+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

kay2020

May 14, 2020
Hi everyone, please I have a question. I submitted my application with a letter of explanation for my medicals on April 26th, I have been waiting for them to send me a medical request but they have not. I saw from a different group that people are going ahead to do their upfront medicals and submitting them through the web form. Please has anyone done this or in this shoes

Stillbefree

Apr 27, 2017
Hi everyone, please I have a question. I submitted my application with a letter of explanation for my medicals on April 26th, I have been waiting for them to send me a medical request but they have not. I saw from a different group that people are going ahead to do their upfront medicals and submitting them through the web form. Please has anyone done this or in this shoes
I don't think you have to wait for a medical request. I had also submitted my application with a LOE and then once the medical facilities opened up I went ahead and did my medicals. I think you should do the same. My application is from within Canada.

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
No updates yet!

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Any idea on the timelines for CEC candidates. I have been reading a lot in other forums that IRCC is currently prioritizing the inland applications. In that case, I am expecting reduced processing time.

reenu85

Jul 17, 2020
Hi All,

I have a UG (B.Sc.) & PG (MCA) degree. When I submitted to WES Canada, the UG transcripts reached them very late from India (due to COVID). They got my UG degree, PG degree, PG transcripts early. And they completed an evaluation of my PG degree and provided me a final letter with only PG (Masters) in it.

When I checked with WES, they told "we are yet to receive your UG transcripts, once we get it you need to provide us a written letter to start evaluating those. And during this, the previous WES issued letter will get invalidated".

Last week when I checked with WES, they confirmed that my UG transcripts reached them. I need to submit all docs to CIC by next week for my ITA received.

Please advise what to do. I do see the below options.

1. Set WES evaluated to YES only for PG and NO for UG and submit it.
2. Set YES to PG and remove UG in the study experience. Mention UG only in personal history.

Appreciate your early response.

kay2020

May 14, 2020
I don't think you have to wait for a medical request. I had also submitted my application with a LOE and then once the medical facilities opened up I went ahead and did my medicals. I think you should do the same. My application is from within Canada.
Thank you so much

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
@legalfalcon Hi Bud, I hope you can spare a quick sec to my concern below!

My Aor: 22 april. CEC inland -File in Ottawa

I got my gcms and found that my file hasn't really moved since eligibility passed by an officer on July 16. I am concerned as its been almost 2 months since eligibility passed and My security is still not initiated.

I completed my biometrics on Aug 04.

Info sharing and Criminality is in process ever since R10 on June 12.
Though I see lots of correspondence in info sharing and criminally and everything looks good. Even analyst recommended it passed during R10 check on June 12. Still, it's not updated as passed. My spouse criminality says as Passed-bio, mine says in progress. Spouse criminally was passed the same day as biometrics has given (Aug 04) [most likely automatic trigger], while mine was not updated on that day even though both of my Criminality sub-activity says NTR.

I called yesterday and the same status. Eligibility passed, Info sharing & Criminality in-process, and Security not initiated. Medical passed ( but I see in gcms it said re-evaluation for PA, as it was only valid for 5 months 13 days, expiring on October 3]

Do you know, why there is a delay? especially for security.
I wish I could attach my gcms here for you to have a quick look.

Hope@Canada

Oct 1, 2018
Hi All, Is there anyone here who is having the following status as mine.
AOR - 30 Apr 2020
Medical Passed - 20 Jul 2020
BIL Received - 20 Aug 2020 (Unable to provide as Service Canada Offices aren't open for Biometrics)
Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Background Check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I haven't applied for any GCMR notes till today. Do you guys suggest applying for one?

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020

I got my gcms and found that my file hasn't really moved since eligibility passed by an officer on July 16. I am concerned as its been almost 2 months since eligibility passed and My security is still not initiated.

Though I see lots of correspondence in info sharing and criminally and everything looks good. Even analyst recommended it passed during R10 check on June 12. Still, it's not updated as passed. My spouse criminality says as Passed-bio, mine says in progress. Spouse criminally was passed the same day as biometrics has given (Aug 04) [most likely automatic trigger], while mine was not updated on that day even though both of my Criminality sub-activity says NTR.

I called yesterday and the same status. Eligibility passed, Info sharing & Criminality in-process, and Security not initiated. Medical passed ( but I see in gcms it said re-evaluation for PA, as it was only valid for 5 months 13 days, expiring on October 3]

Mate,
Could you tell me how you could complete biometrics on Aug 04th? I'm waiting to do biometrics from April due to Service Canada closure.

..and I do not know the answer to your question. But, I would suggest you to post your question in the below thread. I see many seniors giving near authentic replies there. The below thread is very active and any questions on GCMS notes are answered there.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Hi All, Is there anyone here who is having the following status as mine.
AOR - 30 Apr 2020
Medical Passed - 20 Jul 2020
BIL Received - 20 Aug 2020 (Unable to provide as Service Canada Offices aren't open for Biometrics)
Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Background Check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I haven't applied for any GCMR notes till today. Do you guys suggest applying for one?
Yes. GCMS note is the only way to get a detailed status of your application. Portal values are not updated accurately.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

You are just 4 months in. No need to worry and given that your eligibility is passed, the only thing remaining is security which should not take much time.

How long are your meds valid for?

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
You are just 4 months in. No need to worry and given that your eligibility is passed, the only thing remaining is security which should not take much time.

How long are your meds valid for?
@legalfalcon Thank you for your comment.

[Info sharing and Criminality is in progress ever since the R10 check by the program assistant]

My med is valid till Oct 3rd, 2020 and my spouses are valid till October 21st, 2020, and out 6 months ends on October 22.

The program assistant did R10 > Case analyst did all the stuff and recommendations > officer passed

Case analyst in his recommendations said. MINNIMUM REQUIRMENTS: Apprer met Outstanding documents [Not requested] Meds= All not valid for 6 months or more, PA- Med passed Re-evaluation required [date] Spouse: passed [date] Passport: All valid for 6 m or more

For spouse, they simply said passed [ Note: my spouse med was valid for exact 6 months, though I thought they were valid for 5 months and 29 days]. They have not asked my med yet.

I want to ask you should I complete my Med right now or wait for their instructions? Are they going to asking my Spouse re-med too?? [ its very important for me to know as it will change lots of things for us]. or is there a chance they will extend her and asked mine or asked us both to re do meds?

Also there was a due date for assignment for august 28 where I hoped someone might look at my file and mark criminality and info sharing complete and iniciate security but I found out yesterday there has not been any change.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Mate,
Could you tell me how you could complete biometrics on Aug 04th? I'm waiting to do biometrics from April due to Service Canada closure.

..and I do not know the answer to your question. But, I would suggest you to post your question in the below thread. I see many seniors giving near authentic replies there. The below thread is very active and any questions on GCMS notes are answered there.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/
Thank you. I and my spouse completed our Biometrics backhome.

Reactions: ncrohith

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@legalfalcon Thank you for your comment.

[Info sharing and Criminality is in progress ever since the R10 check by the program assistant]

My med is valid till Oct 3rd, 2020 and my spouses are valid till October 21st, 2020, and out 6 months ends on October 22.

The program assistant did R10 > Case analyst did all the stuff and recommendations > officer passed

Case analyst in his recommendations said. MINNIMUM REQUIRMENTS: Apprer met Outstanding documents [Not requested] Meds= All not valid for 6 months or more, PA- Med passed Re-evaluation required [date] Spouse: passed [date] Passport: All valid for 6 m or more

For spouse, they simply said passed [ Note: my spouse med was valid for exact 6 months, though I thought they were valid for 5 months and 29 days]. They have not asked my med yet.

I want to ask you should I complete my Med right now or wait for their instructions? Are they going to asking my Spouse re-med too?? [ its very important for me to know as it will change lots of things for us]. or is there a chance they will extend her and asked mine or asked us both to re do meds?

Also there was a due date for assignment for august 28 where I hoped someone might look at my file and mark criminality and info sharing complete and iniciate security but I found out yesterday there has not been any change.
Given the delays it is impossible to know if you will get COPR before your PGWP expires. Why can’t you just wait until you get PR to come to Canada? The progress bar is just an estimate based on precovid processing times. Impossible to know if medicals will be extended or requested again.

Reactions: Walle_007