+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC candidate - currently unemployed

vancouverite29

Jun 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I need some advice on my immigration case:
I have been invited under the CEC program, and am currently in Canada on my IEC young professional work permit.

However I have been laid off since June 15th and currently looking for employment in Canada. It’s been difficult to find new employment as my work permit has restrictions and requires a fee to change the employer.

Should I submit my PR application while being ‘unemployed’ in canada or go back to my home country and submit my PR application while working? Does it make any difference?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I need some advice on my immigration case:
I have been invited under the CEC program, and am currently in Canada on my IEC young professional work permit.

However I have been laid off since June 15th and currently looking for employment in Canada. It’s been difficult to find new employment as my work permit has restrictions and requires a fee to change the employer.

Should I submit my PR application while being ‘unemployed’ in canada or go back to my home country and submit my PR application while working? Does it make any difference?

Thank you!
There's no issue submitting your CEC application while you are unemployed. As long as you have legal status in Canada it's fine. Go ahead.