+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC-DOCUMENT CHECKLIST

spring001

Aug 8, 2011
Hi all!

I just want to be shure about forms and documents I should submit in my application

This is my case:
I am single with no kids. I have never been married. I have more than 24 months of full-time Canadian skilled work experience at NOC Skill Level B within the 36 months and my current country of residence is my country of citizenship.

Are these documents I should submit:

-Birth Certificate (photocopy and certified translation whic is notarized)
-Passport (photocopy)
-University diploma (photocopy and certified translation whic is notarized). I don't need to submit original transcript of all courses taken and submitted in university sealed envelops because I am qualified as temporary foreign worker.
-all T4's NOA's, ROA and work permit (photocopy)
-Letter of Reference (original and up-to-date)
-IELTS Score Card (original)
-Police Clearance Certificate (original and certified translation whic is notarized)
-fee payment (original)
- four photos (original)

Thanks

spring001

Aug 8, 2011
Hi all

I don't need to submit original transcript of all courses taken and submitted in university sealed envelops because I am qualified as temporary foreign worker.All I need to submit is University diploma (photocopy and certified translation whic is notarized).

Please help me confirm if this is OK.
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
spring001 said:
Hi all

I don't need to submit original transcript of all courses taken and submitted in university sealed envelops because I am qualified as temporary foreign worker.All I need to submit is University diploma (photocopy and certified translation whic is notarized).
It is true that you do not need to submit original transcripts in a sealed envelope, but you DO need to submit photocopies of all post-secondary transcripts. Read the checklist again.

The other thing that is not on your list - since you no longer work for your Canadian employer, you should get your Record of Employment and submit that as well.

If your employer submitted the ROE electronically, you can get it here:
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/employers/view_roe.shtml

If they submitted it on paper, your employer should have already given you a copy.

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
jes_ON said:
It is true that you do not need to submit original transcripts in a sealed envelope, but you DO need to submit photocopies of all post-secondary transcripts. Read the checklist again.

The other thing that is not on your list - since you no longer work for your Canadian employer, you should get your Record of Employment and submit that as well.

If your employer submitted the ROE electronically, you can get it here:
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/employers/view_roe.shtml

If they submitted it on paper, your employer should have already given you a copy.
It won't hurt to submit RoE, but if there was only one former Canadian employer, CIC may not ask for it. I've seen conflicting claims about this, but the most common one seems to be that CIC will want RoE if you have had more than one Canadian employer.

In my case, I had one former Canadian employer (I applied CEC after leaving Canada) and they never asked for RoE.