+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - December 2022 AOR ******

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Hello, can anyone guide me?
I was a retail shift leader and I worked there since I was a student, but retail doesn't have a fixed schedule. When I was a student, I worked 20 hours according to the law, but I worked 40 hours between semesters and summer, and 30 hours after graduation. My employment letter which I want to submit for CEC mentions that I work there approximately 30 hours a week. Now, considering that the date of starting work is during my studies, the officer does not ask why you worked more than 20 hours during your studies? (while in reality I didn't work more)
Your work experience during your study won't count towards CEC work experience anyway.

Sina123321

Apr 27, 2023
Your work experience during your study won't count towards CEC work experience anyway.
I know, but the issue is my starting date is during my study, and the employment letter the company gave me indicates my starting date and it says I work 30 hours per week.

Beauciel

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
What to do? This is my 8th business day since I submitted my confirmation on address and uploaded the photo on portal and I haven't got my ECOPR. Both address and photo is in review with IRCC :( . My patience is waning.
I uploaded my adress and photo on my portal2 April12 and still no eCOPR yet.
Probably I guess that's because of PSAC strike. Most of the ircc staff are PSAC members

Reactions: sahebzade

frostpunk2023

Star Member
Jan 15, 2023
I know, but the issue is my starting date is during my study, and the employment letter the company gave me indicates my starting date and it says I work 30 hours per week.
Do you have your paystubs from the beginning of employment to be able to explain number of hours you worked during each period?

CECDEC22

Jan 20, 2023
does your paycheck/paystub for this period reflect 20 hour or 30 hour of paid labour, you can attach that and in LoE you can explain it.

Jan 20, 2023
Hello all, I have two questions and would appreciate some information here.

Does "Not applicable" in the IP2 stage indicate that the background check has been completed?

What is the the next step and timeline if the background checks have been completed?

mr_maverik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
PVO - OSC - Ottawa, SVO - CIS - Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23-Dec-2022
And here I am, no update for me during strike:
Background status remains:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Yeah, I feel you. No updates for me as well. I was expecting to receive Portal emails just before the strike. No end in sight for the strike. Not sure how long the wait is going to be now. :(:mad:

frostpunk2023

Star Member
Jan 15, 2023
Yeah, I feel you. No updates for me as well. I was expecting to receive Portal emails just before the strike. No end in sight for the strike. Not sure how long the wait is going to be now. :(:mad:
I am in the same situation with you. Do you see your COPR no on the tracker? If yes, for how long?

ProfMovingToCanada

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Same here. No updates.
This said, I called IRCC and they informed me that my background was exactly at the same point as it was when I rang them a month earlier although the tracker had background changed to in progress. So, as some had suggested here, that April 19th or 20th update for everyone happened to those whose background had already been partially started (e.g., criminality had been completed for me), but does not mean that it moved any forward after that update...which is quite a bummer.

Jan 20, 2023
Same here. No updates.
This said, I called IRCC and they informed me that my background was exactly at the same point as it was when I rang them a month earlier although the tracker had background changed to in progress. So, as some had suggested here, that April 19th or 20th update for everyone happened to those whose background had already been partially started (e.g., criminality had been completed for me), but does not mean that it moved any forward after that update...which is quite a bummer.
What does the background check status "Not applicable" mean?

Jane_Daphne

Mar 22, 2023
Yours "IP" stage seems better. Mine was "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" all the time since AOR before changed to not applicable.

mr_maverik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23-Dec-2022
I am in the same situation with you. Do you see your COPR no on the tracker? If yes, for how long?
Nopes. Don't see the COPR no in tracker. Last update for me for was all steps are showing as completed in tracker and my medical was passed again.

Last edited:

mr_maverik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23-Dec-2022
all completed, that means strike has paused action on your portal email.
Yup, that's what I am guessing. But, I do see some lucky people getting portal emails after strike started. Its few and far between though.