I've to fill around same time. Is it possible cap would be filled by that time already?
The cap is going to be reset on May 1st, it's unlikely that it is going to be maxed out in June already.

r0cker

Apr 26, 2014
hi, I have WH right now which will expiry at the end of august. Because it is open work permit I didn't have job when I came. It took me 1 month to find it. That means I will have only 11 months of full-time job experience at the end of august. 12 months of living, but I guess that doesn't count.
Do you know how can I get that extra month ? What are my options ? Thanks a lot !

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
r0cker said:
hi, I have WH right now which will expiry at the end of august. Because it is open work permit I didn't have job when I came. It took me 1 month to find it. That means I will have only 11 months of full-time job experience at the end of august. 12 months of living, but I guess that doesn't count.
Do you know how can I get that extra month ? What are my options ? Thanks a lot !
You will need to get another work permit to cover the extra month, either with another working holiday permit or LMO work permit or something else.

Good luck!