+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - December 2018 AOR

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Unfortunately, I am not an Inland applicant:(.
What are the options available for me? Else I will wait one more month for the updates.
Yep i get it....most people on this group is applying through CEC, so the majority of us are inland......

As far as i know, you send an email for your VO. They usually reply if you are above the 06 months of processing time. Before that, they don`t reply, unless they need something from you or if you send an update to them.
You can request a WebForm....takes a few days for them to reply....but you can ask why you background have not started if you only have 58 days to go on your processing time, usually the reply is very generic and is pretty much the same as your account. Although, i know of people that got more update information than the CIC account.
Also, all the messages, replies and call to agent usually ends with the same message.
"IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within established processing times."

So while the 06 months of processing time are undergoing we don`t have a lot we can do. Just be patient, which is very hard.....this waiting is killing me..........

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Thank you very much for your help wendy1112. Actually my immigration representative submitted file online and I have no access onto it. I just have screenshots of my file and all the details you said.
Is there any kind of issue if I call straight? Or should I tell my representative to call CIC
I am also doing my application through an agent. There won't be any issue as long as you have your application number and you can confirm your identity based on what they have on their system.

Reactions: SRamgharia

arrahman

Feb 20, 2019
Hello Guys,

Visa office - Edmonton
CEC Inland (Toronto)
Timeline:
AOR 26th Dec
Medical passed 08th Feb
Background - We are currently processing ..... (guessing its IP2)

Applied for GCMS Notes on 1st March, its been 55 days still haven't received the notes! After 30 days, I have emailed them, they replied they are setting it as priority and will be send very soon. Now its 56th day, I emailed them twice in last 20 days! still they didn't send my notes nor replying my email now! Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhabaan

westcoastaccountant

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241, 1311
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
24-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-05-2019
Hello Guys,

Visa office - Edmonton
CEC Inland (Toronto)
Timeline:
AOR 26th Dec
Medical passed 08th Feb

Applied for GCMS Notes on 1st March, its been 55 days still haven't received the notes! After 30 days, I have emailed them, they replied they are setting it as priority and will be send very soon. Now its 56th day, I emailed them twice in last 20 days! still they didn't send my notes nor replying my email now! Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks
I have similar experience. I applied for notes on March 7th. I emailed and got same response as you. I haven't emailed a 2nd time yet. Our timelines are similar. AOR Dec 21st, medical passed Feb 1st.

westcoastaccountant

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241, 1311
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
24-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-05-2019
Hello Guys,

Visa office - Edmonton
CEC Inland (Toronto)
Timeline:
AOR 26th Dec
Medical passed 08th Feb

Thanks
My visa office is Edmonton too!

Reactions: PRAHADEESH

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
I
My concern is not the work experience. It is the job offer, which CIC needs it to be valid for a year on the time of making the PR decision. The problem with my employer is that it is a University and they have a standard contract and can not add the phrase similar to your friend's case.
I am really worried about my PR. And yes my job is lmia exempt.
I dont think you will have any problem, once your eligibility passed, then you are totally safe! it is not the applicant fault that sometimes his application got processed longer than normal, therefore, his/her contract has been modified because time! think about it, it is not that complicated one, IRCC needs to make sure you are eligible, once done, then it is done...

Best,

SRamgharia

Apr 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-12-2018
I am also doing my application through an agent. There won't be any issue as long as you have your application number and you can confirm your identity based on what they have on their system.
Okay. I think should also call and ask them then.
Atleast I will get to know, where my file is or I mean at what stage

Reactions: sumylili

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Okay. I think should also call and ask them then.
Atleast I will get to know, where my file is or I mean at what stage
Good luck! Call them in the morning, around 9 am

Reactions: SRamgharia

johnpye

Feb 12, 2018
Hello Guys,

Visa office - Edmonton
CEC Inland (Toronto)
Timeline:
AOR 26th Dec
Medical passed 08th Feb

Thanks
How did you find out the visa office without ordering notes? Just by calling?

Reactions: Ana1001

Ana1001

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Ok guys, I called CIC and for the first time got some good information!!!! :)

8th April I call CIC and send an email to my VO to inform that my social status change from single to common-law. My boyfriend is Canadian, so this doesn`t interfere with my process.
I got an automatic reply from the VO office that they would contact me after 10 business day. Is been almost 15 days and nothing, so I call today.

I told the agent that I reach out to CIC and to my VO about my social status but didn`t had a reply, so I was calling to inquiry about that.
The agent check and told me that the VO indeed received my email and put a note on my file about it.
The agent also told me, that since this information did not interfere with my process, that was no reason to reply to my email.

I asked about my eligibility and she told me that the 1st officer, the one the checks the paper work, docs and eligibility put a note as “recommended pass” for my eligibility! Yayyyy!!!
The agent also told me that my file is now with the main officer and that they are working on my background check, she told me they finish the first one and now they were working on the second one, ‘SECURETY”.

So, with that, my suspicious are confirm. The VO don`t reply/reach out unless they need to, or need documents from you or if you are inquiring because you are over the 06 month of processing time. I had heard about that before, but now I am pretty sure.

Now, what is the first part of my background check and what is security check? Is this the travel part? Or addresses? Does anyone knows?

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
How did you find out the visa office without ordering notes? Just by calling?
When I called they told me about my VO too

mkareem

Jan 10, 2019
I

I dont think you will have any problem, once your eligibility passed, then you are totally safe! it is not the applicant fault that sometimes his application got processed longer than normal, therefore, his/her contract has been modified because time! think about it, it is not that complicated one, IRCC needs to make sure you are eligible, once done, then it is done...

Best,
My eligibility status is recommended passed, my criminality passed ans security not started yet, based on the GCMS note. So the eligibility is not finalized. According to CIC the applicant should have a valid job offer at the time of making the final decision. I know it is not making sense, but I am really worried. I really can't see a rejection after waiting for all this time.

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
My eligibility status is recommended passed, my criminality passed ans security not started yet, based on the GCMS note. So the eligibility is not finalized. According to CIC the applicant should have a valid job offer at the time of making the final decision. I know it is not making sense, but I am really worried. I really can't see a rejection after waiting for all this time.
Did you use a valid job offer (LMIA) to claim 50 points? Otherwise the job offer thing shouldn't be an issue for you