+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - December 2022 AOR ******

Athira1812

Sep 12, 2023
CEC Inland(With Outland Dependent)
ITA: 12th Oct 2022
AOR: 04th Dec 2022
Everything completed on tracker since 19th July 2023
Received Information letter on GC key on 20th July 2023 asking to declare that I am in Canada to start my virtual landing procedure and for my dependent to submit his Passport
Dependent received stamped passport & COPR Copies on 4th August 2023, I am yet to get my portal emails.
Contacted IRCC multiple times, they asks me to be patient, emailed a lot of people, raised webforms still no response.
PVO was Etobicoke, later changed to Edmonton

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
CEC Inland(With Outland Dependent)
ITA: 12th Oct 2022
AOR: 04th Dec 2022
Everything completed on tracker since 19th July 2023
Received Information letter on GC key on 20th July 2023 asking to declare that I am in Canada to start my virtual landing procedure and for my dependent to submit his Passport
Dependent received stamped passport & COPR Copies on 4th August 2023, I am yet to get my portal emails.
Contacted IRCC multiple times, they asks me to be patient, emailed a lot of people, raised webforms still no response.
PVO was Etobicoke, later changed to Edmonton
did you try emailing those Virtual Landing email IDs https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/regarding-copr-portal-timeline.748011/post-9873627

nupsa

Jun 17, 2019
Hi all,

I got my ITA in December and sent my application in the first week of January. I am inland CEC. Now all the processes have been completed. But my file has been stuck on background check since April 26 2023. I am really perplexed and am not sure what to do. I applied with an agent and even he's not sure what might be taking so long for my file. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice would be highly appreciated

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony

rose90

Jun 30, 2023
Hi,
You are not alone. CEC inland AOR December 9 and still waiting too. Background check started since April 19. I have called them 3 times, requested GMC notes twice, contacted MP once, sent webform. Nothing seems to work. Every time I just get a generic response " processing time is about 5 months you just need to wait". Then I said it has been 10 months to me and they just answer you just need to wait.
Hi all,

I got my ITA in December and sent my application in the first week of January. I am inland CEC. Now all the processes have been completed. But my file has been stuck on background check since April 26 2023. I am really perplexed and am not sure what to do. I applied with an agent and even he's not sure what might be taking so long for my file. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice would be highly appreciated

• Sad

MRaouf

Mar 23, 2023
Hi,
You are not alone. CEC inland AOR December 9 and still waiting too. Background check started since April 19. I have called them 3 times, requested GMC notes twice, contacted MP once, sent webform. Nothing seems to work. Every time I just get a generic response " processing time is about 5 months you just need to wait". Then I said it has been 10 months to me and they just answer you just need to wait.
Hi

same situation for me with AOR December 26!

• Sad

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Folks are the 3 of you in enhanced Security or comprehensive screening, did you order GCMS notes from CBSA or CSIS and check the reasons for the delays?

checkmate23

Apr 23, 2023
Hi all,

I was in the same situation. AOR dec 01, my application was stuck at background for a long time. I sent an email to the visa office, stated references from gmcs notes and copied the immigration minister (sean fraser at the time) the next day the background changed to completed. People did the same and their application was completed too. I find that sometimes its completed but its just stuck and ircc doesn't process. So you might wanna send those emails as well, to your processing office (mine was Etobicoke according to gcms notes) and copy the immigration minister. Ask why some steps have been completed, its way over processing time and its seems to be stuck in background check.

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
My AOR is Nov 10, my eligibility has been stuck in Review Required since March 2023 because the case analyst thinks work experience gained in Quebec does not count as Canadian work experience for CRS points, approaching 1 year of processing limbo now. I submitted my response through webform; I will email the MP of my area tomorrow to request a follow-up with IRCC; I also called IRCC call center and asked them to add a note to my file mentioning that processing time has far exceeded service standards.

It's frustrating waiting a year for PR, especially when those who submitted their application in the past few months are seeing their applications approved in 3-4 months. We really can't do anything but wait.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
My AOR is Nov 10, my eligibility has been stuck in Review Required since March 2023 because the case analyst thinks work experience gained in Quebec does not count as Canadian work experience for CRS points, approaching 1 year of processing limbo now. I submitted my response through webform; I will email the MP of my area tomorrow to request a follow-up with IRCC; I also called IRCC call center and asked them to add a note to my file mentioning that processing time has far exceeded service standards.

It's frustrating waiting a year for PR, especially when those who submitted their application in the past few months are seeing their applications approved in 3-4 months. We really can't do anything but wait.
The past experience is Quebec I get it, but do you still live and work in Quebec after AOR also?

catbro

Star Member
Aug 17, 2023
my eligibility completed and after that got medical request and it passed , background is in progress.

what does mean eligibility complete ?

i applied for study permit

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
my eligibility completed and after that got medical request and it passed , background is in progress.

what does mean eligibility complete ?

i applied for study permit
This thread is for PR

Post in International Students
You have to pass eligibility to get approved

Wait for final decision

Reactions: novemberrain

rose90

Jun 30, 2023
Hi @Lord_Tony what is the clue in the GCMS that indicate if you are in enhanced security screening? I have order twice but I can't find anything regarding that information. Also the are a lot of empty notes in my notes. They are not giving me a lot of information. :(
Folks are the 3 of you in enhanced Security or comprehensive screening, did you order GCMS notes from CBSA or CSIS and check the reasons for the delays?

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
Hi @Lord_Tony what is the clue in the GCMS that indicate if you are in enhanced security screening? I have order twice but I can't find anything regarding that information. Also the are a lot of empty notes in my notes. They are not giving me a lot of information. :(
Based on information I saw from other applications, First indication is if the security page I think 5/6 th on ircc one and 4/5 on cbsa notes show security is in progress with CBSA and status updated date is few months back. On Cbsa notes you would also see a line saying C-Check submitted for PA/DEP.