+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

sophienz

Apr 29, 2020
Hi there. I'm just curious on no2. What documents were you missing then? Did you submit a letter of explanation in lieu of that document?An did you not reapply immediately with complete documents? I just want to learn too from your experience. Hope you can share. Thank you.
Last year was a stupid mistake on my part. I am a veterinarian and had been working in Ontario so I assumed that my Ontario Veterinary license meant that I had the 'Canadian qualifications' for my degree. This was wrong - I needed an ECA. Which I have now. My mistake was being far too casual the first time I applied and not digging into what things I needed more.
The other thing they mentioned was that my spouse's educational documents did not have a certified translation done. His veterinary degree is from Peru, but he has had translations done of this and we also had an ECA done for his degree so I am hoping that is adequate enough this time.

I could not reapply straight away because getting an ECA done takes a long time.

So to learn from me - make sure you do your research before submitting anything!! I was very naive in assuming that my canadian vet license would be proof enough that my NZ vet degree is legit.

purvakwiki

Oct 24, 2016
Last year was a stupid mistake on my part. I am a veterinarian and had been working in Ontario so I assumed that my Ontario Veterinary license meant that I had the 'Canadian qualifications' for my degree. This was wrong - I needed an ECA. Which I have now. My mistake was being far too casual the first time I applied and not digging into what things I needed more.
The other thing they mentioned was that my spouse's educational documents did not have a certified translation done. His veterinary degree is from Peru, but he has had translations done of this and we also had an ECA done for his degree so I am hoping that is adequate enough this time.

I could not reapply straight away because getting an ECA done takes a long time.

So to learn from me - make sure you do your research before submitting anything!! I was very naive in assuming that my canadian vet license would be proof enough that my NZ vet degree is legit.
Gotcha

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello seniors, Can you help me here?

I am currently on WP and will be continuing to work with same employer after PR. I have got 50 points for the job offer. Does the below content from my offer letter is enough to prove i have future employment after PR, (or) should the words be specifically mentioning for more than 1 years.

"XXXX is on deputation at Canada since XXXXX and operates from Toronto, ON. He will be continuously working full time with XXXXXX in Canada for non-seasonal and indeterminate period."

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Hi,

I also got the ITA on 16th Apr. Now the problem is my wife and daughter are in India for some family function in Feb and their return tickets are in march but due to lockdown tickets were canceled and now don't know at what time they come back to Canada.

1) Is it OK, if my wife and daughter do their medical in India? Yes, Medicals can be given anywhere, They are valid till 1 yr from the date of medical exam & tagged to an UCI(Unique Client Identifier).
2) If she applies for PCC form India is it OK? - If they have stayed in Canada for more than 6 months, They would still need an PCC from Indian Consultate/Embassy of Canada.

Thank you.
Please find the reply to the questions.

ketulp_patel

Dec 25, 2018

I am currently on WP and will be continuing to work with same employer after PR. I have got 50 points for the job offer. Does the below content from my offer letter is enough to prove i have future employment after PR, (or) should the words be specifically mentioning for more than 1 years.

"XXXX is on deputation at Canada since XXXXX and operates from Toronto, ON. He will be continuously working full time with XXXXXX in Canada for non-seasonal and indeterminate period."

I have the same situation as yours and I am planning to capture similar notes in my current job employment record however I don't know it's right or wrong.

Njn

May 4, 2020
You do not have to give any proof of funds.
Just upload a letter of explanation stating that as a CEC applicant you are not required to upload any
Does the same applies to someone living outside canada? Just moved out. Thanks

Njn

May 4, 2020
Hi, i have received my ITA. In the application I didn’t add my job in bangladesh in work history where I resigned 8 years ago. But its coming into my personal history section. Do I have to add it in work history as well? For sure it will add some extra hassle of collecting reference letter but if needed should collect the documents. Looking for your suggestions. Thanks

Last edited:

amathur74

May 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I got an ITA on April 16th under CEC. My IELTS score is expiring on May 12, 2020. I have all the documents including medical certificate but my PCC is still under process. BLS is taking 3-4 weeks for the same. So my question(s) are:

1. Can I submit my application without a PCC? I can provide the application details including screen shots from BLS etc. Will not having a completed police verification make my application incomplete and result in rejection?
2. If I do wait for police verification to come through, my IELTS score will expire. I have tried to write another exam but all IELTS centers are closed. I even paid for exam but got a refund and cancellation notice from BRITTS.

What should I do? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Ashish

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
hi everyone,

if anyone can tell me how long these things will take?

1) I just submitted my PCC through BLS (purolator - shipment) today how long they will take to issue my Indian PCC?
2) Just given my RCMP biometric through private agent.. how long this will take?
3) Any medical appointments available asap? in GTA

Thanks

amathur74

May 5, 2020
hi everyone,

if anyone can tell me how long these things will take?

1) I just submitted my PCC through BLS (purolator - shipment) today how long they will take to issue my Indian PCC?
2) Just given my RCMP biometric through private agent.. how long this will take?
3) Any medical appointments available asap? in GTA

Thanks
For Medical in GTA - Contact visadoctor.ca... I got it done with them last week.
For PCC - I applied on April 21, they opened my application on April 30th and it's still in processing.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Your application will be rejected if you don't upload PCC. BLS should give you PCC in a week. I got it last month but don't know the current processing time due to COVID19.
Hello Everyone,

I got an ITA on April 16th under CEC. My IELTS score is expiring on May 12, 2020. I have all the documents including medical certificate but my PCC is still under process. BLS is taking 3-4 weeks for the same. So my question(s) are:

1. Can I submit my application without a PCC? I can provide the application details including screen shots from BLS etc. Will not having a completed police verification make my application incomplete and result in rejection?
2. If I do wait for police verification to come through, my IELTS score will expire. I have tried to write another exam but all IELTS centers are closed. I even paid for exam but got a refund and cancellation notice from BRITTS.

What should I do? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Ashish
It will not be rejected. IRCC has already said that they will not reject any application due to missing documents. Just upload LOE with proof that you are trying to get it and submit your application before your IELTS expire. Once your IELTS expires, your ITA will be nil.

amathur74

May 5, 2020
Your application will be rejected if you don't upload PCC. BLS should give you PCC in a week. I got it last month but don't know the current processing time due to COVID19.
It will not be rejected. IRCC has already said that they will not reject any application due to missing documents. Just upload LOE with proof that you are trying to get it and submit your application before your IELTS expire. Once your IELTS expires, your ITA will be nil.
Perfect. That's what I heard. I am trying to get through the call center but just not able to connect to any agent. I was thinking submit my application with an LOE of my application to BLS and screen shot / email confirmation of application status. And once I get the PCC then use webform to upload the same.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other

You can refer to the recent pages on this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-got-ppr-who-applied-with-50-additional-point-ict-cec-inland.481071/page-26

Reactions: jpshya

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
For Medical in GTA - Contact visadoctor.ca... I got it done with them last week.
For PCC - I applied on April 21, they opened my application on April 30th and it's still in processing.
hay thanks,

how do you know they opened your application?