+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - December 2022 AOR ******

MRaouf

Mar 23, 2023
sometimes if they find discrepancy in your earlier info (like when you applied your temporary visa, family info was provided in IMM 5465) and current info (IMM 5406), they ask for this form again. OR maybe you missed some family info while filing PR application.
You are right, my family‘s address is changed. I don’t know while the BG is in progress from 19 April, does it mean they are in the beginning of the process or they have done anything but at least it shows someone is working on the file

Reactions: bond7890

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Anyone know what we can do other than patiently (or impatiently) wait?

AOR 12/1, almost 6 months now.
I have the exact same timeline and PVO is also Sydney, also in security check since Feb 28th, AOR Nov 25th. Last time I called IRCC they told me that my due date is end of September, and it's redundant to call until that date. Do you know if your file is with CBSA for security?

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
I have the exact same timeline and PVO is also Sydney, also in security check since Feb 28th, AOR Nov 25th. Last time I called IRCC they told me that my due date is end of September, and it's redundant to call until that date. Do you know if your file is with CBSA for security?
Thanks for your reply. I'm really not sure if my file is with CBSA.
I ordered my GCMS notes from IRCC for the first time on 2/24 and got the notes promptly on 3/24 (notes dated 3/15). Then I ordered another from CBSA on 3/24 and never heard back. Not sure what the holdup is with CBSA. Absolutely no movement for almost 3 months. And I never succeeded in calling IRCC.
I did frequently go across the border to the US in 2022 but never had any international trips in 2023. It'd be ridiculous if this were the sole reason for the delay.

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
And I just found in the Nov thread that somebody contacted his local MP's office for help. Maybe I'll do the same next month (maybe helpful?)

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Thanks for your reply. I'm really not sure if my file is with CBSA.
I ordered my GCMS notes from IRCC for the first time on 2/24 and got the notes promptly on 3/24 (notes dated 3/15). Then I ordered another from CBSA on 3/24 and never heard back. Not sure what the holdup is with CBSA. Absolutely no movement for almost 3 months. And I never succeeded in calling IRCC.
I did frequently go across the border to the US in 2022 but never had any international trips in 2023. It'd be ridiculous if this were the sole reason for the delay.
I applied for CBSA notes on April 26th, also haven't heard from them yet.

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
I did contact MP, they could not help with the security stage.
Yeah this coincides with my understanding. I don't think anyone could help with nor would anything be disclosed from the security stage.
Well, what to say... let's hope not to have to wait until September.

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
I applied for CBSA notes on April 26th, also haven't heard from them yet.
Notes are not helpful at all if security is the only thing left. I'm not going to order any more from CBSA or IRCC. The security section is redacted anyway. (Even non-security information related to my spouse is redacted)

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Yeah this coincides with my understanding. I don't think anyone could help with nor would anything be disclosed from the security stage.
Well, what to say... let's hope not to have to wait until September.
To be honest, I am prepared to wait till September. Based on my research, if security check takes more than 2 months, then it's probably gonna take at least 6 months. I do hope I am wrong:( I know I did all I could. My last hope was to see at least what they are looking at security-wise in CBSA notes and go to lawyers with that info, but if you are saying there is not much on security, then I don't know if it's worth hiring the lawyers. Please let me know if anything changes for you and good luck!

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Notes are not helpful at all if security is the only thing left. I'm not going to order any more from CBSA or IRCC. The security section is redacted anyway. (Even non-security information related to my spouse is redacted)
Also- If you do want to reach out to IRCC, use this shortcut - 18882422100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2,1,1,0
If you call before 10 AM, you should be connected after 2-3 attempts. Call back option is the best, they usually call back even faster than the waiting time on the line.

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
Also- If you do want to reach out to IRCC, use this shortcut - 18882422100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2,1,1,0
If you call before 10 AM, you should be connected after 2-3 attempts. Call back option is the best, they usually call back even faster than the waiting time on the line.
Thanks. I'll try again. I've been using ,,,,,2,1,2,0,,,,,,. I'm in Vancouver, so it's even more difficult for me. I tried calling at 8am PT but never managed to get in the queue (or be offered the option of a call-back).
I also used the webform to inquire about my case status, citing that the processing time is now 4 months while I'm in my 6th month. The response was very official and useless:
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

I'll post again when there's any update. Good luck and let's bear together!

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
To be honest, I am prepared to wait till September. Based on my research, if security check takes more than 2 months, then it's probably gonna take at least 6 months. I do hope I am wrong:( I know I did all I could. My last hope was to see at least what they are looking at security-wise in CBSA notes and go to lawyers with that info, but if you are saying there is not much on security, then I don't know if it's worth hiring the lawyers. Please let me know if anything changes for you and good luck!
Btw they issued me a BOWP 20 days ago (I applied for it along with my PR application). That took 145 days and it is valid for 2 years. I don't know if it will cease if my PR application gets refused (I did some research and found the answer in both ways, including a posted formal response by a law firm saying it will be valid until its expiration regardless of the outcome of the PR application).

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Thanks. I'll try again. I've been using ,,,,,2,1,2,0,,,,,,. I'm in Vancouver, so it's even more difficult for me. I tried calling at 8am PT but never managed to get in the queue (or be offered the option of a call-back).
I also used the webform to inquire about my case status, citing that the processing time is now 4 months while I'm in my 6th month. The response was very official and useless:
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

I'll post again when there's any update. Good luck and let's bear together!
Sorry, you are right, it should be 2,1,2,0
I copied from the wrong note :) I also submitted the webform and got the same response