+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC: Does the immigration (CIC) visit the workplace I work in?

TimaTi

Oct 22, 2011
Hi,

I heard from some people that immigration (CIC) visits and checks the workplace of the person who is about to apply for the Permanent Residency. I talked with the CIC agent and he told me that this is not the case. Does anyone know if CIC visits the workplaces?

I finish my 1 year work experience in January 2012 and was planning to travel home (for 2 months) after applying for PR. If I'm not going to be in Canada how will CIC visit my workplace without me being at work? Or will they just contact my boss? And can I travel home or should I be staying the whole time in Canada until the process is over?

Also, the driving school company I work in is not big at all. There are only 3 people working including me, but I do the duties of the manager (level B). Does it matter if the company is big or small? Or are the duties that I perform all that matters?

Thank you guys! :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TimaTi said:
Hi,

I heard from some people that immigration (CIC) visits and checks the workplace of the person who is about to apply for the Permanent Residency. I talked with the CIC agent and he told me that this is not the case. Does anyone know if CIC visits the workplaces?

I finish my 1 year work experience in January 2012 and was planning to travel home (for 2 months) after applying for PR. If I'm not going to be in Canada how will CIC visit my workplace without me being at work? Or will they just contact my boss? And can I travel home or should I be staying the whole time in Canada until the process is over?

Also, the driving school company I work in is not big at all. There are only 3 people working including me, but I do the duties of the manager (level B). Does it matter if the company is big or small? Or are the duties that I perform all that matters?

Thank you guys! :)
At some overseas offices the Anti Fraud unit visits workplaces to confirm skilled work claims. CIC may question why a 3 person office requires a manager.

TEACUP

Oct 26, 2011
Manager is level 0 not level B.

CIC will assign CBSA to check your workplace if they think there is a need. But this will be after you receive the file number. They would usually call your boss first and see if your claim of your work experience is true.

Manager for suppervising two people would be a big concern for CIC. I recommend you change your job title.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
TimaTi said:
To answer your other questions - if they do any checking, they will contact your boss. You do not need to be there, you may travel home, you do not have to remain in Canada.