File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. I actually also called CIC as well, the agent on the phone told me it's fine as long as I am getting paid as usual by the Canadian company.... she said remote work is ok. Different people tell different things. I'm confused.
You can't rely on the CIC call centre for accurate answers. They give out horrifically wrong information regularly.

If you want another opinion, get a consult with a Canadian immigration lawyer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Mike0921

May 5, 2021
You can't rely on the CIC call centre for accurate answers. They give out horrifically wrong information regularly.

If you want another opinion, get a consult with a Canadian immigration lawyer.
Yes they gave me very opaque answers in the past, not helpful at all. That's why I consult with this forum a lot more. Thank you for your insights.

Mike0921

May 5, 2021
Thanks a lot. However, I don't see how the information in the link is related to my situation.

"An allowance for normal vacation time during a period of qualifying work experience cannot be used as a substitute or proxy for meeting the in-Canada element of the work experience requirement (i.e., work experience obtained outside Canada will not be considered as though the applicant had been on a period of vacation in order to be counted as part of the period of in-Canada work experience). "

But I am not taking vacation. I will keep working remotely abroad. Actually, my T4 slips, employer letter, and paystubs won't even have a record of me leaving Canada. Only records will be the stamps and a new visa on my passport, which to my knowledge(I could be wrong) are not required documents except for the passport photo page.

klausmike

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Thanks a lot. However, I don't see how the information in the link is related to my situation.

"An allowance for normal vacation time during a period of qualifying work experience cannot be used as a substitute or proxy for meeting the in-Canada element of the work experience requirement (i.e., work experience obtained outside Canada will not be considered as though the applicant had been on a period of vacation in order to be counted as part of the period of in-Canada work experience). "

But I am not taking vacation. I will keep working remotely abroad. Actually, my T4 slips, employer letter, and paystubs won't even have a record of me leaving Canada. Only records will be the stamps and a new visa on my passport, which to my knowledge(I could be wrong) are not required documents except for the passport photo page.
I recently asked an Immigration consultant about a similar situation. In my case, i work for a Canadian employer and plan to travel back to my home country for 2 months (10 days of vacation holiday and the outstanding for remote work). The consultant said that it is a grey area as there wasn't any explicit mention of remote work but also pulled up the link provided by someone above.

Since i have nothing totally concrete, i plan to make up for the 2 months i'll be working outside canada to ensure i dont have issues with the length of my Canadian experience when applying under CEC

Mike0921

May 5, 2021
I recently asked an Immigration consultant about a similar situation. In my case, i work for a Canadian employer and plan to travel back to my home country for 2 months (10 days of vacation holiday and the outstanding for remote work). The consultant said that it is a grey area as there wasn't any explicit mention of remote work but also pulled up the link provided by someone above.

Since i have nothing totally concrete, i plan to make up for the 2 months i'll be working outside canada to ensure i dont have issues with the length of my Canadian experience when applying under CEC
Thanks. Your plan sounds the safest. The pandemic lockdown is making me so sick of being alone. Everything makes me feel terrible and depressing, which makes me more homesick than ever before :(

Faraaz_kHAN

Jan 4, 2022
Hey Guys, I have an odd question and was not able to get an answer anywhere. I am a cec candiadte and have been in the ee pool for over a year now. Due to covid I was not able to get my documents ready in time and submit my application for cec before the big break ircc took.

Question: As of today I have completed 3 years of Canadian work exp.1 year (2019 to 2020) in one company and 2 years ( 2020 to date) in another company. My points are 500. I heard somewhere that the Canadian. Work exp that I claim points for should be less than 3 years old for cec. Is that true? If so, do I need to update my application and not claim points for the 1st job (2019 to 2020)

Kindly advise.