App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Yes as @brb2288 says the security will be in progress typically more than 3 months for those in the enhanced screening or will have the Comprehensive or C-Check mentioned, try ordering the CSIS notes also it will give a better view as well.

wafflelino

Oct 9, 2023
Hi, just checking if anyone from CEC with AOR December 2022 got any updates recently? I reached out to my MP twice - all checks passed, there's no enhanced screening going on, but I don't get P1 email. Is anyone still in the same boat?

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hi, just checking if anyone from CEC with AOR December 2022 got any updates recently? I reached out to my MP twice - all checks passed, there's no enhanced screening going on, but I don't get P1 email. Is anyone still in the same boat?
Same boat, my AOR is Nov 2022

Chefskiss

Star Member
Sep 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-08-2022
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
Med's Done....
14-09-2022
Yes as @brb2288 says the security will be in progress typically more than 3 months for those in the enhanced screening or will have the Comprehensive or C-Check mentioned, try ordering the CSIS notes also it will give a better view as well.
my cbsa notes from July mentions under security "Previous review validity has expired. New C-check in progress". I take it I’m under comprehensive check? Also, any idea the average duration of a c-check? Thanks

Jehadkh

Apr 9, 2022
I was in the same situation. AOR dec 01, my application was stuck at background for a long time. I sent an email to the visa office, stated references from gmcs notes and copied the immigration minister (sean fraser at the time) the next day the background changed to completed. People did the same and their application was completed too. I find that sometimes its completed but its just stuck and ircc doesn't process. So you might wanna send those emails as well, to your processing office (mine was Etobicoke according to gcms notes) and copy the immigration minister. Ask why some steps have been completed, its way over processing time and its seems to be stuck in background check.
Can you please tell us where can we get the minister and visa office email?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
my cbsa notes from July mentions under security "Previous review validity has expired. New C-check in progress". I take it I’m under comprehensive check? Also, any idea the average duration of a c-check? Thanks
Enhanced security takes minimum 3 months, often 6 months and sometimes as much as 2 years.

Reactions: Chefskiss

rose90

Jun 30, 2023
Hi if there is still December AORs in this tread waiting for PR please help! my medicals expired 10 days ago. The tracker shows and update 4 days after the expiration date of the medicals. However this update was to correct a mistake in my address. My application is from December 9th 2022 so I am very close to hit 1 year of processing time. Can someone share their experience in expired medicals? Also why would they update the application and not ask me for remedicals. Or extend the validity of the medicals if they were already expired by 4 days ? Thank you

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Hi if there is still December AORs in this tread waiting for PR please help! my medicals expired 10 days ago. The tracker shows and update 4 days after the expiration date of the medicals. However this update was to correct a mistake in my address. My application is from December 9th 2022 so I am very close to hit 1 year of processing time. Can someone share their experience in expired medicals? Also why would they update the application and not ask me for remedicals. Or extend the validity of the medicals if they were already expired by 4 days ? Thank you
They sometimes extend it without asking you to do IME again, it depends on the VO. IRCC has no standard process.

rose90

Jun 30, 2023
@Lord_Tony My PVO is ottawa and SVO Sydney, do you have any information on the behavior of these VOs? I feel that my application was assigned to an inactive officer or something.... cero movement even this close to 1 year processing time.

They sometimes extend it without asking you to do IME again, it depends on the VO. IRCC has no standard process.

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
My medical expired on Nov 29, I got a ghost update on the CIC dashboard on the same day whereby the medical field is now showing blank.

My AOR was Nov 10, 2022. My eligibility was in review for 1 whole year, only turning green on Nov 09 2023 at the exact 1 year mark. My tracker is all green now, but no Final Decision update on the CIC dashboard, no COPR number on the tracker, no portal emails either.

rose90

Jun 30, 2023
Well on the bright side everything is green for you which means that you are going to get the PR sooner or later. I hope you get the golden email very soon.

My background check is in progress for more than 6 months now :(
My medical expired on Nov 29, I got a ghost update on the CIC dashboard on the same day whereby the medical field is now showing blank.

My AOR was Nov 10, 2022. My eligibility was in review for 1 whole year, only turning green on Nov 09 2023 at the exact 1 year mark. My tracker is all green now, but no Final Decision update on the CIC dashboard, no COPR number on the tracker, no portal emails either.(

wafflelino

Oct 9, 2023
My medicals would expire in October, they did extend its validity for one more year, but I'm still waiting anyway, all checks passed

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
@Lord_Tony My PVO is ottawa and SVO Sydney, do you have any information on the behavior of these VOs? I feel that my application was assigned to an inactive officer or something.... cero movement even this close to 1 year processing time.
sorry I don't know for sure.

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
Recieved portal 1 today within 2 hr of raising a webform request(not sure if that triggered them to look into application). Everything was completed on tracker since Sep 28.Final decision Oct 2.

Last edited: