+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Given the delays it is impossible to know if you will get COPR before your PGWP expires. Why can’t you just wait until you get PR to come to Canada? The progress bar is just an estimate based on precovid processing times. Impossible to know if medicals will be extended or requested again.
Thank you for your reply.

We are expecting in January. If my spouse gets re- med, likely we will opt-out and deliver here.
Now: I really really want to be here end of January with my spouse and I do not want to be without a valid status as well!

- The ideal scenario would be: I get re-med, my spouse gets an extension and we get PPR and deliver there. ( Frankly, I don't have a history of being that lucky).
-What I am thinking is: If I travel right now and apply for BOWP on 1st October [ 4 months validity left, WP expires on 30 Jan 2020 ]. The problem with that is processing times posted right now is 189 days. So I might not be able to travel or I have to travel during an implied status [ Which I want to ovoid]

So what options do I have?

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Thank you for your reply.

We are expecting in January. If my spouse gets re- med, likely we will opt-out and deliver here.
Now: I really really want to be here end of January with my spouse and I do not want to be without a valid status as well!

- The ideal scenario would be: I get re-med, my spouse gets an extension and we get PPR and deliver there. ( Frankly, I don't have a history of being that lucky).
-What I am thinking is: If I travel right now and apply for BOWP on 1st October [ 4 months validity left, WP expires on 30 Jan 2020 ]. The problem with that is processing times posted right now is 189 days. So I might not be able to travel or I have to travel during an implied status [ Which I want to ovoid]

So what options do I have?
@legalfalcon waiting for your response

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi Bud, I hope you can spare a quick sec to my concern below!

My Aor: 22 april. CEC inland -File in Ottawa

I got my gcms and found that my file hasn't really moved since eligibility passed by an officer on July 16. I am concerned as its been almost 2 months since eligibility passed and My security is still not initiated.

I completed my biometrics on Aug 04.

Info sharing and Criminality is in process ever since R10 on June 12.
Though I see lots of correspondence in info sharing and criminally and everything looks good. Even analyst recommended it passed during R10 check on June 12. Still, it's not updated as passed. My spouse criminality says as Passed-bio, mine says in progress. Spouse criminally was passed the same day as biometrics has given (Aug 04) [most likely automatic trigger], while mine was not updated on that day even though both of my Criminality sub-activity says NTR.

I called yesterday and the same status. Eligibility passed, Info sharing & Criminality in-process, and Security not initiated. Medical passed ( but I see in gcms it said re-evaluation for PA, as it was only valid for 5 months 13 days, expiring on October 3]

Do you know, why there is a delay? especially for security.
I wish I could attach my gcms here for you to have a quick look.
Have you given your biometrics?

Reactions: Walle_007

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thank you for your comment.

[Info sharing and Criminality is in progress ever since the R10 check by the program assistant]

My med is valid till Oct 3rd, 2020 and my spouses are valid till October 21st, 2020, and out 6 months ends on October 22.

The program assistant did R10 > Case analyst did all the stuff and recommendations > officer passed

Case analyst in his recommendations said. MINNIMUM REQUIRMENTS: Apprer met Outstanding documents [Not requested] Meds= All not valid for 6 months or more, PA- Med passed Re-evaluation required [date] Spouse: passed [date] Passport: All valid for 6 m or more

For spouse, they simply said passed [ Note: my spouse med was valid for exact 6 months, though I thought they were valid for 5 months and 29 days]. They have not asked my med yet.

I want to ask you should I complete my Med right now or wait for their instructions? Are they going to asking my Spouse re-med too?? [ its very important for me to know as it will change lots of things for us]. or is there a chance they will extend her and asked mine or asked us both to re do meds?

Also there was a due date for assignment for august 28 where I hoped someone might look at my file and mark criminality and info sharing complete and iniciate security but I found out yesterday there has not been any change.

Whether to extend the medicals or ask for re-meds is at the discretion of the officer. Some applicants have gone ahead and re done the meds to make the processes faster.

After all checks are complete and stages done, during the final review it is seen if all documents (passport) and meds are valid. This is when a decision on extension or re-meds is made.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Whether to extend the medicals or ask for re-meds is at the discretion of the officer. Some applicants have gone ahead and re done the meds to make the processes faster.

After all checks are complete and stages done, during the final review it is seen if all documents (passport) and meds are valid. This is when a decision on extension or re-meds is made.
I think I should wait for their instructions for re med. If they only ask mine, Great! If they they ask for spouses re -med too then we have to opt out for x ray and complete it after January.
I don't see anyway of being with my spouse at due date and having valid status as well, as both pgwp and due date is end of January.
Bowp seems impossible too as processing time is 189 days now a days.

@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I think I should wait for their instructions for re med. If they only ask mine, Great! If they they ask for spouses re -med too then we have to opt out for x ray and complete it after January.
I don't see anyway of being with my spouse at due date and having valid status as well, as both pgwp and due date is end of January.
Bowp seems impossible too as processing time is 189 days now a days.

@legalfalcon
For BOWP, you do not have to have it approved, you only have to file the application.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
For BOWP, you do not have to have it approved, you only have to file the application.
Oh wait. Do you mean if I file the BOWP, let's say in December. I travel back home in January 2020. So towards end January when my work permit expires and I will have this implied status, can I go back to Canada on BOWP implied status ? Coz I wud not have visa stamp to travel back.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Oh wait. Do you mean if I file the BOWP, let's say in December. I travel back home in January 2020. So towards end January when my work permit expires and I will have this implied status, can I go back to Canada on BOWP implied status ? Coz I wud not have visa stamp to travel back.
Implied status is granted the Immigration Law procedures. This means that IRCC will not send you a document that confirms you have implied status, nor tell you what you can or cannot do while under implied status. The only way to show or prove your implied status in Canada is to keep a filed copy of your application, along with proof that it has been delivered to the appropriate immigration office (AOR). This in itself is only a proof of your implied status.

Persons under implied status can continue to visit, work or study, under the same conditions as their expired visa / permit as the case may be until a decision is made on their application.

Implied status continues to exist even if the person benefiting from it departs Canada. Therefore, such individuals who are on implied status, continue to have legal immigration status when they re-enter Canada without having to make a new application to enter the country.

There is however a small catch. If a person departs Canada and later returns under implied status, they can no longer work or study under the same conditions of their expired visa / permits. Also, a valid multiple entry visa will be required for the individual to return to Canada. As long as you have a valid visa to reenter, you implied status will continue to exist.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Implied status is granted the Immigration Law procedures. This means that IRCC will not send you a document that confirms you have implied status, nor tell you what you can or cannot do while under implied status. The only way to show or prove your implied status in Canada is to keep a filed copy of your application, along with proof that it has been delivered to the appropriate immigration office (AOR). This in itself is only a proof of your implied status.

Persons under implied status can continue to visit, work or study, under the same conditions as their expired visa / permit as the case may be until a decision is made on their application.

Implied status continues to exist even if the person benefiting from it departs Canada. Therefore, such individuals who are on implied status, continue to have legal immigration status when they re-enter Canada without having to make a new application to enter the country.

There is however a small catch. If a person departs Canada and later returns under implied status, they can no longer work or study under the same conditions of their expired visa / permits. Also, a valid multiple entry visa will be required for the individual to return to Canada. As long as you have a valid visa to reenter, you implied status will continue to exist.
Thank you for such detailed reply.

My visa expires same day as work permit, end of January.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for such detailed reply.

My visa expires same day as work permit, end of January.
If your visa expires, then you will not be able to return, unless you get another TRV.

Bulldog90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hello Guys,
I would really appreciate it if anyone could answer my question:
please is there a way to apply for PR under Canadian Experience Class without via paper base without express entry? I am not eligible for express due to my low score of 5.5 on IELTS. English proficiency requirement for Canadian Experience Class NOC B is 5 on all bands while express entry is CLB 7 on all bands. Is there a way or me to opt out for paper base since i didn't meet the requirement for express entry.

Sunil1726

May 21, 2020
Hello All, Do let me know if anyone got call from Service canada for Biometric appointment . If yes, please share you Date of AOR.

yalink

Apr 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
Hello All, Do let me know if anyone got call from Service canada for Biometric appointment . If yes, please share you Date of AOR.
I got a call today. AOR May 8th.