App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Somebody please confirm this. I am also looking for the same.
in the CRA website
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/leaving-canada-emigrants.html.
it says "If you hold a TFSA when you leave Canada, you can keep it and continue to benefit from the exemption from Canadian tax on investment income and withdrawals. However, you cannot contribute to your TFSA while you are a non-resident of Canada, and your contribution room will not increase."
I guess the old TFSA with the 9 series will remain and the new TFSA with PR is different I suppose but it will interesting to know from someone who has gone through this

Sathiya143

Jan 26, 2023
Eligibility or Background which one will be checked first. For me, Eligibility is not started, background is in progress.
I called IRCC last week, and they said the first part of the background which is Info sharing is passed, but the second part of the background is not started.

My concern:
1. Eligibility or background which one do they process first
2. what is info sharing (part of the background)
3. what is the second part of the background.

Hopefully, these answers may reduce my anxiety. Thanks

Reactions: stickmanpj

Toni Nh

Feb 27, 2020
Hello,

For me, CEC inland with unaccompanied dependents:
5 Dec 22: AOR
6 Jan 23: MEP and Bio linked (with GU)

On tracker:
19 Apr 23: BG change to in progress

On IRCC account
25 Apr 23: Background: not applicable (it was "We are processing.."

Vo: Etobicoke/ Vancouver

Anyone is in the same boat?

Thanks

Last edited:

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
Eligibility or Background which one will be checked first. For me, Eligibility is not started, background is in progress.
I called IRCC last week, and they said the first part of the background which is Info sharing is passed, but the second part of the background is not started.

My concern:

Background has three parts Info Sharing , Criminality and Security. Normally first two are completed before eligibility and security after eligibility is done.Previouly they didnt indicated info sharing and criminality completion as part of background check on tracker so for most of the people eligibility completed first and background check remained not started till that time. Recently they changed it and because of info sharing and criminality completion now background check appears as in progress.

sgPR

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023

My concern:

My understanding only :
1. Eligibility or background which one do they process first ‐ Background has 3 parts(infosharing, criminality and security). Infosharing and Criminality can be done before eligibility. Security is after Eligibility.
2. what is info sharing (part of the background) - sharing information with 5 countries(USA, UK , Australia and few others i dont remember) can be about visa refusals etc..
3. what is the second part of the background. Security, mostly done after eligibility (no one knows what they actually check it is very confidential ;)

Hope this helps..this is what I have understood

Sathiya143

Jan 26, 2023
Background has three parts Info Sharing , Criminality and Security. Normally first two are completed before eligibility and security after eligibility is done.Previouly they didnt indicated info sharing and criminality completion as part of background check on tracker so for most of the people eligibility completed first and background check remained not started till that time. Recently they changed it and because of info sharing and criminality completion now background check appears as in progress.
Thanks you

Sathiya143

Jan 26, 2023
My understanding only :
1. Eligibility or background which one do they process first ‐ Background has 3 parts(infosharing, criminality and security). Infosharing and Criminality can be done before eligibility. Security is after Eligibility.
2. what is info sharing (part of the background) - sharing information with 5 countries(USA, UK , Australia and few others i dont remember) can be about visa refusals etc..
3. what is the second part of the background. Security, mostly done after eligibility (no one knows what they actually check it is very confidential ;)

Hope this helps..this is what I have understood
Thank you so much for the detailed descriptions

Reactions: sgPR