+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

immanuelk

Feb 5, 2016
I am August applicant and my process is still in progress. I have completed my medicals in Feb and paid RPRF in March. They have requested for FBI clearance again and I have provided it in May. I have called the CIC call center on Monday and the agent was kind enough to let me know that as per the notes I am ready for visa. But my status in ECAS is still in progress. I am in US currently and my visa here is till August last week. I am bit worried if I will be able to get a confirmation by that time. Does anybody know how much time will it take to get a PPR request and the rest of process?

cec2014kum

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
AUG 2016
rohangk said:
Thank You ;D

Yes, i suppose so. Only regret is i lost $200 applying for TRV. if only PPR email came one week earlier. Anyways glad the PPR is finally here.

they have mentioned->

"- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier of your choice that delivers within Canada.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
"

- self addressed envelope must be a arranged from courier and the passports,etc must be sent by mail? I think there is a typo in the second line as the address provided is the courier address of CPC and not the PO box address they usually provide for canada post.

So i will courier the passports enclosing the prepaid courier envelope.

Hopefully they return our passports before 9th August as i need to travel to my home country on 9th August. Will be doing my landing at the airport when i return.

This is very good information mate. This means they have plan B for applicants to send their passports. Because of the potential lockdown can occur at any time, PO Box address of canada post is not there. This makes me feel hopeful again. Lockdown wont be delaying pprs it seems.

Anyway, congrats. with private courier company your passport delivery will be safer and on time.

SAYING : WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS FOR GOOD. MANY CONGRATS MAN.

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
cec2014kum said:
This is very good information mate. This means they have plan B for applicants to send their passports. Because of the potential lockdown can occur at any time, PO Box address of canada post is not there. This makes me feel hopeful again. Lockdown wont be delaying pprs it seems.

Anyway, congrats. with private courier company your passport delivery will be safer and on time.

SAYING : WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS FOR GOOD. MANY CONGRATS MAN.
Thanks. Well i trust courier to be on time compared to canada post.
Canada post delayed my pr application delivery by 1 day, they did that again with my trv application. One day delay = atleast a week or two delay in pr processing as we all know.

The good thing about canada post is they refund the amount if they dont deliver on guaranteed date.
Not sure about others. But in case of PR time is more imp than money.

SamuelWang

Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
05-Jan-2015
Med's Request
27-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
16-Mar-2016
Called CIC this Friday, my security check has been completed. Hope ppr come soon.

benq

Star Member
Dec 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My aplication staus finally change to DM but the result is still unknow.
my timeline is

1.We received your application for permanent residence on August 11, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 4, 2014.
3.We started processing your application on November 4, 2014.
4.Medical results have been received.
5.We sent you correspondence on May 3, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6.We sent you correspondence on June 23, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

anybody on the sameboat?

SamuelWang

Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
05-Jan-2015
Med's Request
27-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
16-Mar-2016

immanuelk

Feb 5, 2016
I also have same timeline, but my application is still in process. The call center agent said that as per the note the process is complete and ready for visa. But he said technically they have time till December this year to make a decision and send response. Could anybody guide me as to how much time will it actually take to make a decision?

sourabhkapoor

Jan 28, 2016
1 We received your application for permanent residence on August 11, 2014.
2 We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 10, 2014.
3 We started processing your application on November 11, 2014.
4 We sent you correspondence on February 10, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5 We sent you correspondence on March 21, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6 Medical results have been received.

RPRF paid in March 2016.

File showing still in process, someone please suggest. Don't know what to do.
Really frustrated with CIC.

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
sourabhkapoor said:
We received your application for permanent residence on August 11, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 10, 2014.
We started processing your application on November 11, 2014.
We sent you correspondence on February 10, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you correspondence on March 21, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Medical results have been received.

Don't know what to do.
Really frustrated with CIC.
Wait. I'm waiting too.

sourabhkapoor

Jan 28, 2016
I am waiting no other choice.
There is no timeline with CIC.
Cannot concentrate on job as unlimited waiting makes anxious and depress and affecting family.

Joseph1985

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Waiting for ever no other choices for us guys..
October 6th Applicant,RPRF and Medical done on May 4th.
No contact after, called CIC last week reply was "you have to wait ..."

erichome

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
benq said:
My aplication staus finally change to DM but the result is still unknow.
my timeline is

1.We received your application for permanent residence on August 11, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 4, 2014.
3.We started processing your application on November 4, 2014.
4.Medical results have been received.
5.We sent you correspondence on May 3, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6.We sent you correspondence on June 23, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

anybody on the sameboat?
Congratulations. DM means "pass" at this stage, but the waiting is still far from ending. I waited two weeks to receive PPR after DM, then 2+ weeks for landing confirmation letter. Even though we complete all application procedures, we still need to wait two more months for PR card, especially considering the Canada Post's strike.

benq

Star Member
Dec 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erichome said:
Congratulations. DM means "pass" at this stage, but the waiting is still far from ending. I waited two weeks to receive PPR after DM, then 2+ weeks for landing confirmation letter. Even though we complete all application procedures, we still need to wait two more months for PR card, especially considering the Canada Post's strike.
tks bro. No I am living in China, how could I mail my passport to CIC( cause someone said WE CAN ONLY USE CANADA COUTIOR) and how could they send back the big package from CANADA to China. Am I TOO NAIVE ;D

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
benq said:
tks bro. No I am living in China, how could I mail my passport to CIC( cause someone said WE CAN ONLY USE CANADA COUTIOR) and how could they send back the big package from CANADA to China. Am I TOO NAIVE ;D
You need to change cic office to a local china cic office.

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
Just called CIC and the agent was very aggressive. I was very calm and patient and was speaking nicely. He was very rude in tone and wasn't cooperating. He didn't even get my application number and asked me to wait until VO contacts me. My last update in June was security checks are in progress. I said F you and disconnected. May the wrath of god be with him.

Timelines: Sep 24, 2014 applicant
AOR: Feb 14, 2015
Spouse added: Jan 26, 2016
Medicals request: April 26
Medicals received: May 9

No further updates since then and my BOWP expires next month. God please help us.