+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - December 2022 AOR ******

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Btw they issued me a BOWP 20 days ago (I applied for it along with my PR application). That took 145 days and it is valid for 2 years. I don't know if it will cease if my PR application gets refused (I did some research and found the answer in both ways, including a posted formal response by a law firm saying it will be valid until its expiration regardless of the outcome of the PR application).
Well, you are smarter than me, I applied for BOWP on April 14 when I realized that my PR application is taking too long, and will only get it in August according to your timeline. And yes, if the PR application is rejected, BOWP is cancelled too. So let's hope it's not gonna happen. I honestly don't think it happens too often when everything is completed, and the application is stuck at the security check, unless you know the reason why you might be inadmissible.

thevibefeeder

Jul 6, 2022
Hi Guys,
ITA: Oct 12th, 2022
AOR: Dec 2nd, 2022
Passed Medical: Jan 3rd, 2023
Biometric: Linked to GC

I’m yet to receive any communication for BG and Eligibility. Tracker says BG and Eligibility is yet to start. So, I had called IRCC on Apr 6th. They told me application has been transferred to Etobicoke from Ottawa and that “level 1” BG is complete. After that I see one more entry in the tracker for Apr 6th. But there’s no progress on BG and eligibility.

Does anybody know the timelines for Etobicoke SVO? And is it a good submit GCMS to check what’s happening?
Hi Guys, It’s been more than 6 months since AOR and I’m yet to hear back anything. I had called IRCC customer support on Apr 6th and then there was a ghost update that BG check is in progress (has been in progress for more than a month now), however, eligibility check is still “not started”. Officer told me case has been transferred to Etobicoke office and that it’s in process. People in my own circle with similar profile and cutoffs have already got their PR card within 3-4 months. And here I am, still waiting for COPR. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

mr_maverik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
PVO - OSC - Ottawa, SVO - CIS - Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23-Dec-2022
Hi All. Anybody aware of timeline from PR portal declaration submission to eCopr? I submitted the declaration and uploaded address/photos on 11th May and I am still waiting for eCopr. Couldn't find any processing time info online for eCopr.

Last edited:

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
Well, you are smarter than me, I applied for BOWP on April 14 when I realized that my PR application is taking too long, and will only get it in August according to your timeline. And yes, if the PR application is rejected, BOWP is cancelled too. So let's hope it's not gonna happen. I honestly don't think it happens too often when everything is completed, and the application is stuck at the security check, unless you know the reason why you might be inadmissible.
Hahaha, I love your last sentence, so humorous. But yeah, I do know, I'm from one of the hostile/rival countries and have traveled internationally hundreds of times.

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
Hi Guys, It’s been more than 6 months since AOR and I’m yet to hear back anything. I had called IRCC customer support on Apr 6th and then there was a ghost update that BG check is in progress (has been in progress for more than a month now), however, eligibility check is still “not started”. Officer told me case has been transferred to Etobicoke office and that it’s in process. People in my own circle with similar profile and cutoffs have already got their PR card within 3-4 months. And here I am, still waiting for COPR. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?
Maybe contact your local MP to see if they can help. I think they may be able to help with eligibility (according to the Nov thread) but not security (according to @ktakhan ).

rajvs96

Mar 23, 2023
Eligibility changed to in progress today, BG - In Progress . RPRF Request Received - Paid
For Dependents eligibility still is not started
We are in same boat buddy. PVO Kitchener SVO Edmonton

AOR: 13 Dec 2022
Med and biometric passed: 19 Jan 2023
Background: In progress (19 April 2023)
Eligibility: in progress (12 May 2023)

ProfMovingToCanada

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
AOR december 27, BG in progress since April 19 (only security left, criminality is passed), medical passed, biometrics passed, eligibility shows in progress since today but agent told me it is recommended pass. Received ADR yesterday. Sent LOE and any supporting docs I could provide. Will update on how all goes, but seems the file is moving forward. VO Edmonton.

Last edited:

vinaymyakala

May 19, 2023
AOR : Dec 19th 2022.
I am seeing eligibility and background in progress since February, yet I don’t see any kind of updates till now. Does anyone has similar experience?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BA101

Jane_Daphne

Mar 22, 2023
AOR : Dec 19th 2022.
I am seeing eligibility and background in progress since February, yet I don’t see any kind of updates till now. Does anyone has similar experience?
similar. my eligibility is "review required", and it has been in progress since March.
did you call IRCC or order GCMS notes?

Abd17

May 9, 2023
similar. my eligibility is "review required", and it has been in progress since March.
Are documents reviewed in the eligibility section or its a part of background check?
How did you knew that your eligibility is under review required?

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
To be honest, I am prepared to wait till September. Based on my research, if security check takes more than 2 months, then it's probably gonna take at least 6 months. I do hope I am wrong:( I know I did all I could. My last hope was to see at least what they are looking at security-wise in CBSA notes and go to lawyers with that info, but if you are saying there is not much on security, then I don't know if it's worth hiring the lawyers. Please let me know if anything changes for you and good luck!
Gcms notes will indicate wether there is a comprehensive check started for security, all other security information will be redacted so I would recommend ordering those.If comprehensive checks are done than it could take few months.

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
Notes are not helpful at all if security is the only thing left. I'm not going to order any more from CBSA or IRCC. The security section is redacted anyway. (Even non-security information related to my spouse is redacted)
you need to submit consent form signed by spouse with gcms request for release of information then only information will be kept else it will be redacted every time.

Aveio_CEC

May 23, 2023
AOR december 27, BG in progress since April 19 (only security left, criminality is passed), medical passed, biometrics passed, eligibility shows in progress since today but agent told me it is recommended pass. Received ADR yesterday. Sent LOE and any supporting docs I could provide. Will update on how all goes, but seems the file is moving forward. VO Edmonton.
@ProfMovingToCanada What was the ADR you received for my AOR is same day alongside same VO.