15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
reesh_k said:
Hello all,

IN NEED OF HELP/ADVICE!

I got my PPR but i am in Peru currently, when CPC sent their email i sent one back letting them know where i was. It has been THREE weeks. Does anyone typically know how long they would take to set this up so that i can get my passport stamped? Who should i contact to find out if anything is happening. I don't want to lose my PR because of this.

Much appreciation!
Hi, there are a few things not clear to me in your message, am I correct in assuming that Peru isn't your normal country of residence? You said it has been 3 weeks, so are you now back home in your own country? Does the PPR request have a 30 day deadline, I'm from visa except so I'm not sure what the time is on that. If you are back in your country, just send your PP now by express post, it will only take 3 days maybe 4 to get there. If you don't think it will get there in time, send CIC an email, apologize for the delay, explain why and ask for an extension. I thought I was going to miss the deadline for my RCMP request so I emailed and they granted an extension fortunately I didn't need the extension as royal mail got my documents to Canada in 2 days by express post but it was crazy expensive :( Anyway.. don't worry, send your PP and email CIC for an extension just in-case.

reesh_k

Dec 10, 2014
Mikee21 said:
Hi, there are a few things not clear to me in your message, am I correct in assuming that Peru isn't your normal country of residence? You said it has been 3 weeks, so are you now back home in your own country? Does the PPR request have a 30 day deadline, I'm from visa except so I'm not sure what the time is on that. If you are back in your country, just send your PP now by express post, it will only take 3 days maybe 4 to get there. If you don't think it will get there in time, send CIC an email, apologize for the delay, explain why and ask for an extension. I thought I was going to miss the deadline for my RCMP request so I emailed and they granted an extension fortunately I didn't need the extension as royal mail got my documents to Canada in 2 days by express post but it was crazy expensive :( Anyway.. don't worry, send your PP and email CIC for an extension just in-case.
Hey,

No Peru is not my normal country of residence, I am here on a volunteer year (i planned this way in advance and could nto sit around and wait for the enormous delays by CIC). My home country is Trinidad and Tobago. However i will still be here in Peru most likely until next year. i receiveed the following in an email with my PPR:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

I sent an email the next day of receiving this email to inform them of where i am and if it is possible to get the visa stamped in Lima where i have been going to deal with any canadian immigaration issues. I am a bit worried about the deadline approaching and i have not heard anythign from them :(

mel713

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Calgary AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-04-2016
minsky said:
just called cic call centre and I select the option for permanent residence and select talked to an agent she will then transfer you to cic immigration officer, they will be the one to book your appointment :)
Also wondering about calling to book landing appt.
Can we call them to book the appt before receiving passport and copr back, to avoid possible long landing lineup? Has anyone done this already?

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
mel713 said:
Also wondering about calling to book landing appt.
Can we call them to book the appt before receiving passport and copr back, to avoid possible long landing lineup? Has anyone done this already?
In my case when I called them they asked me the expiry date of the one they stamped in my passport.

erichome

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
no PPR for a whole week? :-[

talk2sharad

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
UF August 2015
Med's Done....
UF August 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
erichome said:
no PPR for a whole week? :-[
Did you read this? I think you may want to read this carefully.

"so i went to the Etobicoke Landing office for my interview today. The lady who interviewed me was confused why I was there.
She told me I am the second CEC candidate today who came in without Passport request. The first person got PR through her.

She wanted to Print my COPR and complete my PR landing as well. While she was going through correspondences sent to me, she saw a new email as of March 30, 2016.
It was a Ready For Visa email sent to me. I checked my inbox through my phone and I found the same email.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/post-only-mr-rprf-ppr-updates-augseptoct-applicants/-t365220.0.html;msg5084829#msg5084829

The lady then advised me to send my passport and get COPR and PR Visa as advised by CPC Ottawa. She wasn't sure as to why I was asked to come into CIC Etobicoke in the first place.

So if CPC Ottawa didnt email me a ready for visa today, I would have been PR by now lol."

erichome

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
talk2sharad said:
Did you read this? I think you may want to read this carefully.

"so i went to the Etobicoke Landing office for my interview today. The lady who interviewed me was confused why I was there.
She told me I am the second CEC candidate today who came in without Passport request. The first person got PR through her.

She wanted to Print my COPR and complete my PR landing as well. While she was going through correspondences sent to me, she saw a new email as of March 30, 2016.
It was a Ready For Visa email sent to me. I checked my inbox through my phone and I found the same email.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/post-only-mr-rprf-ppr-updates-augseptoct-applicants/-t365220.0.html;msg5084829#msg5084829

The lady then advised me to send my passport and get COPR and PR Visa as advised by CPC Ottawa. She wasn't sure as to why I was asked to come into CIC Etobicoke in the first place.

So if CPC Ottawa didnt email me a ready for visa today, I would have been PR by now lol."
Sorry what does this mean? should we suppose to do interview before receiving PPR? a little bit confused

talk2sharad

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
UF August 2015
Med's Done....
UF August 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
erichome said:
Sorry what does this mean? should we suppose to do interview before receiving PPR? a little bit confused
Just shared the information as this guy also had DM but no PPR for a long time (similar to your case). Not necessarily every case is same. Take it as an FYI only.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
anyone has done landing in ottawa cic office? do we need appointment i heard its every 2nd n 4th tuesday of the month we can go there also what documents do we require if i do landing there? thanks

whoo

Nov 4, 2014
I cheked line 4. "Medical results have beed recieved" on ECAS today.
What is next step?
Can I pay RPRF(upfront) without RPRF Request from CIC? If yes, How to pay?
or Just wait until CIC request RPRF?

eusquesio

Sep 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC and managed to talk to an agent to book the landing appointment. He said something like: "being in Canada, your primary option would be booking a landing appointment at a CIC office, but you live close to the border... it would be much faster for you to go there."

Waiting times were looking at something between 2 weeks and 3 months.

just saying...

masterofnone

Nov 16, 2015
I called CIC call centre for landing appointment on the 24th of March, just the same day I received my CopR on the mail.
Yesterday CIC Etobicoke office (the one for the Toronto area) wrote me with appointment letter for next Wednesday April 6th.
So, takes about 2 weeks to get it done.

If you are in no rush about getting it for a particular reason, I recommend the appointment! You just can take the metro and get to the office the day and time they tell you and its done, plus also you get your new SIN number there at the same time.
I dont have a car so it would just cost me money, an annoying bus ride and wait in line with lot of turists at the border...

But if you decide for the appointment you have to stick with your decision, it can mess things up if you request and appointment and then you just go do it at the border.

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
CoPR received on 30 March 2016. Thanks all

veaunz

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
hi guys need an urgent advise/help. my situation is i gave birth here in canada on november 2014 i told my agent to inform cic about it and send a copy of my childs birth cert. and he said he did send it but i have noticed on my gcms that it was not updated on my file. i think he did'nt send it at all as he was insisting that the baby is canadian and not important with the application. is that right? now,there are some part of rprf request says about any changes /addition to family to informed them immediately.so i asked my agent to send it anyway but seems like he's not doin it. Will it be a problem if i will just inform them now after more than 1 year since i gave birth. and is it possible to send it myself? will they acknowledge my email address since im under representative. pls help. thanks