+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Got ITA today. CRS 465
I have a couple of questions.

As my PNP application is in the process, I and my spouse (outland) have done medical and biometrics already last year.

1. I did medical in Sep 2019 and spouse in Oct 2019. Can we use this medication in our express application?
  2. Spouse (outland) also did biometrics in Oct 2019, valid for 10 years. how can I add that biometric in the express application?
  3. I am currently visiting back home and stuck here coz of COVID 19 and I do not have a current job in Canada ( though I do have arrangements with couple of employers who are willing to employ me when I come back) but considering I do not have any current job, would it affect my CEC application anyway?
Thank you guys,

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi folks! How are you guys providing proof of financial support? I was of the understanding that CEC candidates are not required to provide this, however, it is listed as one of the required documents on my portal. See below for an excerpt from the CIC site.

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

We’ve updated the table that shows how much money you need to settle in Canada. To stay eligible, you may need to update your settlement fund numbers in your Express Entry profile. The update must be done no later than February 25, 2020.
Updating your profile doesn’t change the date and time that we received it, so you’ll keep your rank if you’re in a tie-breaker situation.
Proof of funds is how you show us that you have enough money to settle in Canada. If we invite you to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.
Who needs proof of funds
You need proof of funds to meet the minimum requirements of the
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if
  • you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
What I read and heard that we need to attach a draft paper there writing " Applying under CEC hence not required to provide proof of funds". Seniors can confirm this???

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi folks! How are you guys providing proof of financial support? I was of the understanding that CEC candidates are not required to provide this, however, it is listed as one of the required documents on my portal. See below for an excerpt from the CIC site.

We’ve updated the table that shows how much money you need to settle in Canada. To stay eligible, you may need to update your settlement fund numbers in your Express Entry profile. The update must be done no later than February 25, 2020.
Updating your profile doesn’t change the date and time that we received it, so you’ll keep your rank if you’re in a tie-breaker situation.
Proof of funds is how you show us that you have enough money to settle in Canada. If we invite you to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.
Who needs proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if
I imagine that the idea is, if you have been living and working here and you qualify for CEC, you must be able to financially support yourself.

shaan02

Apr 10, 2020
Hi,
I have got ITA under CEC.
my wife is Canadian and we have two kids (one step child)
it is asking me to include information of all my family memebers including family member prrof of status for my wife and two kids.
i am not sure what to upload it is.
can anyone help me.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
I am the primary applicant and my dependent is completing 1 year in the end of may, But in today's draw additionally 5 points are added so my total crs score increased to 465 and i got the invitation.

My question is whether can i accept the invitation OR I have to decline or i have to wait until she completes 1 year? Can any clarify my question.
View this thread

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-ita-but-still-1-year-canadian-work-experience-not-completed.635075/

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi, i just received my ITA yesterday too.. and same scenario with the others, I'm one month away on my 1 year experience.. but i did not decline the invitation. has anyone booked a medical in Calgary area?

Last edited:

Anshul001

Apr 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Happy Easter! My question is that i am at CRS score of 451 in CEC category and was wondering what are the chances of my application to get accepted.
How many people you guys think are in the 450+ list from CEC category.

Thank you.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Got ITA today. CRS 465

As my PNP application is in the process, I and my spouse (outland) have done medical and biometrics already last year.

1. I did medical in Sep 2019 and spouse in Oct 2019. Can we use this medication in our express application?
  2. Spouse (outland) also did biometrics in Oct 2019, valid for 10 years. how can I add that biometric in the express application?
  3. I am currently visiting back home and stuck here coz of COVID 19 and I do not have a current job in Canada ( though I do have arrangements with couple of employers who are willing to employ me when I come back) but considering I do not have any current job, would it affect my CEC application anyway?
Thank you guys,
1. Medical should be good if it did not expire which is one year after taking the medical exam.

2.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

you will have to give Biometrics every time you apply for PR.

3. I am not in a best position to answer this. Hopefully, somebody else will be able to shed some light on it.

Vimald2v

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
My second year of work experience gonna complete on May, 27 and recieved ITA on April 9 as EE profile gave me points before completing.
Should I accept ITA or decline??
Plzz help....!
TIA

shaan02

Apr 10, 2020

Who needs proof of funds
You do not have to give any proof of funds.
Just upload a letter of explanation stating that as a CEC applicant you are not required to upload any

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
1. Medical should be good if it did not expire which is one year after taking the medical exam.

2.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

you will have to give Biometrics every time you apply for PR.

3. I am not in a best position to answer this. Hopefully, somebody else will be able to shed some light on it.
Thanks, Robbin. It helped a lot.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Got ITA today. CRS 465

Thank you guys,
Does anybody able to answer inquiry # 3?
Thanks,