+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Biometrics

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hello,

I have a question on the need for biometrics.

I gave Biometrics in Mar 2019 for my Work permit application. I moved to Canada the next month. I have now received my CEC PR nomination.

Do i need to give Biometrics again for my PR application as well?

Khan001

Apr 13, 2020
Hello,

I gave Biometrics in Mar 2019 for my Work permit application. I moved to Canada the next month. I have now received my CEC PR nomination.

No need to give biometrics again as your biometrics are still valid up to 10 years from March 2019.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Hello,

Yes, you will have to. Biometrics given for WP doesn't account for PR application.

tigranh

Jan 15, 2020
Hi, got the biometrics collection letter on May 7 and since Services Canada are closed would it be possible to ask them to proceed with the ones I gave for work permit application (Valid till 2029). Thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello,

Yes, you MUST give biometrics again.

No need to give biometrics again as your biometrics are still valid up to 10 years from March 2019.
While that is true (10 year validity) , biometrics taken for Temporary Residence (TR) applications such as Work or Study permits are NOT valid towards Permanent Residency (PR) application.

On the contrary, you CAN use biometrics taken for PR for TR applications.

Hi, got the biometrics collection letter on May 7 and since Services Canada are closed would it be possible to ask them to proceed with the ones I gave for work permit application (Valid till 2029). Thanks
They will not, you will have to wait until you can have those. You are now automatically given 90 days to complete this, so there is no rush.

What about Canadian PCC.
biometric and PCC are they same
No they are not, its a whole different thing.

PCC are usually done through third parties which then send the fingerprints to the RCMP for comparison against their fingerprint database.

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
FWIW I gave my biometrics when I applied for a work permit at the border in 2018. I used the same biometrics for my PR application last year and I'm currently waiting for my CoPR.

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
It changed. The BIL states that the applicants need to give new biometrics even when they already have a valid one for other types of immigration applications. Cheers!