+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Concerns about Work Experience - Letter of explaination

Shaanfer

Feb 11, 2016
I have received an letter stating the following:

"Your application application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration Canada.

The following are the concerns:
1. You do not have the required work experience and the required education that is required for this type of employment.
2. Declared salary is inconsistent with the average for this occupation
3. Main duties are not consistent with the NOC xxxx

I would like to provide you the opportunity to respond to this information in 30 days."

Is this a negative letter, and what kind of explanation are the immigration expecting? Has anyone else received a similar letter? Please let me know
Thank you for all replies.

Reactions: Faky201

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it's a negative letter. CIC is planning to refuse you unless you can convince them you have the work experience you are claiming. You will need to respond and address their concerns in order to have a chance of being approved.

They are concerned that you don't have the educational background to be carrying out this role - you somehow need to justify this. You need to explain why your salary is lower than what someone in this kind of job is supposed to be paid. Your main duties don't match the NOC. This is a very big problem and you need to get your employer to write a letter to explain your role and responsibilities in more detail and to confirm that you do in fact have the experience you are claiming.

What job / NOC did you claim experience in? What is your education background? How much are or were you being paid? What job responsiblities did you list in your experience letter?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shaanfer said:

"Your application application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration Canada.

1. You do not have the required work experience and the required education that is required for this type of employment.

I would like to provide you the opportunity to respond to this information in 30 days."

Is this a negative letter, and what kind of explanation are the immigration expecting? Has anyone else received a similar letter? Please let me know
it is serious, suggest find an immigration agent or lawyer to reorganize your file again . the risk to take make another ignorance is too big.

Deep2693

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
BRAMPTON
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2014
Med's Request
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
10-02-2016
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
4-3-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Shaanfer said:

CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR TIMELINES AND DID YOU GET RCMP AND MEDICAL

Shaanfer

Feb 11, 2016
Thanks for all the replies.

NOC that I applied for was 1111(Accountant) but the visa office feels duties fall under 1311( bookkeeper).
I graduated from an advance diploma in Accounting and finance which covers all areas of accounting thoroughly. Therefore I believe I am capable of doing this occupation.

Salary that I received was $37,000 but the industry average is $63,000 annually.

Yes, I am seeking professional advice.
Thank you in advance for all replies.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Shaanfer said:
NOC that I applied for was 1111(Accountant) but the visa office feels duties fall under 1311( bookkeeper).
I graduated from an advance diploma in Accounting and finance which covers all areas of accounting thoroughly. Therefore I believe I am capable of doing this occupation.
It's GREAT that CIC officers do their work AFTER we have entered the county instead of doing it BEFORE!! If they did their research properly when issuing the LMO/LMIA, they would give everyone their rightful NOC!!
My application got refused because back then I received the wrong NOC and level for my job on my permit. It seems, the officers did not really investigate which NOC applies to my job. Now I am the one to blame? I asked for reconsideration and explained the mistake from the past, submitted a new letter of employment and evidence, as well. This whole NOC thing is so overlapping, incorrect and somehow discriminating on so many levels!! CIC never reached out to me to explain anything, for them it was obvious - wrong NOC on permit, other job applied for. Wrong.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Shaanfer said:

Salary that I received was $37,000 but the industry average is $63,000 annually.

Yes, I am seeking professional advice.
Thank you in advance for all replies.
Hi Shanfer, what is your timeline. when did you filed application?

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Shaanfer said:
I am sorry but you are mistaken regarding your NOC code.
The NOC code you chose is for Financial auditors and accountants (Financial accountants) and it is mainly for accountants in Accounting firms (KPMG, Deloitte, EY...).

Unless you are a student going through the CPA program and hired by an approved firm/company for the CPA program, you do not meet the requirements for the NOC 1111. Since you do not have a degree (requirement for the CPA program) and you do not mention having the CGA, CA, CMA or CPA designation, I guess that you are not an auditor nor studying to be one.

I prefer to be blunt but fair, with your salary, if you are not currently enrolled in the CPA program and working with an approved firm/company, you will not be able to convince CIC that your meet the requirements for NOC 1111.

I strongly recommend reapplying under the proper NOC code through EE.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
OhWow said:
It's GREAT that CIC officers do their work AFTER we have entered the county instead of doing it BEFORE!! If they did their research properly when issuing the LMO/LMIA, they would give everyone their rightful NOC!!
My application got refused because back then I received the wrong NOC and level for my job on my permit.

Sorry to hear about your refusal. Unfortunately, most (new) foreign workers don't know what an NOC is at first, let alone enough to question the NOC... But then ESDC doesn't make it easy to correct, either.

It is very unfortunate, but the consequence of too many people "gaming" the system for LMOs/LMIAs... Some employers "game" the system by applying for LMIAs for higher-level positions (easier to get), and then use the foreign worker in a lower level job for which many Canadians are available. Some foreign workers allow this abuse to happen, fearing they have no choice. Some are "in" on the game. There are few consequences to the employer, though, the foreign worker bears the brunt...

It seems, the officers did not really investigate which NOC applies to my job. Now I am the one to blame? I asked for reconsideration and explained the mistake from the past, submitted a new letter of employment and evidence, as well. This whole NOC thing is so overlapping, incorrect and somehow discriminating on so many levels!! CIC never reached out to me to explain anything, for them it was obvious - wrong NOC on permit, other job applied for. Wrong.

Alas, some of your blame is misdirected. ESDC/Service Canada determines the NOC based on information provided by your employer, and states the NOC on the LMIA. CIC's only role when issuing work permits is to accept the NOC (as determined by ESDC) on the LMIA.

Can't say at this point whether your employer screwed up or ESDC did - sometimes employers change the job after getting the LMIA (or after getting the worker), but they are supposed to apply for a new LMIA in that case; few do.

But your frustration over the sometimes inexact guesswork of NOCs is completely warranted, as well as CIC's reliance on a different agency (ESDC) that views things differently from CIC, and then, there's the inconsistent response of CIC VOs ... Throw on top some "wishful thinking" by applicants, and you have a lot of refusals because of NOC codes. You're unfortunately in good company.

Hopefully, you are able to reapply. Best of luck -

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
I have a case where the review was done and the VO has concern on my employment letter obtained from abroad with letterhead having abroad address.

so I got new letter from Canada office and added to my file. both the letter looks same. Except the end date is 15 days less in the new letter. (The fact is I departed from Canada during this 15 days - it is planned vacation turned out to be an exit from Canada). I thought need to include this pay period in my Work Experience, because it took a week for me report to my base location. (It is my mistake because I though I need to put the pay period rather my physical presence in Canada)

In the email, I sent have intimated than I left Canada on June 2nd which is actual departed date. But in work experience letter it is stated end date as 15th June. this does not affect my eligibility though it comes under my qualifying period. (Even in review comment by VO this date is reflected Sad )

I did not updated the form - as it might cause confusion.

Will this be a misrepresentation on any form? or can I send an update schedule work experience? or it is just treated as a minor mistake.

Please help!!!

Hope jes you already answered early question, this is respect According to Schedule A work experience match issue.