+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applications - Oct 2020 **Join Here**

Chintan_patel95

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • December 7, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
looks like it's gonna take forever !!
aor oct 23(more details in signature)
7 months 18 days and counting.....

zmorris

Jun 10, 2021
Been lurking on here for a while but something change strange happened -

Back in December I sent my RCMP check and status changed to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." Back in early may it changed to Not Applicable. Today, the status changed back to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." with today's date.

My GCMS notes claimed that criminality is passed (same day as eligibility) in the case notes but not on the top-level pages so I'm assuming it was just waiting for an agent to update there.

@legalfalcon any clue on what that means?

jcbain

May 18, 2021
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
26-10-2020
Med's Done....
07-10-2020
Hey everyone, I called IRCC again and got this automated update on my application:
They're still determining eligibility and the background check is still in progress.

Is this accurate? Where are you all getting the passed status from? I see it on some posts.

Should I press more buttons to speak to a human? Haha kinda scared to face the truth :(

Note: I don't have access to my actual application cause I'm doing it through a consultant. Already asked them to followup on their end/request for GCMS notes.

AOR: Oct 24
Yeah, I had been wondering the same thing yesterday so I just called them and made sure to get dispatched through to a rep. It should be pressing "0" after where you get the automated update. It took me calling 4 times back-to-back but the fourth time I was dispatched through and then I just asked whether I had passed eligibility and if there was any more information that they could give me about my application that I'm unable to see on my profile. That worked out for me in terms of letting me know that I passed eligibility and the rep was very kind about it.

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hi, finally I got another GU this morning and was able to get in touch with an agent. She told me my application has passed all stages and waiting for final decision now. Hope to get it in next 2 weeks :oops:

AOR: Oct 29, Inland CEC

wasabe

Jun 7, 2021
Yeah, I had been wondering the same thing yesterday so I just called them and made sure to get dispatched through to a rep. It should be pressing "0" after where you get the automated update. It took me calling 4 times back-to-back but the fourth time I was dispatched through and then I just asked whether I had passed eligibility and if there was any more information that they could give me about my application that I'm unable to see on my profile. That worked out for me in terms of letting me know that I passed eligibility and the rep was very kind about it.
So lucky! I've been trying to do that but still haven't gotten through to speak with an agent. :(

aammyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
So lucky! I've been trying to do that but still haven't gotten through to speak with an agent. :(
It's difficult (and frustrating at times) to get through to an agent, but just keep trying and you'll be OK. Try earlier in the day.

I stopped calling once I found out that I've passed all stages, so that's one less person you have to worry about calling in and competing with for a connection haha.

Reactions: wasabe

wasabe

Jun 7, 2021
It's difficult (and frustrating at times) to get through to an agent, but just keep trying and you'll be OK. Try earlier in the day.

I stopped calling once I found out that I've passed all stages, so that's one less person you have to worry about calling in and competing with for a connection haha.
Haha nice! Must be such a relief!! :D I'll keep trying then. Around what time did you try? Do you know if they start accepting calls at 8 AM EST or PST? I'm in the west coast and they don't specify. o_O

aammyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Haha nice! Must be such a relief!! :D I'll keep trying then. Around what time did you try? Do you know if they start accepting calls at 8 AM EST or PST? I'm in the west coast and they don't specify. o_O
It's local time :) I'm in Vancouver and used to call right on 8am PST - sometimes it would take a few goes to get through though! It's a relief, but I'm still in limbo waiting for that portal email. As tempted as I am to call and tell them to hurry up and press that dang final decision button, it's probably in my best interest to be patient and not harrass them hahaha. Good luck!

wasabe

Jun 7, 2021
It's local time :) I'm in Vancouver and used to call right on 8am PST - sometimes it would take a few goes to get through though! It's a relief, but I'm still in limbo waiting for that portal email. As tempted as I am to call and tell them to hurry up and press that dang final decision button, it's probably in my best interest to be patient and not harrass them hahaha. Good luck!
I'm in Vancouver too! Thanks, that's good to know. I'll try again tomorrow ;)

Good luck to you too! I really hope it comes soon!! The wait is the worst. I think I'm going to start meditating before I completely lose my mind :D

• Haha
Reactions: Noyan2020