+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Albertan2017

May 13, 2021
Good news today... My medicals were finally extended! AOR April 14, 2020. Logged in, saw there was an update, and medical status now says Review of medical results - June 22, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

They had originally expired in Jan 2021. Background and eligibility are still showing in progress, but hopefully the wait is not much longer. To everyone else still waiting, I know how hard it is. All we can do is be patient... Hopefully this gives someone hope.

Albertan2017

May 13, 2021
Good news today... My medicals were finally extended! AOR April 14, 2020. Logged in, saw there was an update, and medical status now says Review of medical results - June 22, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

They had originally expired in Jan 2021. Background and eligibility are still showing in progress, but hopefully the wait is not much longer. To everyone else still waiting, I know how hard it is. All we can do is be patient... Hopefully this gives someone hope.
Just received the email from IRCC to confirm last entry into Canada and to get access to virtual landing portal one day after medicals were extended. Have hope, they are slowly working these applications. We haven't been completely forgotten!

jbpadilha

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-04-2020
I called the IRCC asking for advice, but I'm still uncertain because there is no documentation for it.
Everything passed as the agent said, but it's still on security started since 14th June.
Currently, I'm under BOWP with any employer, but I applied for a PR using LMIA points. Now, I'm afraid if I switch my job, they will recalculate my application.
Please @legalfalcon can you give me some advice?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I called the IRCC asking for advice, but I'm still uncertain because there is no documentation for it.
Everything passed as the agent said, but it's still on security started since 14th June.
Currently, I'm under BOWP with any employer, but I applied for a PR using LMIA points. Now, I'm afraid if I switch my job, they will recalculate my application.
Please @legalfalcon can you give me some advice?

If you claimed points for arrange offer of employment, then one of the conditions was that the offer letter should have is that the offer would be "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa."

If you change employer's this offer letter will not longer be valid and neither will the condition of "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa."

Reactions: jbpadilha

jbpadilha

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-04-2020
If you claimed points for arrange offer of employment, then one of the conditions was that the offer letter should have is that the offer would be "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa."

If you change employer's this offer letter will not longer be valid and neither will the condition of "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa."
Thanks. even though my application is from 28/04/2020, I still have to wait for the PR be issued and be in the company for more one year to claim 50 points?? It has been more than 14 months already

jenjenjenn

Feb 18, 2020
Thanks. even though my application is from 28/04/2020, I still have to wait for the PR be issued and be in the company for more one year to claim 50 points?? It has been more than 14 months already

OMG.. exactly same story
CEC aor on March 3, 2020 (that time I got extra 50 through lmia so I was able to reach the point over 500... which was the stupidest decision I ever made..)

Biometrics March 13, 2020

Since then, no update.. I received Gnote and it shows all passed.. but still awaiting for the final decision.

I am thinking to withdraw this application and submit another application even though it will cost me 1.6k..

Vikram_GTA

Aug 14, 2020
Anyone with AOR in month of Feb 2020 still waiting for COPR?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEC, CRS score: 488
AOR Feb 9 2020 , Bio 24 Feb 2020, RCMP April 10, Criminality still in progress

Vikram_GTA

Aug 14, 2020
In just few weeks it will be 18 months since my PR file is received by IRCC and I called Client support center many times but there is no progress on my file.

Jagwant Singh

May 22, 2018
My case,
FSW outland,
ielts cleared in September 2017 it expired in September 2019.
Created EE profile in September October 2018 and received ITA in October 2018 submitted ITA and received aor 5th November 2108 and ielts validity was less than 12 months during EE creation this situation triggered red flag by default in ircc system once ielts expired, Hence I have been asked to submit new ielts TRF.

I tried the case by showing them that it was valid during ITA submission and for many months even after AOR then they should consider it but they are still asking for new ielts TRF.
Is anyone else facing this situation? Many applications might have expired ielts due to no progress on applications because of covid -19.