+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - December 2022 AOR ******

shahram.nasaji

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hi guys I am CEC AOR Dec 01 but my application is still in progress, I received the email to apply for the work permit extension. my PGWP expires in December 2023. However my passport expires march 2024, I am in the process of applying for a new passport. Can I apply for the work permit extension of this can be deemed as misrepresentation.? Has anyone applied for work permit extension under the new policy? What do they ask for
I'm in the same situation! I have applied for a new passport.
What you need to do is to submit your new passport scans to IRCC via webform and then apply for PGWP extension using your new passport.

checkmate23

Apr 23, 2023
I'm in the same situation! I have applied for a new passport.
What you need to do is to submit your new passport scans to IRCC via webform and then apply for PGWP extension using your new passport.
I do not have the new passport yet, just the new passport application. So you are saying I can use new application form I have submitted to apply for it?

onkaar2021

Mar 30, 2023
I was on work permit since October 2021, and got my eCOPR in April 2023. I got my PR SIN number last week.
I did not create a TFSA using temporary SIN but now that I have my permanent SIN, I created a TFSA last week. My TFSA limits showing up on CRA agency site is 18500 until now. However the TD bank representative advised that I can only put 6500 in this new TFSA account as I got my permanent SIN only this year. I wanted to check this with CRA on phone, but due to labor strike they are not responding on calls. Is anyone aware how I can utilize the remaining 12500 limit of TFSA. ?
TIA.

Himanshu6444

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
I was on work permit since October 2021, and got my eCOPR in April 2023. I got my PR SIN number last week.
I did not create a TFSA using temporary SIN but now that I have my permanent SIN, I created a TFSA last week. My TFSA limits showing up on CRA agency site is 18500 until now. However the TD bank representative advised that I can only put 6500 in this new TFSA account as I got my permanent SIN only this year. I wanted to check this with CRA on phone, but due to labor strike they are not responding on calls. Is anyone aware how I can utilize the remaining 12500 limit of TFSA. ?
TIA.
Wow - I wasn't aware about it. I will also try to research about it.

Reactions: onkaar2021

mani_gan1991

Star Member
Jan 17, 2023
Hi All I am a CEC inland applicant, I need to travel to India on June 1st and I yet to get a portal mail, What should I do if I get portal email within next month or when I am in India? Confused can we delay replying the Portal email?

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
TIA.
TD is incorrect, if you were a tax resident for the last 3 years and filed your taxes correctly, you should have the 3 years worth of limit, aka 18500.

Reactions: umangrdoshi

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Hi All I am a CEC inland applicant, I need to travel to India on June 1st and I yet to get a portal mail, What should I do if I get portal email within next month or when I am in India? Confused can we delay replying the Portal email?
The portal email will ask if you weee in Canada or not, just answer accordingly and they will have further instructions for you if you were in India.

Reactions: Sathiya143

mani_gan1991

Star Member
Jan 17, 2023
The portal email will ask if you weee in Canada or not, just answer accordingly and they will have further instructions for you if you were in India.
Okay what if I am in Canada and I have to travel within a week ? Will they delay the portal 2 email process? bcz if I accept and upload photos I have only one option to apply PRTD or come via USA I dont want both options

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Okay what if I am in Canada and I have to travel within a week ? Will they delay the portal 2 email process? bcz if I accept and upload photos I have only one option to apply PRTD or come via USA I dont want both options
I think it’s probably the best to let them know when you were answering portal 1. They would likely delay it until after your trip

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
TIA.
I never knew TFSA is linked with the SIN. So all those who are on WPs if they leave, when the old 9 series SIN expires the TFSA accounts will have to be closed and we lose the contribution limits is it?

Himanshu6444

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
I never knew TFSA is linked with the SIN. So all those who are on WPs if they leave, when the old 9 series SIN expires the TFSA accounts will have to be closed and we lose the contribution limits is it?
Somebody please confirm this. I am also looking for the same.