+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Askani

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Quebec, Montreal
Visa Office......
Pakistan, Karachi
I have got ITA on 9th April as well. I have booked my medical exam for 1st May and they required an IME number. I wrote NA instead of IME number. Did anyone submit their application without medical?

Chennyttran

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
1. Medical should be good if it did not expire which is one year after taking the medical exam.

2.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

you will have to give Biometrics every time you apply for PR.

3. I am not in a best position to answer this. Hopefully, somebody else will be able to shed some light on it.
I'm in the same situation with his spouse. I had my medical exam last October 2019, which should be good till October 2020. However, I'm worried that with the covid issue going on, they will take longer to process applications. I only have 6 months left on my medical result. If they take more than 6 months to process, my medical will be expired and I will have to book another appointment for it again

Reactions: Walle_007

DorrenD

Apr 12, 2020
Hi, guys. I got ITA on April 9. I have all the docs ready for submission except Medical exam and Biometric fingerprint. Can I submit my application now, and then waiting for RICC informs me to do medical and fingerprint, cuz nowhere can do these two things during COVID 19. Thanks

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I worked as food service supervisor from 2018 aug to 2019 sep. After that I quit that job there. Since then I didnt work for 5 mnths,then i have been doing uber eats. Will this affect my PR ? I already got my AOR on 7th of April.

Rangana

Jul 23, 2015
Hi, guys. I got ITA on April 9. I have all the docs ready for submission except Medical exam and Biometric fingerprint. Can I submit my application now, and then waiting for RICC informs me to do medical and fingerprint, cuz nowhere can do these two things during COVID 19. Thanks
Hi,
Are you in post ITA stage ? Just wondering why you have to submit fingerprint before submitting the application. I think I’m missing something. I was invited under CEC and haven’t submitted my application yet. Could you please explain me about Biometric fingerprint? TIA

DorrenD

Apr 12, 2020
Hi,
Are you in post ITA stage ? Just wondering why you have to submit fingerprint before submitting the application. I think I’m missing something. I was invited under CEC and haven’t submitted my application yet. Could you please explain me about Biometric fingerprint? TIA
Since Dec 3rd, 2019, we have to give fingerprints n photo when we apply for Visa, that's what I thought.

Reactions: Rangana

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
I'm in the same situation with his spouse. I had my medical exam last October 2019, which should be good till October 2020. However, I'm worried that with the covid issue going on, they will take longer to process applications. I only have 6 months left on my medical result. If they take more than 6 months to process, my medical will be expired and I will have to book another appointment for it again
Your documents get locked after you submit your application to IRCC even if they are expiring soon. Make sure that they are valid until you receive your AOR.

DorrenD

Apr 12, 2020
Biometrics will be requested after you submit your application. CIC will send you a letter in your account regarding that after you submit your PR application.
Thank you very much. How about the Medical exam? Same as Biometrics will be requested afterward? I've already submitted my PR application coz I need file Number to bridging my work permit extension.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Thank you very much. How about the Medical exam? Same as Biometrics will be requested afterward? I've already submitted my PR application coz I need file Number to bridging my work permit extension.
In short, you'll be fine if you have uploaded LOE stating that. Since Medical exams are suspended until further notice, LOE in the documents should do the job, until they open the medical exams again. BTW, I was able to book an appointment for my medical for April 15. I hope they don't cancel it.

Reactions: DorrenD

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
I worked as food service supervisor from 2018 aug to 2019 sep. After that I quit that job there. Since then I didnt work for 5 mnths,then i have been doing uber eats. Will this affect my PR ? I already got my AOR on 7th of April.
Did you update your last month worked in your profile?

singkm

Apr 10, 2020
Hello, I just received my ITA under CEC class today. However, one strange thing is that I declared my work history (full-time in Canada) from May, 2019 (the actual date is 21st May, 2019) but I got point for 1 year of Canadian work experience and got a ITA today. I expect to receive a ITA in a draw at early of May, 2020 then I will decline it and wait for the draw after 21st May, 2020.

Does anyone experience this before? I guess it's a system error?
yes dont accept it as my 1year was done on 1Apr so have withdrawn profile before that as i was getting extra points beforehand. I talk on some forums and they told when u accept it should be vlaid for u. U should wait and arrange documents accept when 1year is fully completely so that u are on safe side.

singkm

Apr 10, 2020
any idea how long is this brdinging open work permit?

singkm

Apr 10, 2020
I have a doubt about PCC to be submitted.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row

Question-1. If i was working in South Korea since 2014 and going for few weeks annually to India on vacations does this means my 6month in a row ends in 2014 when i left for korea?. I have PCC issued in my last India vacation trip but its 1day before my flight from there. So i feel it should be ok as anyway 6month row is not satisfied by my vacation short trips.

Question-2. My wife was working in India from 2016-Jan2019 but she has travelled to Korea in 11Jan-1Feb2019 and than again to India from 1Feb-15Feb2019 and than back to Korea. So her 6months in a row ends in Jan2019 when she left India. After that she also was on short vacation in Feb and got PCC on 14Feb2019..

Am i rightly thinking that we don;t need to get fresh PCC as 14Feb2019 covers our 6month row duration for both of us. Please help us out as its very problematic to get PCC done now due to covid lockdown and all shops etc for getting photos etc are closed now.