+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applications - Oct 2020 **Join Here**

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Hi
congratulations!
Can I check why was your application at RR status. I am at similar stage since March 10th.
AOR 13th Oct.
I didn't submit my Canadian transcript (although I submitted my certificate), so the case analyst deducted 15 points for my Canadian education and my score fell below the cut off. I received ADR in March and it stayed in review even until now.

Did you request GCMS notes? It's the best place to tell where your application is at in terms of processing or if you need to take further action.

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
I didn't submit my Canadian transcript (although I submitted my certificate), so the case analyst deducted 15 points for my Canadian education and my score fell below the cut off. I received ADR in March and it stayed in review even until now.
Sorry, is transcript a required document? I thought they were only interested in a degree/certificate. That's what also was requested when submitting an application for PR, and there were no mention of transcripts (at least for me)..

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Sorry, is transcript a required document? I thought they were only interested in a degree/certificate. That's what also was requested when submitting an application for PR, and there were no mention of transcripts (at least for me)..
It's not, which is why I was so annoyed that my file got shoved aside because the assistant at R10 check decided to put that they couldn't confirm my level of Canadian education (and needed transcript to confirm).

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
It's not, which is why I was so annoyed that my file got shoved aside because the assistant at R10 check decided to put that they couldn't confirm my level of Canadian education (and needed transcript to confirm).
Yeah, that's what I also thought and I am in the similar situation submitting only a degree. Did they request the ADR from you to ask for the transcript I assume?

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Good for you :) My application is in RR since I don't know even when. They are taking their sweet time with application notes too that I have requested.
There are a few of us who were stuck at RR since March and just started to see some progress (I believe the officer just went back to review the files) and hence the updates. You might have to call to get a status update as my cic account is still showing document in review despite the actual updates.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
I think the officers apply very different standards. I only included my certificate too. They never asked for anything else. Or did you find out by asking?
They do have different standards but it's certainly not a requirement to submit the transcript. I found out from my GCMS notes and then received the requests months later for the transcript.

Reactions: Kevin2020

wasabe

Jun 7, 2021
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering about RRs. Will they inform you what exactly they need from you or you need to request for GCMS notes or call them to find out?

Still no changes or updates in my application. Got a response after following up via webform and all they said is that they're still processing my application.

I don't know anything about GU's since I applied through a consultant so I don't have access to my actual application. All I know is that they asked for my RPRF in January.

AOR Oct 24, CEC Inland, no dependents.

CA_PR_2020

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020

Did you request GCMS notes? It's the best place to tell where your application is at in terms of processing or if you need to take further action.
Thank you for your reply.
I have received notes and it does not state the reason for RR. Case analyst just mentioned these two words (Review required) against my Foreign experience documents. Job responsibilities are mentioned in the letter I had submitted, so not sure for exact reason for RR. Also Foreign experience points mentioned is "0". i am bit worried now as this brings down the overall CRS.