CEC eAPR & BOWP submission checklist

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am expecting ITA with 469 points under CEC soon. As such, hoping to apply for PR and BOWP in quick succession so thought I should get all my documents in order (scanned and ready to upload) the minute I receive the ITA.

CEC application documents:
1)Forms:
IMM0008 ( main form and schedule 8 ) ->completed
IMM5669-> completed, I have added my personal history and address history on a separate pdf that I will attach since the number of rows on the form were not sufficient
2) Proof of Studies: Degree and transcripts scanned in two separate pdfs (let me know if I need to consolidate these into one)
3) Proof of Work Experience: 3 pdfs for 3 employers with employment letters, T4s, NOAs & pay stubs attached.
4) Medical Exam confirmation: Scanned confirmation from clinic with UMI number and barcode on right corner for CIC to identify
5) Front page scan of passport with all relevant biographical data
6) I don't need police check since I have been in Canada since age of 18.
7) For CELPIP score, do I need to scan anything or will I just need to enter the registration number like in my EE profile??
8 ) Also for photo, do I need to scan it or send it physically to CIC? I am unsure about this, any help is appreciated.
9) Proof of Funds: I don't think I need this as a CEC applicant but I got it ready anyway to avoid delays.

BOWP app:
1)IMM5556E- Document checklist complete
2) IMM5710E- Completed and validated
3) Current PGWP also scanned
4) AOR- hope to get that soon after submission of eAPR above.

Please let me know if there is anything important that I may be missing that will prevent me from submitting the day after ITA arrives.

Appreciate your help on this.

Cheers,
nasknihal

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nasknihal said:
Hi everyone,

I am expecting ITA with 469 points under CEC soon. As such, hoping to apply for PR and BOWP in quick succession so thought I should get all my documents in order (scanned and ready to upload) the minute I receive the ITA.

1)Forms:
IMM5669-> completed, I have added my personal history and address history on a separate pdf that I will attach since the number of rows on the form were not sufficient
2) Proof of Studies: Degree and transcripts scanned in two separate pdfs (let me know if I need to consolidate these into one)
I consolidated my 'Certificates and ECA's into one'
3) Proof of Work Experience: 3 pdfs for 3 employers with employment letters, T4s, NOAs & pay stubs attached.
4) Medical Exam confirmation: Scanned confirmation from clinic with UMI number and barcode on right corner for CIC to identify
I don't think this is necessary but I scanned the bio metrics page of my passport as well as all the 'Visa stamped' pages
7) For CELPIP score, do I need to scan anything or will I just need to enter the registration number like in my EE profile??
8 ) Also for photo, do I need to scan it or send it physically to CIC? I am unsure about this, any help is appreciated.
9) Proof of Funds: I don't think I need this as a CEC applicant but I got it ready anyway to avoid delays.

BOWP app:
Note this should be included in the 'Letter of Explanation' section
5. My checklist also asked for a copy of my 'Medicals', 'Passport' and a 'photograph'

Please let me know if there is anything important that I may be missing that will prevent me from submitting the day after ITA arrives.

Cheers,
nasknihal

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
nasknihal said:
Hi everyone,

1)Forms:

You won't need these, because once you received ITA there will be online forms to fill in this information. But it is good that you have already sorrted this out, you can simply copy the information from pdfs and paste to in the online forms.

You will need to merge all the educational documents in pdf, because there will be just one place to upload the pdf for educational documents. Also, if you have an ECA of a foreign degree, make sure that goes in this pdf.

Good.

Good.

Good. If you have any visa stamps, I would say scan those as well. It's always good to be safe than sorry. :)

Scan the score card and upload it in "Additional Information" section when you receive ITA.

Scan and upload. There will an option to upload a photo.

Good.

BOWP app:

Cheers,
nasknihal

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys, I got my degree/transcripts in one pdf, got the photo scanned & CELPIP official score report scanned too, now waiting with bated breath for that ever elusive ITA on Wednesday (hopefully) :)

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
nasknihal said:
Thanks guys, I got my degree/transcripts in one pdf, got the photo scanned & CELPIP official score report scanned too, now waiting with bated breath for that ever elusive ITA on Wednesday (hopefully) :)
Lol sure hope it comes, it will be a good 4/20 ;)

lili2307338

Mar 12, 2016
Hello, sir. Do you need to mail the physical PCC documents to CIC? Shouldn't you just upload it in the EE system?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
can some one please tell me the process of getting medicals done? i thought that one couldn't get upfront medical done ? is it mandatory to send in with application or can we do it when cic asks for it later on?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maria_786 said:
can some one please tell me the process of getting medicals done? i thought that one couldn't get upfront medical done ? is it mandatory to send in with application or can we do it when cic asks for it later on?
You can get your medicals prior to receiving an ITA, however at the time you submit the documents after receiving an ITA, your medicals must be valid for 6 months or longer.

Here is the website to find a doctor of your choice:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
my CRS is 465 waiting for ITA.. jus 2 months left for Open Work permit to expire (june 10th).. i dont know what to do next? apply for visitor visa or bowp without ITa??

any suggestion??

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @varinder1717, I think you can only apply for a 'Visitor Visa'. It is one of the conditions of applying for BOWP that you have a PR application in Progress. In your case until you get an ITA and file a PR application you cannot do this. Hence I would apply for a 'Visitor Visa'.

Happy to be told I'm wrong but here is my justification:

BOWP eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check
; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

Website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Can you please help me with the visitor visa process? is it easy to get visa from inside canada.. i heard they dont usually give one as the VO think we will stay in canada..
do you know if there is any proof of funds to be shown? if so then how much?
Plz help

JoacRy said:
Hi @varinder1717, I think you can only apply for a 'Visitor Visa'. It is one of the conditions of applying for BOWP that you have a PR application in Progress. In your case until you get an ITA and file a PR application you cannot do this. Hence I would apply for a 'Visitor Visa'.

Happy to be told I'm wrong but here is my justification:

BOWP eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check
; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

Website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varinder1717 said:
Can you please help me with the visitor visa process? is it easy to get visa from inside canada.. i heard they dont usually give one as the VO think we will stay in canada..
do you know if there is any proof of funds to be shown? if so then how much?
Plz help
I have never applied for one myself so I don't know the process but here's a link to applying for a 'Visitor Visa':

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

I sincerely hope that even though you apply for this you get an ITA and can then file a BOWP. Good luck :)