+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

psvirk

Jan 4, 2011
Hi,
I am an August 21 applicant and I did my upfront medical in July 2015. My ECAS was updated in September 2015. Everyone has started receiving their medical requests and additional document requests but I wasn't one of them so I was worried and I called CIC and they informed me that my application was going through background check and I will not have to resubmit my medical. My question is that does the background check happen before the medical request or after the medical request ?
Thanks

kesavan4321

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YoYo_lt said:
Hi guys,
I am an Aug 27 applicant, and I received my ME on Jan 30.
Sorry for the late update.
BTW thanks for the update..! congrats.. soon they start SEP by this week end..

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
psvirk said:
Hi,
I am an August 21 applicant and I did my upfront medical in July 2015. My ECAS was updated in September 2015. Everyone has started receiving their medical requests and additional document requests but I wasn't one of them so I was worried and I called CIC and they informed me that my application was going through background check and I will not have to resubmit my medical. My question is that does the background check happen before the medical request or after the medical request ?
Thanks
everything is supposed to be set to passed before they send you medical request.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reesh_k said:
Hello,

So i decided to randomly check my application status and noticed message saying that i have been sent a correspondance on Jan 13th. Nothing was received in the mail. After contacting them through email (yes i actually got a response which i thought was a nice surprise) CPC-CTD-OTTAWA has said this :

On January 13, 2016 you were requested to provide a copy of an original police clearance certificate from Trinidad and Tobago.
Please follow the link provided to see additional details:
You have 30 days from the date of this email to provide us with the document. In case an extension is required, please provide us with the proof that you have applied to obtain the requested documents.

So i sent an email back asking where the heck do i send the certificate to and what else would be needed. There was an automated repsonse of directing all enquiries to the toll free number within canada or the case specific enquiries. I called the number today and got through to someone, as usual the guy on the line gave me generic inforamtion and in fact wrong information, saying that i needed to check myCIC account for messages and upload the document there. I checked and found absolutely nothing.

I'm running in circles here guys, i have the police report but no clue what to do with it now. PLEASE HELP!

....and thank you immesnsely in advance
it should be mentioned clearly in the email where the certificate needs to be sent..

if they need the physical document mailed then they would give you the address also in the mail where to mail it..

if they havent mentioned any address they would say just reply to this email with the attached document. in that case just scan it and send the certificate on the original email you got.. thats what i did .. but mine clearly said reply to this email and attach document.. it was the regular cpc-ctd email .

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
YoYo_lt said:
Hi guys,
I am an Aug 27 applicant, and I received my ME on Jan 30.
Sorry for the late update.
Great news !!.. i am an Aug 19 applicant. Still waiting for any action from CIC :(. Is there anyone here who is 1-19 aug applicant and still waiting for MR or PCC ?

Rochorange

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Wow, congrats on the MR
I'm an Aug 27th applicant and have my fingers crossed.
My AOR is Jan 2nd, so could you please share what was ur AOR

YoYo_lt

Jul 10, 2014
Rochorange said:
Wow, congrats on the MR
I'm an Aug 27th applicant and have my fingers crossed.
My AOR is Jan 2nd, so could you please share what was ur AOR
My timeline is exactly same as yours. Aug 27th received and Jan 2nd AOR. Your MR is on the way.

Harrybuttar

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
03/02/2016(rcmp, pcc)
AOR Received.
19-Dec- 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
25/02/2016
Med's Done....
04/03/2016
hey guys my app received on aug22,2014 and my aor dec19,2014.. no MR yet..is there anybody who is in same boat..

engenc

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
29-12-2014
Harrybuttar said:
hey guys my app received on aug22,2014 and my aor dec19,2014.. no MR yet..is there anybody who is in same boat..
I am in the same boat.. my AOR is a bit later than yours.

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
Harrybuttar said:
Same here.

engenc

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
29-12-2014
What is the order of Criminality , Security and Eligibility? or they run these in parallel. My latest GCMS notes that I got on 07th January 2016 was showing Criminality - In Progress, Security - Not Started, Eligibility - Not Started (due date for eligibility has already passed). So, if late August applicant started to get MRs, I assume their criminality and elibility assessments were completed, right??

Could any one, who got GCMS notes recently say if their eligibility assessment has started or not?

As I have only sent RCMPs but not PCCs for myself and my spouse and I have not been asked to provide new PCCs, I think no one has touched to my file so far. I doubt once I get my GCMS notes in 2 weeks, I will see the exact same situation as January.

engenc

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
29-12-2014
Antonio82 said:
I applyed on August 8,AOR nov.3 and not MR yet
did they ask you any document? what does ur GCMS say? I know it is so annoying to just wait.

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
engenc said:
What is the order of Criminality , Security and Eligibility? or they run these in parallel. My latest GCMS notes that I got on 07th January 2016 was showing Criminality - In Progress, Security - Not Started, Eligibility - Not Started (due date for eligibility has already passed). So, if late August applicant started to get MRs, I assume their criminality and elibility assessments were completed, right??

Could any one, who got GCMS notes recently say if their eligibility assessment has started or not?

As I have only sent RCMPs but not PCCs for myself and my spouse and I have not been asked to provide new PCCs, I think no one has touched to my file so far. I doubt once I get my GCMS notes in 2 weeks, I will see the exact same situation as January.
That's what I'm afraid: that no one has touched my file. I have already requested my CGMS notes but it will take some weeks...

About the process I have read that it should be in parallel. However the workflow might have changed due to the new system (EE) and all the delay.

Let's keep thinking in a positive way and hope very soon we will receive good news.